Cakemaster26 Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 5:53pm
post #1 of

HI

I know when doing royal icing you need a grease free instruments/bowl and container to store. Would it be okay if I use a plastic container to store the royal icing if I clean it with vinegar.

Please let me know. I need it tonight for my wilton classes.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
ntertayneme Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 5:54pm
post #2 of

As long as it's completely grease free, it should work for you icon_smile.gif

MariaLovesCakes Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 5:55pm
post #3 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriss

HI

I know when doing royal icing you need a grease free instruments/bowl and container to store. Would it be okay if I use a plastic container to store the royal icing if I clean it with vinegar.

Please let me know. I need it tonight for my wilton classes.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I have. And as long as it is clean (I didn't clean it with vinegar) I use it to store the royal icing. It stays okay...

Cakemaster26 Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 6:00pm
post #4 of

Thanks MariaLovesCakes for your quick response. I will try it. Just came from the store and didn't want to return (also have no more money for new containers) icon_lol.gif

MariaLovesCakes Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 6:06pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriss

Thanks MariaLovesCakes for your quick response. I will try it. Just came from the store and didn't want to return (also have no more money for new containers) icon_lol.gif

oh, please, don't buy anymore.... As long as the blown has been clean well, it won't mess up your icing... Good luck!

Sherryb Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 6:09pm
post #6 of

I have plastic bowls that I use only for buttercreme and plastic bowls that I use only for royal and I have them labled so my DH and my DD doesn't use them for ANYTHING else.
Sherryb

Cakemaster26 Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 6:21pm
post #7 of

When I get my next paycheck I will buy big enough containers just for Royal Icing. until then I will go with what I have and use Vinegar to clean them. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%