Omg! My Husband Is My Only And Worst Customer!

Decorating By lepaz Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 5:20pm by lepaz

lepaz Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 7

Seriously, he is horrible and I'm thinking of telling him to take his business elsewhere (lol)!! I love him but the man thinks he can come home from work and tell me he needs a cake for the next day!!! "Hold on hon, let me wiggle my little nose and produce a cake from out of no-where!" Does the man not see me slaving away for hours/days in the kitchen???! I'm no-where near as talented as some of you gals here so I need time to plan, but nooooo, no time to plan out something cute. I need to go out and buy the stuff and as I was out I was half tempted to go down and buy a Wal-Mart cake for him to take, except the way he fails to notice things it wouldn't have had the effect I wanted. The only reason I keep doing them for him is he is soo proud to take them to work and he comes home to tell me how they loved it that you would think he made the darned thing! The cakes are usually what he donates to pot lucks at work or office birthday parties and such, so I don't get paid for them, exxxxceeept, I do usually pay myself with and new decorating toy or pan or something...
Oh well, what can you do? For better and mostly for worst. Dang!

6 replies
JenniferL Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 7

Ahh, that's so sweet though. He appreciates your talent even if he doesn't appreciate the amount of work his requests require. Sounds like you've been able to turn into a good excuse to buy a new cake gadget!!

My husband has never asked me to make a cake... he doesn't like cake! icon_confused.gif He did insist on making me a birthday cake this year. He made a banana cake with caramel icing. Apparently he has been paying some attention to my cake decorating because he tried to smooth the caramel icing with my icing (paint) roller. icon_eek.gif He started to panic about the roller though when he remembered that I was talking about repainting my cabinets. He waiting until after I ate the cake (which was really good by the way) to ask me if he'd used the right roller! No wonder he wouldn't try his cake! icon_lol.gif :lol

They'd drive us nuts if they weren't so darn cute! icon_lol.gif

luelue1971 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 7

My husband informed me at 8 pm that he needed something to take for a potluck work breakfast the next morning. I offered to make (well defrost and ice) a cake but he wanted "breakfast food'.

So they got a quickie pumpkin bread loaf.

tracycakes Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:20am
post #4 of 7

My husband is just the opposite. He loves my cakes but NEVER would ask me to make anything to take to potluck. cake or otherwise and I love to cook. I would find out when he brought a recipe home (from someone else) and mention the potluck either days or weeks later.

The only thing I can think of is to ask him to please let you know about the event when he finds out. That way, you can plan ahead.

all4cake Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:33am
post #5 of 7

As aggrevating as it may know...deep down're smiling smugly...ain'tcha...go ahead...admit it. You know that man of your's is proud of you even if his timing is a bit off.

indydebi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 7

MIne would do that once in a while and because I can whip up a simple small cake pretty quick, it wasn't an issue.

But ..... ! (there's always one of those, right?)

There was the day I had this HUGE wedding, AND a big cookie order to finish, and he promises a cake for someone the next day. I totally lost it. I did do the cake (i was baking anyway), but trust me ..... his a$$ was getting eat out the entire time that cake was in the oven, and during the icing process!! Little phrases like "no respect for what I do. It's not like I have a REAL job or anything. Gee, it's just a cake so how hard can it be. (Did I mention the no respect for me or my time thing?) How DARE he think he knows what my schedule will be! Who made him Keeper of my Calendar? Since when does he book jobs without knowing what kind of oven capacity is open? Is THIS how he does HIS job at HIS place of employment? Does he make promises on behalf of OTHER peopel without checking with them first? Did I mention a lack of respect for me and for what I do?

Trust me .... the price he paid for that cake was really high! And we're not talking dollars. icon_mad.gif

He's never done it again. He figured out that respect thing!

Psst!! Try telling him at 8:00 p.m. that you HAVE to have the oil checked in the car or you need the washer fluid filled or the car is making a funny noise and you need it fixed before tomorrow morning. See how far THAT goes over with him!

lepaz Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 7

LOL!! You guys crack me up!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%