Silicone Baking Cups?

Baking By CarolinaBelle Updated 7 Jul 2011 , 2:31pm by marenkreun

CarolinaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaBelle Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 11

Anyone use the silicone baking cups?
Are they better than using a cupcake pan and paper liners?
Thanks for any help.

10 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 11

only if you want a cupcake and no paper. I think most people prefer the cupcake to be in a paper cup.

yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 11

l use them to make chocolate cups, l paint the inside with chocolate, let it set then flip them out! icon_biggrin.gif

CarolinaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaBelle Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 12:37am
post #4 of 11

Thanks for the replies.
Good point JoAnnB. They are sold in so many stores that I thought maybe I had missed out on a good reason to use them for cupcakes.

That is a great idea yassy. I will try making chocolate cups with them.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 2:35am
post #5 of 11

They're nice when you have just a little bit of batter left over - I have a set that I use for that quite a bit. Makes a nice little cake for snacks! thumbs_up.gif

Jorre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jorre Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 2:48am
post #6 of 11

I own a set, bought them for making choc. cups and other stuff.

I do bake cupcakes in them...but they are a PIA when it comes to washing all the cupcake crumbs out of them. Plus I have to make sure the kids don't haul them off and lose them.

Paper liners are best unless you really need a cupcake without paper for some reason.

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 6:16am
post #7 of 11

really? I think they are FABULOUS and I'm ready to throw away my regular muffin pans which take up valuable space. I put a paper liner inside the silicone cup, use a cookie scoop to fill the cups, bake them on a cookie sheet, and when I'm done, if I wasn't messy at all (and I was successful last time), I have no clean- up, no washing, nada!!! Now that is SWEET!

Melissa

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 6:22am
post #8 of 11

Eek, I just noticed I'm now an official forum addict! YIKES!!! Shhh... don't tell DH! LOL (As he's typing on his forum downstairs, we're both addicted to the same thing, different outlet!)

Melissa

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 6:37am
post #9 of 11

well maybe im doing something wrong...i got a set of the small ones and i used them once and havnet touched them since...it made the biggest mess...i couldnt get the cupcakes to come out with out them breaking all apart...so ..what did i do wrong? i followed the directions that came with them...it was basically was wash dry and use...but they stuck like crazy.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 7:20am
post #10 of 11

I think they separate best if the cake is completely cooled. the crust of the cake pulls clean (mostly). While they are hot, in my experience, they really don't want to come loose.

marenkreun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marenkreun Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 2:31pm
post #11 of 11

Has anyone used Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups? I'm looking for some silicone muffin cups with a 1-cup capacity and these seem like they might work, but I can't find anything online that says how much they hold. If someone owns them, could you just see if it will hold 1 cup for me? Or does anyone have any jumbo silicone muffin cups of another brand that they could recommend? They have to hold 1 cup of batter for them to work for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%