Mmf

Baking By toleshed Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 1:02am by dessert1st

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 7

Why can't you just use the large marshmallows instead of the minis? Just weigh them so that you have the right amount?

6 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:53am
post #2 of 7

i don't know if this is the "real" reason, but a couple times, i have used the larger marshmallows, and had terrible results. I love MMF, its all i make, it works fantastic for me, but i think the larger ones just don't melt as well, they always seem to have marshmallow dust on them, and it creates a lumpy mmf. like i said, there may be a different reason than that, but i have tried large marshmallows twice (thinking the first time was a fluke) and NEVER again, i had to just throw it out.

HTH

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:46am
post #3 of 7

Hmmmm, I must have missed the part about using mini marshmallows,,, because I have only used the large size and it turns out great !?! I'm just new at it so I don't know any tricks or secrets, it just kind of worked. I just thought it was a fool proof recipe (lol).

toleshed Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:59am
post #4 of 7

dessert1st
how much water do you use with the large ones?

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:07am
post #5 of 7

I've only ever used the big marshmallows - I might try the smaller ones.

But, I don't have any problems, so long as I sift my sugar. I use 2 TBS of water, 1 tsp of vanilla (clear), 1/4 cup of hi-ratio shortening, and 1/2 TBS of glycerine. Works wonderfully every time!

Feel free to pm me if you want more about the recipe.

icon_smile.gif S.

toleshed Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 9:44am
post #6 of 7

thanks for the recipe. Its quite different than mine using the minis but maybe I'll give it a try.

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:02am
post #7 of 7

The Marshmallow Fondant recipe that I use was posted here on CC by prettytoya.

16 oz. Marshmallows
2 T water
2 lbs. Powdered Sugar

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%