Putting Down The Cake Club Ii

Lounge By springlakecake Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 12:56am by Otter

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 7:45am
post #211 of 2128

Tuesday, great news!! I think that would have been a terrible waste of cake balls, though icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Well, I haven't weighed myself yet, I'm leaving it till Thursday, but it sounds like I'd better pick up my pace a bit!! Lots of walking tomorrow!!!! My SIL and I have started our walking routine again thumbs_up.gif

Sounds like everyone is doing well with their exercise. Keep up the good work, girls, we're gonna have to keep up the pace if we're gonna beat Tuesday! LET'S WORK IT (and don't forget to have someone take a pic in the next couple of days icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

Susan123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan123 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 10:50am
post #212 of 2128

OK, now I'm laughing TO myself ABOUT myself. I read 2sday's message about sending Merissa a little sunshine for her "pita doll" cake. So I sent her a little "thinking-of-you" message, thinking all the while "how do you make a doll cake out of pita bread?". THEN it occurred to me a bit later....duh...how naive can one be??? 2sdae meant a "pain in the %$$ doll" cake!!! I hope that made you smile Merissa!!!

bellatrixothersis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellatrixothersis Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 11:27am
post #213 of 2128

Hi all, I joined cakecentral last December and had no idea this was a weightloss type of group. I've been reading so many posts never hit on this one..I turned the big 50 and somewhere in my mind something clicked. I am on my way of losing 20lbs (for now). Lost 5 so far. I am walking up to 2 miles. It would be great for me to check in here..being involved with people with the same goals helps me stay focused and on track.. Will be reading all the posts.

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 11:54am
post #214 of 2128

Morning all!

Well, it's Monday and back to work. I don't think my pedometer measured right yesterday. It said only 4 miles. I went shopping and am sure I did more than that. There really is an upside to not having a car if you can get away with it.

Had a chance to do some gardening this weekend, also. I cleaned out some beds and got rid of some dead foilage that I had left over winter for a mulch. Looks as if the plants have re-seeded themselves again this year. Also my daffodils are open and I have a bloom on my lilac (the first year it's bloomed). icon_biggrin.gif

Glad to hear everyone has had a good weekend. Tuesday, I am glad you got your money. I am also glad that you stood up to her. I can't stand people who don't pay up on time. icon_mad.gif

I think we have the house taken care of, but please say a prayer for us. It is really scary because I have no idea where we will be going. We will have to wait until we can save up some money before moving back to Florida. I am hopeful we can do it before the end of the year. Before the cold weather comes back with a vengence. Of course, we aren't out of the woods yet for this year.

bellatrixothersis, welcome! Glad to have you here! You will receive lots of support here.

Merissa, good luck with the cake. Sending good vibes your way. thumbs_up.gif

Talk to y'all later,

Karen

Susan123 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 11:56am
post #215 of 2128

Hi Bella~
Welcome! If you read my message to Maggie, another new member, at the top of page 15, it outlines what we do to support one another and lose weight. Glad to have you here!

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:14pm
post #216 of 2128

Good monring ~ Welcome Bella and Maggie!

I did OK this weekend did have a banana fudge sundae Saturday night but that was after spending the majority of the day outside.

I have a cake order today so I hope I finish up in time to get some exercising done.
My calfs are tender this am b/c went shopping to a few stores yesterday and was in my high heels from church still so that's a good thing (and back b/c my feet are sore too LOL)....

Good job on the walking karen!
Glad things worked out Tuesday!!!

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:20pm
post #217 of 2128

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for welcoming me into your group!

Susan, thanks for the explanation of how the group works. Yikes, cheerleader?? I wouldn't know the first thing about how to do that! I guess I will just have to pay attention and learn from the pros icon_smile.gif

Merisa - I checked out your doll cake and it turned out adorable! Sorry for all the issues you had - I hate it when that happens. So stressful! Anyway I haven't made one of theose yet but I am eager to at my first opportunity (though somewhat intimidated too).

Tuesday - I don't know the whole story but that sure sounds like a nutso customer. Glad your DH finally got the money. And awesome job on the 3.2 lbs!!

I'm so thankful for you guys. I'm already very encouraged for my week ahead!

My main goals this week are:
1) Journal my eating. I might not eat well, but my goal for now is simply to WRITE IT DOWN, no matter what it is. I desperately need to get back into this habit.
2) Keep it up with the exercises - at least 4-5 times. (I'm treadmilling as I type this - 53 min so far this morning!)
3) Keep it up with the water. I have heard about that being a myth, too, but I figure it can't hurt to be well-hydrated, and at least it keeps me from drinking junky stuff like diet drinks and soda.

The picture challenge is ironic for me since it was seeing a pic of myself last week that gave me a huge kick in the behind to get my weight back under control. Can I submit that pic? I only have a hardcopy so I will have to take a pic of it, but it shows how I look. It wasn't taken this week but it was just a couple of weeks ago, and I weighed the same as I weigh now. Is that okay?

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:21pm
post #218 of 2128

Hi Bella, welcome!!! This is such great group for support and motivation. We love to challenge eachother.

I'm did good yesterday, walk/ran on the treadmill for 30 min. It's so much easier when it's not 5:30am. Instead of pilates I finally blew up my exercise ball and worked with it!

Forgot to put on my pedometer this morn before I hopped on the tread mill, oh well it still early in the day!

Susan, it's not easy getting back on the exercise track. It seems as if it's one or the other for everybody. Once you start a routine again it will become second nature. Do you have an ipod or anything to keep you entertained at the gym since you've lost your buddy.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend and have a GREAT monday.

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:15pm
post #219 of 2128

Good morning everyone.

I had a pretty good weekend. I was very busy with the family and the kids, I babysat a 1 year old and and almost 3 year old. The 3 year old keeps me on my toes and I didnt get a chance to relax until they picked them up. But had a great time and kept me from eating too much and mindless snacking.

Welcome Bella, Maggie like everyone has said you will find alot of support and ideas. If you have not checked out sparkpeople.com you should. It is a free weight loss sit will lots of work our ideas, meal plans and articles to read.

Merissa I will have to go in and look at your doll cake, got to work a bit late so need to get something done before I look more here!

2sdae go glad your clients finally paid you! Great that you told her she would have to pay in advance next time way to go. Great job on your weight loss!

Karen gardening is such a good work out!! All the bending and stooping, pulling and pushing!!! Not to mention the great fresh air!

OK gotta go and work.

Susan123 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 9:55am
post #220 of 2128

Hi All~
Sounds like everyone is getting a good workout, whether you're doing formal exercise or not. I'm trying to get in little things to kick start myself again, like parking farther and a walk at lunch. Casey, I have an exercise ball, that's a great idea, thanks! I'm going to use it tonight. Maggie, it sounds like your exercise is on track, good for you. I think it's fine to submit any photo you like. And Michelle, I don't know if I've ever had more exercise than when I'm responsible for young children, whew, what a job. I'm sure you burned more than a few calories...

It's my No Cheat Tuesday (for newbies, I do a No Cheat on Tuesday because I have a standing Wednesday dinner date). I've done fine with my calories, I so appreciate Sparkpeople now because I just put everything in there and try and eat a dinner that balances out what I need for the day. I usually don't use my full daily allotment of calories (1550), so I've been "saving" some over the week and had a special treat this morning of fresh goat cheese that I bought at the outdoor market on Sunday. It was soooo good!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Otter Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:53am
post #221 of 2128

Susan, I envy you being able to get to a good market. None around here. I wonder if I can talk Hubby into Philadelphia this weekend? We saw a show for a good one in Philadelphia on PBS a while ago. Cleveland also has a nice one. My BIL took us there once, but he doesn't know how to shop. Just runs through the place. I wonder why he goes at all.

I think we finally are going to stay warm. I feel so much lighter just not having to wear a coat, and with the house situation taken care of that takes a load off my shoulders, too.

Quote:
Quote:

Good job on the walking karen!

Thanks, Red. We downsized the car about three years ago. For a year before that I was talking about starting walking, now I walk every day just two miles to even get to work, two miles back, and I try to do some walking during lunch. Nothing to help your walking workout like not having a car.

Talk about a workout. We will be starting packing and cleaning to move soon. I really don't know where all of this "stuff" comes from. Of course, I also have DD's stuff to move, too. This weekend we are going to get a storage room to start moving stuff into for temporary. We are thinking an efficiency so that we can save money for the big move to Florida, which Hubby is hoping to accomplish by October. I think that is a bit wishful.

Well, I've got to go for now. Have to disinfect my desk. There's a mouse in the house (at work).

Karen

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:07pm
post #222 of 2128

I all, I couldn't get on cc yesterday!!! icon_cry.gif
Plus I am swamped, my grandmother's birthday is today and tomorrow is my oldest daughter's 15th birthday...so I am up to butt in cake and everything cake!!!!!!
BUT I HAVE BEEN BUSY AND WORKING ON THAT WEIGHT LOSS GIRLS...SO YOU BETTER WATCH OUT..... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Hope all is good with everyone and welcome all you newbies.....

DIE FAT CELLS........D-I-E!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

bellatrixothersis Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:26pm
post #223 of 2128

I couldn't get on yesterday either. I pretty much just given up on getting on this site after school/dinner. Been like that since they switch things over.
Maggie - I too need to write things down! I find that when I do that - I eat better and stick to my meal plans. But I'll keep track for two or three days and it just magically goes by the wayside. Too cold and damp yesterday to walk outside, so I rode my indoor bike 4.5 miles...Have a great day all and I will check sparkpeople next.

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:27pm
post #224 of 2128

Congrats on all the walking, everyone!! We should have some great photos to show on Thursday!

Tuesday, all the best with your cakes! Make sure you eat plenty, won't you???!!!!!!>>> icon_evil.gif

Great news about your house, Karen!! And don't worry, God has everything under control, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time!!

Susan, you're not the only one......I was imagining pita bread too!! I feel stupid now!! icon_redface.gif

Michelle, it sounds like babysitting was good for you....keep up the good work!

Casey, you're doing well, too. I didn't realise how much you could do with an exercise ball until recently....they're great aren't they??

Maggie, it's good to hear this thread is working for you already. Start with small changes so you don't notice them too much, you're more likely to stick to them, then. thumbs_up.gif

Welcome, Bella (is that your name?? Cause your username is going to be hard to remember icon_eek.gif ) Congrats on the 5 lbs loss....hopefully we can encourage you to make it further!!

I've had a good eating day today, the best one in a while actually. Hopefully i can continue tomorrow and knock the socks off Tuesday (if she eats plenty of cake icon_razz.gif )

2sdae Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:34pm
post #225 of 2128

NOT A CHANCE,BUT YOU CAN TRY!!!!!! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Karate Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:53pm
post #226 of 2128

Good morning everyone

Just a quick note today, I have so much work to do I cant linger here that long today.

I have not worked out this week, I woke up yesterday with a bit of a head cold and today it has progressed into a full head cold. Even though I slept well last night, I am so tired this morning I just couldnt get up to work out. I will try to get something in this afternoon when I get home.

Susan you are lucky that you have those great markets. We have some pretty good vegi and fruit stands/stores but nothing like what you have I'm sure!!

Karen so glad it is finally warming up for you. It will also keep your spirits up when the sun shines!! Packing is a great work out, good luck to you on your changes.

2sdae you are so uplifting!! I know you will do well this week!

Bella and Maggie, journaling is one of the best ways to "see" what you are putting in your mouth as long as you write down every little thing. I also will start strong but then it just sort of fades away as I get busy at work or forget my journal either at home or at work.

Sonya great job on your eating, you will give 2sdae a run for her money and to be honest not looking forward to the photos! But there will be one I promise!

Ok gotta get to work.

bellatrixothersis Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:02pm
post #227 of 2128

Hi Scgriffits...Bella's just fine. Any Harry Potter fans will know who bellatrix is...I'm just the unknown sister! LOL

Karate Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:06pm
post #228 of 2128

I LOVE Harry Potter!!! What a fun username! Cant wait for the next movie!!!

redhare Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:36pm
post #229 of 2128

DANG It - I had this long reply and it wouldn't post it!

basically I said I finally made it thru my work out dvd WAHOOO all but like 5/10 minutes of the stuff I'm physically limited on.

What do ya'll do for lunches? I'm trying to shrink my stomach so I need FILLING foods that are easy/quick (and of course cheap)... I'm getting tired of sammiches all the time (sorry I hang around a 3 and 4 year old all day it's not a sandwich it's a sammich).

Crap can't remember what else I said so GOOD LUCK everyone on there goals for today!

Karate Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:47pm
post #230 of 2128

Connie, I have a salad everyday for lunch Mon thru Fri. Sometime I put chicken in, most times not. I try to get different vegis and try to make it as colorful as possible. Kind of hard when most vegis are green. Since this is all I have for lunch it is usually a pretty good size one to get me thru until dinner.

redhare Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 4:58pm
post #231 of 2128

Oh Man Katie more power to ya, digging post holes KILLED ME I gave up and let dh do that a few months ago Of course we had black clay and stuff in there too but NO FUN AT ALL...

Karate (your name just slipped my mind sorry) - only thing is I'm addicted to cheese I swear I am, so if I have a salad I put a TON of cheese on it which really isn't THAT bad it's a dairy LOL darn that fat content!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 7:19pm
post #232 of 2128

Hi everyone! Sorry I have not checked in in several days! I forgot to mention that we went on a little mini spring break with the family. We took the kids to a hotel with a bunch of swimming pools and video games. It was a a big Chuck E Cheese with pools LOL! Definitely a kid vacation.

Thanks also for the vibes about the cake! It turned out fine. I was frustrated that I had to re do the entire thing and stayed up late friday night rebaking. oh well, it was a learning experience!

okay I do feel pretty guilty. I think over the last couple of weeks I have completely lost focus. I think I have fallen off the wagon, but it is dragging me, because I dont want to give up. So I am climbing back on. I am sort of dirty though... icon_lol.gif I think I have eaten out more than in. yuck. I do not want to step on the scale for a couple of days. I don't think I will.

I had to skim the last few pages (due to it being a long time since i checked in icon_redface.gif ) But welcome new members!

And Tuesday I HEAR YOU! 3 miles? Well I would like to say congratulations on that run, but now i am feeling a little competitive! LOL! Maybe I better start working myself up to 4 miles......Hey, nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, right? No, great job!

bellatrixothersis Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 7:22pm
post #233 of 2128

My lunch today chicken in a wrap with lettuce. Warmed it in some sunflower oil. - Nothing fancy. Walked a mile today. Anybody ever try to detox? Fast? Master cleanse?

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 9:38pm
post #234 of 2128

Casey - Good job working on the exercise ball. I used to try to use one in a Jazzercise class years ago, but I could not get the hang of it! I felt like such an uncoordinated dork!!! icon_redface.gif

Michelle - Thanks for the SparkPeople recommendation - I'd never heard of it before. I joined today. I was just journaling my food in Excel before, so it will be nice to have it online instead! I was considering WW online again but SP is FREE which is great! I like being able to see the carbs, fat, and protein tallies (and ugh I definitely eat too much fat and too little protein).

Susan - Good job for not using your daily full allotment of calories... you are my hero, hope I get to be like you some day! icon_wink.gif

Karen - A mouse????? Eeek. I'd be going home until they caught it!

Bella - Writing things down helps me a ton. I hate doing it (hate admiting what I ate!!) but seeing the tallies helps me aim for the right stuff.

Connie - Awesome job getting through your DVD! You worked up to it fast!!

Katie - Sorry your DS didn't get to ride in the show. Do you own horses?

Merissa - So sorry you are being dragged by the wagon, but at least it didn't leave you behind. Hopefully we can pull you back up again. We don't mind a little dirt thumbs_up.gif

It's been an okay day today - Treadmilling was great, and eating was going well until I went to run errands. DH asked me to pick something up for him at the grocery store and I am SUCH a sucker for their lemon squares that I bought myself one while I was there. WHY DO I DO THAT?! icon_confused.gif Then when I came home I was starving and had some garlic toast - it is the kind in a bag for hors d'ouevres. I figured it wasn't too bad until I looked at the bag - 80 calories a serving and 53(!!!!) servings in the bag. icon_eek.gif That is insane. I still ate some but at least I made myself throw away the rest of the bag (probably half of the bag - the other half is already on my hips).

While I was out I bought some fabric for a little sewing project I want to work on this week. I'm hoping it might keep my hands busy enough that they can't reach for food.

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 10:50pm
post #235 of 2128

Hey all,
I saw Merissa mention this thread in a different thread about weight, so I thought I'd poke my head in here icon_smile.gif
I'm 19, and weigh somewhere around 155-160. We used to have a scale, but it broke so I don't know exactly anymore. I've never been 'little,' and I've just put off getting healthier for too long. Being in culinary school does not help things along either icon_smile.gif But I'll graduate in a few weeks, so I won't have that influence around me all the time.
I don't want to look at this as losing weight or sizes, I just want to get healthier. So I'm glad that I found this thread, just for some moral support, and to read about other people going through the same things that I am. And to realize that I CAN DO THIS!! icon_biggrin.gif
~Beth

springlakecake Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:23am
post #236 of 2128

welcome Beth! Sounds like you have a perfect attitude. I think many of us get bogged down with the "numbers" and get discouraged. I think the weight loss or sizes will come in time if you are living as healthy as possible.

Susan123 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:23am
post #237 of 2128

Wow, how nice to have all these new members, welcome everyone! For a little explanation of how we work, see my post at the top of page 15...but we're very flexible, this is a do-what-works-for-you-and-we'll-support-you group.

On Michelle's recommendation, I've been using Sparkpeople since January and really like it. It helps me keep on track and see my numbers.

Today's my weigh in, and I lost a pound this week. I'm a little disappointed...I feel I have so much to lose and it's very slow, but I also know that this is the way it will likely stay off. In the last 14 weeks or so I've been able to develop decent eating habits and that feels good.

Welcome to your No Cheat Wednesday and whatever that means for you...just remember, tomorrow's Weigh-In Thursday!

2sdae Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:06am
post #238 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan123

Today's my weigh in, and I lost a pound this week. I'm a little disappointed...I feel I have so much to lose and it's very slow, but I also know that this is the way it will likely stay off. In the last 14 weeks or so I've been able to develop decent eating habits and that feels good.

Welcome to your No Cheat Wednesday and whatever that means for you...just remember, tomorrow's Weigh-In Thursday!

DONT YOU GET DISCOURAGED MISS MAM!!!! Look at my pics girl...it will happen....YOU KNOW IT!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Now back to this newbie thing, WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif
You have come across a very eclectic and talented group of woman who are striving to get healthier for themselves first and for most. We dont fad diet or starve ourselves nor do we encourage it.
We are here for moral and on line support. We love baking and making just not the jiggling effects it leaves behind on our behinds...hips, arms, legs...etc!

I am still trying to get into things this week as today is my oldest's birthday so today I thought back to the weight I was when I came out of hosp. with that new baby. 194!!!! Well I am currently 133.5! So I know I have managed to knock it off and am proud to say it and show it to my girls...

I may be scarce today as I have yet to finish this cake and yesterday was my grandma's birthday so busy, busy me.

merissa: watch out! I am coming after your mileage girl...better get to it!!!!! You wouldn't want little old me at 5'3 to pass you by like lightening!!!!!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

and for any of you wanting to loose more than me this week....you can try!!!!!!
MUUUHAHA!!!<<<<EVIL LAUGH INSERTED!

DIE YOU ROTTEN STINKING FAT CELLS...D-I-E!!!!!

springlakecake Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:46am
post #239 of 2128

okay today is my official re-start day! lol! I think this time around I really need to focus on journaling my foods and staying on track calorie wise. I am going to keep up with my exercise since that is still have a routine in place. I also want to focus on just drinking water. At least until i have drank my full 64 ounces for the day.

Susan, a pound is great! It is a pound lost, not gained, and that is what is important.

I am ready for a NO CHEAT DAY! Hey, it's just food.

Otter Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:59am
post #240 of 2128

Morning, all!

Hope everybody is having a great day. Welcome, Beth! I know you'll enjoy it here and get some encouragement.

The forsythia is blooming and my nose is stuffed up. I had to stop at the drugstore on the way in for some non-drowsy medication so that I will be able to breathe at work today. On the up side, I did get some extra steps in this morning and the weather is still maybe not warm but adequate.

Has everybody taken their picture to post tomorrow? I will be taking mine tonite and probably posting it, too. I think a picture taken with my old camera will post. I put the cake on that I made for Easter yesterday and had no problems posting it.

Well, I'd better go for now. Talk to y'all later!

Everybody have a good No-Cheat Wednesday!

Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%