Putting Down The Cake Club Ii

Lounge By springlakecake Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 12:56am by Otter

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 4:44pm
post #2101 of 2128

How is everyone? Busy with working and Thanksgiving and the holidays?

I have eaten WAy too much so I decided to try and lose some weight before christmas. Is that really possible? I am on day two of my diet and I am already doubting myself.

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 5:59pm
post #2102 of 2128

Don't doubt yourself. Don't deprive yourself, either. Make the portions of what you do eat smaller, and remember breakfast.

Work is going well, and black Friday wasn't too bad. Actually, it was kind of fun. I didn't have to touch the register, although I was in the TOY department. Just wish they would hurry and give me paycheck. The gas tank is completely empty and there is no money to fill it back up, even a bit. I had a job interview at the library yesterday and had to stay out the entire day because I knew I wouldn't be able to go out and then come back.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Time to start thinking about Christmas and planning Christmas cookies.

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 2:22pm
post #2103 of 2128

Good morning everyone! Sorry I have been gone so long. We have been having some medical things going on with some family members and my mind has been elsewhere!

Things are going ok......my workout and diet have been out the window, so now trying to get back on track at the worst time of the year!!

Karen so glad you got a job, even if just for the season, and sometimes those do turn into permanent...heres crossed fingers for you!!

Well this is short but gotta get back to work.
Have a great day all.

Otter Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 5:27pm
post #2104 of 2128

Good to hear from you, Michelle.

I haven't been on for quite a while myself. I don't think I told you that I have a new grandbaby. She is two weeks old today. Still working, but not as much as it seems like I was when I first started and they have me on a lot of nights (yuck). I hate working nights, but you do what you have to do, I guess.

We are moving to a much larger place with my daughter and son-in-law. We will have a two bedroom apartment to ourselves but will be sharing the kitchen and the laundry. It will be nice to have our own space again. I m really not enjoying living out of a closet that was supposed to be ours but seems to be packed with their stuff and mine is hard to find and get to. The move is scheduled for next week and it is only down the street not a mile. I will be working that day, though, so I won't be able to help much.

Have a great day, all!

Karen

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 1:23pm
post #2105 of 2128

Hi there everyone. How are you all??

Congrats on the new baby, Karen!!! What is her name? How is the new house??

Michelle, hope your family is all ok thumbs_up.gif It's hard dieting this time of year, eh!!??!!

Merissa, how did your diet go? Did you lose the weight you wanted to??

I have remained steady at 142lb. Being gluten/dairy intolerant has certainly helped me maintain. I know I wouldn't have if I was able to eat what everyone else eats icon_redface.gif I have been asked to join a group of ladies to train for a 5km run. I refused to start with, because I am NOT a runner, but they finally talked me into it. The training doesn't start till January, and the run is March. The training starts as 3 minutes walking, 3 minutes jogging, so I guess I could cope with that. We'll see icon_rolleyes.gif

scgriffiths Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 9:38am
post #2106 of 2128

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! thumbs_up.gif We just spent the time at home, as we went to see my parents Christmas eve. We are going camping at the beach tomorrow, for a week. Looking forward to that icon_lol.gif

Otter Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 9:38pm
post #2107 of 2128

Hi, all. Hope everyone had a nice holiday season. Got the word that Target is going to keep me on, so that is good news.

The baby's name is Aubrey, and I am told that my husband and I will be keeping her in the mornings all week since my daughter's maternity leave is up and today was her first day of work. Son-in-law is working nights for a while. The older girl is attending daycare again.

Anyway, just stopped in to say hi and let everybody know I am still alive. I've been working some long hours for the past month.

Have a great day, all! icon_biggrin.gif

Karen

Karate Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 4:00pm
post #2108 of 2128

Hi everyone.
Well it has not been the best ending of the year. We lost one of the dearest members of the family right before Christmas. Only 32 and she succumbed to her brain tumor. She lived in England, they are having the memorial service today there, and we will be having ours here on Friday, then heading to Tombstone as that is where her and her husband met. Plan on a drink at the bar they had their reception.
Here's hoping 2011 is better!

Karen so happy about the new baby, they are such a great blessing!!

Well off to work.
M

springlakecake Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 9:08pm
post #2109 of 2128

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. That is very sad. A neighbor of mine just died also this weekend. He was also 32 and died of cancer that spread to his brain. I had only met him a couple of times, but I feel very sad for his family.

I was worrying about Sonia and the flooding that has been shown in Australia. I hope that you are not in those areas or know people there.

I am on track with my eating, but I did not lose the weight I had hoped to before xmas! I would like to take off about 5 pounds or so. It is a little easier with the holidays being over. Of course all of the valentines candy is out...!

congrats on the new baby and retaining your job karen!

Best wishes for 2011 everyone!

Karate Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 12:01am
post #2110 of 2128

Thanks Merissa. 2011 isn't so good either, my cousin passed yesterday and now Ray is sick today. gosh I sure hope things look up very soon!

Sonia I sure hope you are doing ok!

Well back to my sickie. Bye all

springlakecake Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 1:00pm
post #2111 of 2128

Sorry to hear of another loss in your family michelle. Plus so much is going on in Arizona now with the shootings. Are you any where close to that area? My thought are with everyone!

Karate Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 2:58pm
post #2112 of 2128

I live about 2 hours north of Tucson. So no where near to be in danger. On Saturday we were on our way to Tombstone which is about an hour south of Tucson. We saw the emergency vehicles roaring their way on the opposite side of the freeway. We knew something big had happened but didnt know when until we were in our hotel room. It is quite the horrible thing to have happened!

Well here's hoping all of the bad stuff is now done and we can get on with 2011!

Karate Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 2:46pm
post #2113 of 2128

Good morning all. Hope everyone is doing well today. I plan on an hour work out today. We finally have no plans for the weekend!!!
Sonia hoping things are ok for you!
Have a great day everyone

Karate Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 12:01am
post #2114 of 2128

Hi everyone hope you all are doing well. I am doing great on both my workouts and my eating!!!,
Gotta run and get dinner ready.

Otter Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:22am
post #2115 of 2128

Hi, everyone

Good to hear from everyone, but sorry to hear of all the losses. Hubby and I are taking on the job of watching the kids during the day while my daughter is at work. So far, so good. We are starting potty training with the oldest. Not quite so easy as it seemed with my daughter. She is doing ok.

I made a cake for her second birthday on the 8th of this month. It turned out well. At least she was able to tell that it was a dog.

Little one is pushing herself up on her arms already (she is just getting to be two months old next week).

We were having awful troubles with the daycare provider that my daughter was using, and we still are. Please pray that all will come out right. The Navy legal assistance tells my daughter that she has a case for not paying a two-week notice to this woman. Unfortunately, if it comes to that she will have to get a civilian lawyer and pay for him.

Well, got to go. Two screaming babies here.

Karen

Karate Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 2:39pm
post #2116 of 2128

Karen, sorry for the troubles with the day care, however you get some quality time with the grand babies!!!

All is well with me here. I have been doing to well with my eating and working out! I am afraid to say it.......but I think I am finally on a roll and getting back into the habits I had for a bit a while back!!

Sonia, I am still praying that you are OK and all is well with you and you are not part of those floods!

Everyone have a great day

Otter Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 4:12am
post #2117 of 2128

Too much quality time this morning. Opheilia, the two-year-old, had a bad day today. We are working on potty training, a little late if you ask me. I think maybe she is finally getting it. Keeping my fingers crossed. If you ask me nobody should have two children in diapers.

We are going to look for gymnastics or dance or something to get some of this excess energy worked out of the older one. Hope we can find something without having to go into Seattle. That would be quite a drive and a whole day's trip by the time we had a class.

Karate Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 2:33pm
post #2118 of 2128

Hello everyone.
working hard on my eating and I am proud to say for the last two weeks I have been able to control it! I have even cut my carb intake by a huge amount!

My workouts have been semi regular with a few wrenches thrown in to make it a challenge. Will have to work harder to keep those wrenches to a very low minimum.

Hope everyone is doing well.....still missing Sonia, I really hope she is OK!

Otter Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 1:36am
post #2119 of 2128

Glad to hear that you are getting it under control, Michelle.

We found a gymnastics class for Opheilia, but I will have to attend with her and help her with the class. Should be fun. We are starting tomorrow.

springlakecake Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 11:07pm
post #2120 of 2128

I am still worrying about sonia! Now the cyclone! Praying she is okay.

My oldest two boys werent potty trained until 3 (if it makes you feel any better karen!) My oldest really just wasnt ready until then. My middle child was probably ready around 2.5 but, we were in the middle of moving and having our 3rd baby. It was more than I could handle. My youngest was trained around 2.

Karate Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 5:00pm
post #2121 of 2128

I know Merissa, I have been thinking about Sonia quite a bit. Praying that she is OK too!

I dont have kids so cant say much about the potty training. My nephews were around 3. My sister-in-law is struggling with that right now, he turns 3 tomorrow and has no interest in potty training.

Things are still going well, with a few slips here and there. The scale still has not moved, but I feel better just knowing that I am doing all that I can. I have decided that I am old and my body is determined to hold on to everything it has and is not going to let go!!!

Otter Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 9:29pm
post #2122 of 2128

We were doing ok with the potty training, and then we all got viruses. Then we had a snowstorm and I can't get out the drive to get to work. I'm afraid I'll be losing my job over this mess, and there is not a thing I can do about it. If I can't get there tomorrow it will be the third day and usually they want a doctor's excuse if you miss three days. I've missed one because I was sick and then today because there is no way the car is getting out the drive (actually it is a dirt road about a quarter mile long. Apparently nobody is responsible for taking care of it.)

I hope Sonia is alright also. Does anybody have an email for her? How long has it been now? I'll see if I can send her a pm.

springlakecake Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 12:39pm
post #2123 of 2128

sorry to hear of all your bad luck karen. Hope everything is okay.

I got an email from Sonia this morning. I guess she has been having trouble with cake central. So I think she's okay.

Karate Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 2:33pm
post #2124 of 2128

Thank goodness you heard from Sonia!!! Glad everything is OK.

scgriffiths Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 3:02am
post #2125 of 2128

Hi everybody, it's me!!!

Sorry I've been absent. We were not caught up in the floods or cyclones. I've had so much trouble with CC putting viruses on my computer, then it would take HOURS to clear it all, so I just decided to stay away until the viruses have gone. Well, somebody is asking for a quote on a certain cake, and I was trying to find a photo of one I've done, and I think my only copy is here on CC. My memory card got damaged, so I HAVE to come here! Hopefully it won't take too long to fix the compute this time, or maybe the viruses have gone, not sure!

Otter Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 3:55pm
post #2126 of 2128

Good to hear from you, Sonia! Hope everybody is having a good day. It is 8:00 here and I am just getting up (slept late because of work and illness). We were able to get out and back in the driveway yesterday. Looks a bit cloudy today, though.

springlakecake Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 10:37pm
post #2127 of 2128

goodness we havent kept up ! How is everyone?

Otter Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 12:56am
post #2128 of 2128

I'm fine. Hope everybody else is, also.

We all had the day off together so we went to the tulip festival. The day was a bit overcast and cool, but alright. Yesterday was beautiful and warm enough that we didn't need jackets, but I had to work 2:30 to 10:30.

Not sure what I am working tomorrow. I have to check my schedule (it's in the trunk of the car in my purse).

Did everybody have a good Easter?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%