Putting Down The Cake Club Ii

Lounge By springlakecake Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 12:56am by Otter

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 12:48pm
post #31 of 2128

Morning, everyone! I made it! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Actually, I just opened my e-mail before work and found all of the pm's. Thanks! I was beginning to think you were all tired of mywhinning. I had a partial list of some names and screen names around here somewhere. It is probably in my desk. I may also have written down the cheerleader list, too. I'll look for them anyway. I need to stop using post-it notes to write things down. And after I had everybody make a journal in January! Shame on me! icon_lol.gif Yes, I do have my journal.

Anyway, work started 15 minutes ago and I still haven't done anything. Check in with you all later!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:11pm
post #32 of 2128

Good afternoon ladies!

Well I just received my phone call for my surgery, finally! I'm going under the knife on Wednesday the 26th. But I'll probably miss my dd's show. icon_cry.gif All the 6th graders made a stand-up comic's number and now they're doing a show with all of those who wants to perform, so they can have money for their trip at the end of the year. I'll keep my ticket, maybe I'll feel good enough to go. It's a one-day surgery, and they don't cut a lot, it's done by laparascopy (don't if it's the right term in English, I just translated the French word as good as I thought) Anyway, I'll know for sure the day of the surgery. IF not, well, I'm buying the DVD anyway so... but it's not the same icon_cry.gif and I don't want to wait another 6 weeks to have it removed.... icon_cry.gif
Well, I'll have to call the caterer to tell him I won't be available for a few weeks.. My dad said he's going to bring loads of candies to pack, so he won't have to bring them in the first week after my surgery.
Ok, I'll check in later on, now I'm back to my cleaning.... thumbsdown.gif

Pootchi Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:22pm
post #33 of 2128

Thanks Katie for the info.

I told my dd I'll probably be there. They learned a stand-up number from some stand-up comics that are popular here in Quebec. Their teacher even sent out invitations to them, We hope that some will be available on that date... One responded that she won't be there, but she asked for the dvd. The kids just can't wait! My dd is doing a number about afghan women. She wears a burka and all. It's a bout a woman that met an afghan man over the internet and she's learning about is religion and way of life. The Woman who made it first is a real celebrity here, she's so funny. My dd wants to be a stand-up comic later on.

See you all later ladies!

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:40am
post #34 of 2128

Good afternoon ladies.

I am so sorry that I have not been on today. I had computer issues all day and have just gotten on.

I will have a new challange and quote tomorrow.

I had the day off to spend with my dad, as he will be back in MN in a few weeks for the summer and hoped that after we had lunch and I was home again I would have time to get on here. But alas I couldnt get connected.

See you all tomorrow morning

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 10:52am
post #35 of 2128

Thanks for posting the list, Katie. Jodi, can we put you on at the end of that list, on the 17 April???

It's good to see everyone back together. I think we're all here, aren't we????

Lorris, my sister fell off her horse when she was 12 and split her liver open and nearly died. I'm not sure how it's connected with a gall bladder, but she had problems with hers for several years. She couldn't eat anything fatty or she'd have terrible pain. I saw what she went through, so I sort of understand what you're going through! I guess you can't eat any of your own donuts!!??

I've been better with what goes into my mouth this week. And tomorrow is no cheat Wednesday, so let's put our best effort in so we can have successful weigh ins this week, everyone!!!!

DIE FAT CELLS, DIE!!!!!!!

jimagination Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimagination Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 10:55am
post #36 of 2128

Sure if you explain to me exactly what I am supposed to do- Oh wait- I am in Disney from the 18th until the 26th of April. How about the week after that?

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:25am
post #37 of 2128

Lord that was a loooooong day yesterday. I got up and some how slept funny so I have an aching muscle in my neck/back/shoulder area so picking up and bending down to do things is horrible.
But we had a full day of irish food and fun with the whole family home yesterday so we were busy being silly.<<I'll spare ya the food description!
Needed that one for all of us. icon_wink.gif
But I am proud I didn't have hardly anything off my good food list.
Just 1 spoon full of caramel cream butter cream...that's all. thumbs_up.gif
Glad to see everyone made it back and is ready to roll, thanks for all those who helped round up and pm our members and to you newbies...WELCOME AND COME ON IN!

So let's keep them butts moving, water flowing and exercise king!!!!!!
lemme hear all you seasoned member shout for the newer ones our motto!!!!!

DIE YOU STINKIN FAT CELLS...D-I-E!!!!!!!!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 11:58am
post #38 of 2128

Good luck with your surgery, Pootchi! it will be nice just to get it overwith I assume! It must be hard, all the waiting!

gloomy day here, buy hey it's rain and not SNOW! yay! Though with spring on the way I have had a reality check into the summer. My kids want to be outside ALL THE FREAKING TIME. My older 2 are almost ready to play out by themselves. I feel like I can let them play out in the yard if I am in. But once other kids start coming over (some other kids are allow to go where ever now in the neighborhood) I feel like I need to supervise. More kids, more problems! they are mostly all boys too. Plus my 2 year old hates to be left out and he cant be outside by himself. So I have to walk around and around and around the house following him...following the other boys. Man I feel tired all ready. Oh well, at least I cant eat then! LOL!

Got to the gym this morning. I hated rolling out of bed this morning. I was telling myself that I really dont like to get up. But 5 minutes later heading out the door I felt much better. Now all day I will feel good about my desicion to get up. I figured it is 5 minutes of crabbiness in the morning, but 23 hours 55 minutes of feeling good about my choices!

Otter Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 12:32pm
post #39 of 2128

Katie, Thanks for the list. I will make sure to write it down in my journal this time.

Pootchie, I'm glad you finally got the call for your surgery. I am sure you will feel better afterwards. I've never had problems with my gallbladder but my Hubby has. His got better by eliminating some of the fats and sweets from his diet. I've seen the pain he went through and it wasn't bad enough to remove it, so I really feel for what you must be going through.

Tuesday, you take it easy. Glad you had a good St. Patricks Day, though, with your family.

I told the other secretary that I wasn't bringing anything for the Spring Thing tomorrow and I got such an uproar of everybody saying that they were looking forward to my cakes and talking about my cake that I caved in and am making a cake to bring in. I have royal icing butterflies at home drying, which I will paint and I am going to put buttercream drop flowers on it. It won't be a very big cake, though. Since they are still planning on getting the one from the bakery. I don't see why they would want two cakes here anyway.

Again, I haven't had breakfast since Saturday. I just cannot seem to discipline myself to have breakfast in the mornings. If only I could leave the house a bit later in order to give myself time to make a breakfast. Of course, that would mean getting a car, in which case I would not get in as much walking. I bought myself a pedometer that counts miles now. I am walking a little over two miles to and from work every day, then with the incidental miles, during work, lunchtime, going to the post office, etc. I am walking an average of 6 1/2 miles per day. Now if only I could get a strenght training routine going also.

Well, it's time to start work, so I'd better go for now. Have a great day, everyone!

springlakecake Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 12:56pm
post #40 of 2128

Karen-maybe no one else but that other lady wanted the bakery cake! I hope you get a chance to get your pics uploaded!

6 1/2 miles a day is awesome! If you didnt feel like a dork you could walk with some dumbells or strap on some ankle or wrist weights and call it your strengthening program. 2 birds.

Otter Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:16pm
post #41 of 2128

You haven't seen the luggage I take to work! icon_lol.gif

Actually, I read somewhere that it is not good to use the loose weights while walking. They are bad for the alignment for the upper body. I will have to see if I can find the article. I think ankle weights are fine.

Right now I am still trying to recover from an exercise video I bought on Sunday. I did their abdominal isolations. I didn't know I had abdominal muscles to be sore. icon_lol.gif

Well, I still haven't done any work today. Better go!

2sdae Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:17pm
post #42 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Karen-maybe no one else but that other lady wanted the bakery cake! I hope you get a chance to get your pics uploaded!

6 1/2 miles a day is awesome! If you didnt feel like a dork you could walk with some dumbbells or strap on some ankle or wrist weights and call it your strengthening program. 2 birds.

The ankle and dumbbells are a wonderful way to work in strength training for me too. I use them even around the house while doing laundry and cleaning up. Every little bit helps! icon_biggrin.gif
And boy do I need help! icon_lol.gif

Pootchie:I am very glad to see you get your call for your gall bladder op.
It might be a little scary and intrusive to you but the pain and danger is not worth it for sure.
Plus the relief you'll get from it. thumbs_up.gif

Grab you some fruit, granola bars, protein bars and some milk and or a breakfast drink for you to keep at work so you can grab something once there that is convenient for you but has some nutritional value and energy to add to you, not just sugar or caffeine. At least then you are prepared if you dont make it to breakfast at home.
thumbs_up.gif

Karate Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 3:23pm
post #43 of 2128

Good morning everyone.

Boy am I a very bad cheerleader this week. I am at the front desk and away from my quotes so that will have to wait until I get back there in a bit.

As for the challange for the day

I will make it easy, I challange everyone to drink their water. I noticed that most of us have fallen away from our water lately, so lets make today the day we start drinking all the water we are suppose to.

DIE FAT CELLS DIE!!!

Pootchi Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 3:48pm
post #44 of 2128

Thanks ladies for all your good words icon_smile.gif I just can't wait to feel better!

As far as my eating habits goes, I'm doing better. I still have difficulties to eat my veggies and fruits, but I'm getting there!
My exercises, well I could do better, but I'm walking a lot and do my aqua aerobics two times a week. After my surgery, and after my 3 weeks rest, I'll add more exercises as the weeks go by.

Gotta go!
See you later!
Lorris

springlakecake Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 4:29pm
post #45 of 2128

That is actually a great challenge. I have fallen away from the water habit. Once I get going it is easy, but starting out IS a challenge!

Otter Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 5:32pm
post #46 of 2128

I've actually fallen away from drinking the water, too. So the water challenge is a good idea.

I remembered where I read that using hand weights during walking is not good for you (and I am sure they meant major walking). It was in "You, The Owner's Manual" by Drs. Rosen and Oz. I just finished reading it. I am right now reading the "Ultimate Weight Loss Solution" by Dr. Phil.

Well, I'd better go for now. Just taking a break from work.

2sdae Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:18am
post #47 of 2128

I have to use crystal light to get all my water....I just cant drink water with no flavor....sad I know! icon_rolleyes.gif
So my water is easier but I still have to make myself do it.... thumbs_up.gif

I have can understand weight not being ok to carry if they are really heavy, then I see where they would cause you to move more unnaturally and there for throw off your body mechanics.
Mine are 2lb., 4 lbs., and 8lbs.
But I only carry the 2 and 4 ones...havent been brave enough for the 8 lbs. yet.

So let's get em up and going girls....... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

scgriffiths Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:42am
post #48 of 2128

I've also been slack with my water lately. I usually take a bottle of water with me while I walk. It holds 3 glasses, so by the time I've had my morning walk, I've already had 3/8 of my daily requirement, but I often don't have any more till dinner time.

My KA arrived yesterday. It was my birthday present (6 weeks ago) but I was waiting for the right colour to arrive. It's very exciting to finally have it sitting on my bench!!

springlakecake Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 12:20pm
post #49 of 2128

Ahhh.......... welcome young kitchen aid! I am sure she will have a long and happy life with you!

Can I tell you guys how crabby I was yesterday?? Okay it was one of those days. I did not do well in the eating department. Stress gets me every time!!

This morning I tried a kickboxing class! It was actually really fun and a great stress reliever! I punched and kicked the bag and did lots of jump roping. We will see tomorrow if I used some muscles I am not used to using!! It was fun to try something new to break up the monotony of running on the treadmill.

Otter Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 12:28pm
post #50 of 2128

I bet your're excited. When are you going to get a chance to use it? What color did you get? I wanted the pink one but Hubby wouldn't let me. I got Navy Blue.

I made my cake yesterday but forgot my camera this morning to take a picture after I put the butterflies on. I will be sure to take a picture of the one I will be taking to my Mom's for Easter. I'm going to try taking it with my old camera. I'm thinking that the picture might be smaller in size and I can upload it.

I fell short with my water again. I just need to concentrate on what I am doing again.

well, I should get to work. It's about that time. Have a great day all.

springlakecake Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 12:54pm
post #51 of 2128

my pictures will upload fine at 1 megapixel. I dont know if it varies from camera to camera, but you could try that. Or there is a site called shrink pictures. com that you try if your pics are too big.

Susan123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan123 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:08pm
post #52 of 2128

Hi All!
I've missed you the last couple of days, I just got caught up on the posts from Sunday. My sister, her husband and their 2 boys, 13 and 16 are visiting from San Antonio and I'm EXHAUSTED!! I picked them up in Venice on Sunday, we went to my house, hung out, then out to dinner with my friends. On Monday we took the train to Venice and spent the entire day there, returning on the midnight train! Yesterday we toured my city, Vicenza, and my sister and I spent the afternoon pottery shopping in Nove, a town about 20 miles from here. They have several dozen pottery factories there, each with stores and some make pottery for Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, and Williams Sonoma, which can be purchased at about 1/3 of the store price. Then out to dinner last night. Today, I sent them on a private tour to the city of Verona, about 30 minutes by train and I'm at work...getting a break! Tomorrow we'll go back to Venice to finish exploring and they'll spend the night there because they leave early Friday morning. I haven't paid much attention to my eating, but I haven't gone wild either. But I've gotten lots of walking in! I didn't weigh this morning, but I will on Friday when I have custody of my house back (my nephews are using the bathroom where my scale is). Whew! I need a vacation from my vacation!

I've missed everyone and will be back again on Friday, have a great rest of the week.

Otter Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:18pm
post #53 of 2128

Hope you are enjoying your family, Susan. It is nice that they are able to visit you.

I am not sure how many megapixels my cameras have. I know the new one has more megaixels than the older one. I am thinking taking pictures with the older camera will work.

You can count me out of no cheat Wednesday. We just had the office Spring Thing. You never have any healthful foods at our office parties. I think this is the last one I will be participating in, though. It is always such a hassel for us secretaries. Meanwhile, everyone else just gets to enjoy them.

Well, I'd better get back to work now.

springlakecake Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:44pm
post #54 of 2128

Yeah, I didnt do so well with no cheat wednesday. I ate leftover pizza for lunch. Pizza is always a double whammy. LEFTOVERS!!

As for the camera, usually you can go into the menu and change the setting for how many MP you want (vga(email), 1MP, 2MP etc.

Karate Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 10:48pm
post #55 of 2128

Good afternoon everyone.

Sorry I didnt get on this morning, I had the day off because Cox came out to take care of our cable and internet problems. He was here for most of the morning, but things seem to be great now. I then decided I better get some work done on the house before I get on here.

I have to say I am dissapointed in myself as the cheer leader this week, with the down time of the system and my own access problems I have been a rotten cheer leader. I promise my next time around I will be better.

My water intake is usually pretty good. I have a 52 oz water "bucket" at work that I fill at least twice (with ice) then I have at least 4 or 5 more glasses at home. I am alwasy thirsty. But the challange I posted yesterday was a help for me because there are times that I drink too much soda, which for me is more than 3 a week.

Susan sounds like you had a great vacation and some fun with your family. I treasure my time with my sister too when we get together and we are just states apart not countries. It sounds like you did a great amount of walking and that is excersize.

Merissa I know about the pizza, I had it for lunch today. Just love the stuff. I used to take a kick boxing class, it is fun huh? I loved it. I did that at the same time I was training in Karate. I miss it all!!!

I didnt do well for the day either, I forgot it was Wednesday so in turn forgot about no cheat.

I had a problem with my pics uploading a while back and Heath told me
file size= less than 2mb
dimensions- less than 1500 pixels in each direction
format= gif or jpg

He said to try using a photo editing program and doing a SAVE FOR WEB.

I have Photosuite and just go in and change the pixels to 1500, save and they upload just fine.

OK quote for the day"

Be specific in what you want, and use specific words. Empower yourself, and become the person you dream about.

So in keeping with the quote

Challenge for the day:

Say in specific words what you want out of life. Be it weight related, or not.

So I will start
I want my blood sugar to be within the normal ranges. My A1C to be under 6.
I want my blood pressure to be within the normal range, possibly get off the meds.
I want a normal size body, size 14 will be great no smaller I dont want to be a lollipop!!!!!
I want to maintain my happiness in my relationship, I dont think I could be happier!
I want to find inner peace with my life and all of my choices that I make.
I want all of my family, friends and cyber friends to find inner peace with their lives and choices.

Well I believe I am done for the day.
Lets all say bye bye to our fat cells and hello to our healthy living!

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:20am
post #56 of 2128

Does half a day of "No Cheat Wednesday" count for anything??? I was good during the day, but I went to my brotherâs house after work and they were having fried chicken and mashed potatoes for supper. I couldnât resist!

Carol

scgriffiths Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:21am
post #57 of 2128

Carol, it sounds like none of us succeeded with our no cheat Wednesdays, so if you didn't cheat for half a day, you've probably done better than anyone!

Michelle, you've done a great job! Don't be so hard on yourself. So you may not have posted every day, but we don't mind!!!

Well, I'll have a go at saying what I want out of life:

I want to be thin again.
I want to raise my kids to be a joy to others.
I want to be remembered as someone who is kind and always helping others.

Well it's only a short list, but I can't think of anything else at the moment!

For weigh in, I am exactly the same as last week - 155.2 My goals for the week are: Keep up with the water, exercise 5 days, no eating after 7pm.

scgriffiths Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:36am
post #58 of 2128

Oh, and Otter, my KA is black, as I have a black benchtop. I had to make a batch of bickies (cookies!) the night it arrived, so I got to christen it straight away. I've just made a cake tonight, it's nearly cooked, and it's risen a lot more than my usual cakes. How did I ever survive with only a hand mixer??????!!!!!!

springlakecake Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:09pm
post #59 of 2128

Well I am up about .5 pound from last week. (151) However, I am not surprised with my "pizza snafu" the last two days. I just want to beat this 150's! I have been really good about my exercise. I have been going 5 days a week consistently. My old motto was "just get there" My new motto to get me out of bed is "you'll be crabby for 5 minutes, then you will feel good about yourself for 23 hours and 55 minutes" I think I mentioned that before, but that is what I am telling myself when the alarm goes off! LOL!

What do I want out of life??

1. I want to have a strong, happy, healthy marriage and family.
2. I want to expirence the feeling of accomplishing my goals! (getting into shape, losing weight, feeling good about my body. Also starting a cake business icon_biggrin.gif )
3. I want my children to grow into successful, hardworking, caring people.
4. I want my life to have meant something to others. I hope they have something interesting to say about me at my funeral!!

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:25pm
post #60 of 2128

Yeah, down 1.5 from last week. Iâm now at 134.6 pounds, only 4.6 pounds to go!

So what is on everyoneâs baking agenda for this holiday weekend? Today is my Momâs 75th birthday, but she is getting her cake tomorrow at our Good Friday gathering. I wanted to try the quilling technique, but I donât know if Iâll have time play with it. Has anyone tried it? Any words of advice?

Todayâs challenge is to taste some type of food that you normally wouldnât eat. Sushi, brussels sprouts, calamari, chocolate dipped oreos â try and eat something that you would normally turn your nose up at. Hey you never know, you just might like it!

Carol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%