Putting Down The Cake Club Ii

Lounge By springlakecake Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 12:56am by Otter

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:59am
post #1 of 2128

I dont know if we can access the original thread anymore (at least not the end of it) Wondering if we could start fresh here? Anybody still there??

2,127 replies
moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 2128

Merissa,

I'm still here. I posted to the old thread. It took the new post, but I couldn't access the page with my message. Maybe if we post enough times it will flip to a new page and that new page will show up. ??

Either way, a new thread is fine with me.

Carol

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 2128

Yea I found you guys!!!!!!!!! I was wondering how we were going to continue. Perhaps a PM to all of the members that we have started a new thread and we can carry on as before. I will do that.

Susan123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan123 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 1:56pm
post #4 of 2128

Really, how frustrating is this? I'm glad you started a new one Merissa, hopefully everyone will find us.
Happy Saturday!

I'm eating cake today, something I haven't done in a long time...and now I'm sorry I did. One of my sisters and her husband and sons (13, 16) are arriving tomorrow for their first European visit. I think I'm a bit anxious about it and have turned to food! Hopefully I 'll be doing a lot of walking while they're here and can burn off some more of these calories. I always feel gigantic in front of my sisters, they're both about a size 6. Oh well, my time will come, right?

Karate Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 2128

Hang in there Susan. You can do this and yes your time will come.

Well I am back from Vegas and do believe it is my week for cheerleader. I sent a pm to all that I can remember, I know that there were new additions and didnt have those written down, hopefully they will see us on the new one.

OK here is the quote for the day

You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.

The challange for the day

What are you determined to do today? Doesnt have to be health related, I think when we apply our will, determination, want and drive for our weight loss to the rest of our lives it will boost our strive for a healther life as well.

I am determined to work out today. I have not worked out for 2 weeks due to both of my travels. I wasnt home long enough to start again on my workout routine, excuse I know. I also am determined to get some more of the dining room and study straightened out, they are still a mess from getting the new desk and driving me crazy!!!

Have a great day everyone. I am off to a baby shower and St Pattys party so will have to be diligent with my food choices for sure.

springlakecake Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 2128

I think everything after october is lost. Cant access new posts either. I read that Heath said if it reads "no posts" then we need to abandon the old thread and start fresh. It will be fine if we can just find everyone. I pmed a few members that I could remember usernames. I have gotten used to calling everyone by real name.

moreCakePlz Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan123

I'm eating cake today, something I haven't done in a long time...and now I'm sorry I did.

I know how you feel, Susan. Last night we took my niece out to dinner for her 21st birthday. I had a big ole plate of fried seafood and a huge hunk of birthday cake. My brain kept yelling not to eat the cake, but my fork and my mouth would not listen to reason. Oh well, that's an extra 15 minutes on the treadmill for meâ¦

So how did everyoneâs weigh-in go on Thursday?

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 2:52pm
post #8 of 2128

I'm here!!!! YOU GUYS CAN'T GET RID OF ME THAT EASY!!!!!
I will also find my list and contact as many people I can find too!
So glad we are back and running though!

I have had so many cakes and orders to fill and kids sick and all with CC being down I felt lost!!!!
Crazy how we come to depend so much on it hu? thumbs_up.gif
If anyone gets a chance take a glance at my 3 newest pics and let me know what ya think.

So should we start out with our losses and and goals....anyone have an opinion or want let us know!!!!
PUTTING DOWN THE CAKE CLUB 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Susan123 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 2:57pm
post #9 of 2128

Can anyone remember Katie's screen name or Jody's (our newest member) screen name? Katie's is something like ellantahalima? Between Merissa and Michelle, they let Sonia and Lorris and Karen know...anyone else we need to notify?

moreCakePlz Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 3:02pm
post #10 of 2128

I remember a screen name of cakescraps. Could cakescrips be Katie or Jody?

2sdae Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 3:04pm
post #11 of 2128

If you had any personal messages from any of these girls look at your messages. That's where I went to find some names....our messages werent deleted.

springlakecake Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 3:13pm
post #12 of 2128

As for my weigh in, i was 150.4 this morning. That is about 3 pounds down from last week. But last week i had been up by about 2 pounds. Anyway I am happy with that, but I so want to get below 150! Ahhh maybe next week.

I have been really good about my exercise. I have been 5 days the last 2 weeks. I must be making SOME progress!

2sdae Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 4:37pm
post #13 of 2128

Well as for weigh in it's 135! A 2 lb. loss but that's also because I up a pound.8 last week too! icon_rolleyes.gif
So I am kicking my own butt in gear this week and humping it up on exercise.

Also, I got a shock this morn... I opened up my new issue of mailbox news and my summer picnic cake is on page 43 bottom right corner! I have never had a cake printed anywhere before so it kinda gave me a little smile and a loud YAY!!!! icon_wink.gif

O.K. gals let's ll keep an eye out for others w have lost due to the CC crash so we can re-invite them and let them know we are still here and going strong!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 4:51pm
post #14 of 2128

Hi Ladies!
I'm so happy that CC is back up!
This week was crazy. With the barricades here and everything... Well they stopped for a few days. Our Prime minister said he would negociate, but they have to take off the barricades first. So they'll meet in the beginning of next week, but if it's not what they want, they'll put it up again. And baking for them is paying of. To reward all the people that showed up there during the week, there's a big party tonight. A real feast. And they asked all the people who contributed pastries and desserts, to bring big cakes tonight (they're paying for it!) So I'm bringing two 50 pl cakes. What it pays me for those cakes, will repay my supplies I've used this week. So that's good.

I haven't received my phone call for my surgery yet. I'm beginning to stress now. The more I wait, the more I'm stressed! I can't wait to have my gall bladder remove, after that I'll feel way better, I know. But I'm worried about the surgery. Surgery is surgery, there's always risks.
My Pootchi is having surgery on the 28th, all his teeth will be removed. So he'll only eat canned food. But he will smell so much better! And my big Dog, Brownies will be neutered on April 1st, the day after his 1st birthday. Why is it faster to have surgery at the vet then with the doc?

Well I need to go back to my cakes, Just need to ice them now!

2sdae Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 4:56pm
post #15 of 2128

Pootchie: try to loose yourself in cake!!!
As far as surgery being quicker for dogs...well there are less dogs that need surgery than people.
I guess any way!

icon_wink.gif

springlakecake Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:24pm
post #16 of 2128

Congrats Tuesday! That is huge! I don't get the magazine icon_cry.gif ! How exciting for you!

2sdae Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:01pm
post #17 of 2128

thanks merissa, I got the ribbing idea from what you said about your texturing for your overalls on your scarecrow cake! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif
I couldn't believe my pic of my cake was in there! My hubby sent them several of my cake pics and I didn't know it!!!!

It's noty a huge win or a big article with my pic or anything but it's still nice to know so many people will see it and think it's kinda cool. icon_razz.gif

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:00am
post #18 of 2128

Yay, I found you guys. I just pm'd a few of you, I was panicking for a minute.

I was up 1lb but oh well. I need to exercise more still blah.

I gotta put the kids to bed though, will be back later....

SO HAPPY I FOUND YOU !!!!!

Susan123 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:57am
post #19 of 2128

I feel like we've all been in a huge blizzard, unable to find each other, searching, looking, calling, hoping, praying...and now we're all coming into the lodge one by one, a little worn, but safe and sound! What a relief!

Tuesday, that's great about the magazine, congratulations, what wonderful exposure.

Carol, no more cake for us! I feel back on track today, I don't know what happened, I've been so totally in control the past 10 weeks or so, I really blew it. But the difference for me this time is that one day is not going to veer me completely off track, I don't feel all is lost.

Glad to see us all trailing in...

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:03am
post #20 of 2128

Hey, I'm back too. Thanks for the PM's you guys! Has anyone contacted Otter? Susan, ellantahalima sounds about right. As for Jodi, i really can't remember, but didn't she have numbers in her username, I think it might have been 798.

Your cakes look great, Tuesday. You've been very busy. How did the boys like them??? And congrats on your pic too!

It's great that you got some orders, Pootchi! I hope it leads to more for you!!

My weigh in wasn't so good. I was up by 2 lbs. I really have not eaten well the last month. Today, however, I was really self-controlled. Sundays are usually my worst day, because we have fellowship lunch at church, and it's my night off cooking, and we buy take away. But for both meals today, I made a real effort to not eat much, and I will be going to bed happy with myself! That will give me the incentive to continue, so hopefully this might be my turning point.

2sdae Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:46am
post #21 of 2128

Yay...another one back...congrats on all the efforts to put us all back together...now let's kick some fat cell booties this week ladies...... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

jimagination Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimagination Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:36pm
post #22 of 2128

I found you! WHew- that took a while. Well I weighed myself this week and am 3.5 pounds less. 131.5 to be exact.
I have been doing much better on eating. I have been eating cauliflower dipped in hummus and then grapes in Activia yogurt for dessert for lunch everyday. I know probably not good to eat the same thing everyday, but I am a creature of habit. Well then dinner has been my regular tofurkey sandwich. But its a start.

Pootchi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:05pm
post #23 of 2128

Hi ladies!
The feast was a hit! There was 2 big 200 lbs pig roasted over the fire, tons of chicken also roasted over the fire, potatoes and salad. I had made maple caramel cakes and the other lady made vanilla cake. Her icing was so hard, it looked she had made it several days ago... I saw people taking seconds and thirds of my cake but not from hers. When I left one entire cake of hers was still on the table, and nothing left from mine. It made me feel proud of me. I'm the one who's starting and she's the one with over 25 years of experience... People were stopping me to tell me how good were my donuts last week.. That's so great for the ego.
We had so much fun. There were also Fire works. They collected money all week from the workers, and other people that were on the picket line, and we had a very cool fireworks. A local guy here is a champion in fireworks. He won a lot prizes in different contests. So it was magical!
There was so many people on the site that at one time they annouced there was no more forks (they 1000 of them, and not even one left) So they had more than 1000 people on the site. That's huge for a little town of 7500 soul!

As far as exercising goes, I didn't do a lot. Except walking and going to my aqua aerobics. I rejoined for the next semester. I'm fitting in an old pair of jeans so that's great!

This afternoon I'm baking brownies with my 9 y-o ds. They have a bake sale with his class, to collect money for a trip they'll make at the end of the year. They'll go and visit a little village where they recreated a Native village from the 1600s so it completes their history class from this year.

Karate Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:06pm
post #24 of 2128

Good Morning everyone!!

Glad so many of us have made it over here!!!

Pootchie, hope you get that call soon. It isnt easy when you feel bad all the time. How has this affected your workouts? So glad your feast went well, and your cakes were a hit. How exciting for you and a great boost for your self confidence.

Way cool 2sdae on the publishing. I also dont get it. I will have to take a look at your cakes when done here.

Susan, what a great analogy. Funny that those of us that have found our new lodge are worried about the others that are still "lost"!

As for my work out and weigh in.

Well I gained another pound. However I am not upset. Since my two travel weeks I probably workout only 5 days so that would be 5 days in 3 weeks. I'm suprised that it wasnt more. I will again be leaving at the end of the month but at least this time only for 2 nights so shouldnt send me off kilter too much.

Well I didnt work out at all yesterday like I was determined to, but from about 7:30 until 1 I cleaned, went grocery shopping and generally picked up, so didnt sit down at all. Went to the baby shower and did quiet well with my eating, but that was because there wasnt much to eat. So when we got home DBF and I went to get some wings and saw a movie, had a date night.

Quote for the day:
Anything is possible, it's your choice whether or not you choose to make IT happen!!!

Challange for the day:
Find one new (at least new to you) strength move and post here for everyone to try.

Onward and upward (or for us downward) we go!!!

Karate Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:16pm
post #25 of 2128

Ok since it was my challange I should post the first one. Had to run and find it.

I got on the fitness magazine web site and signed up for their 4 week all over makeover workout. This is one from there that I have not heard of.

SERVING TRAY
Targets Shoulders and Upper Back

Stand tall with feet hip-width apart, abs engaged and chest lifted. Hold a light dumbell in each nad, arms close to sides.

Bend elbows 90 degrees with palms up (as if carrying a serving tray). Pressing shoulders down, bring elbows slightly forward, then rotate forearms to bring thumbs toward back of body.

Return to start. Do 10 reps.

springlakecake Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:56pm
post #26 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan123

I feel like we've all been in a huge blizzard, unable to find each other, searching, looking, calling, hoping, praying...and now we're all coming into the lodge one by one, a little worn, but safe and sound! What a relief!

Youre funny!

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 9:50am
post #27 of 2128

Hey, did anyone write the cheerleader's list in their journal?? Or anywhere else?? I was just relying on going back to the page it was on, and now that's gone!

springlakecake Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 11:59am
post #28 of 2128

Nope, sorry!! I have no clue.

Happy st. Patty's day everyone! Dont go crazy on the green beer today!

moreCakePlz Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 12:36pm
post #29 of 2128

Donât remember the full schedule, but my week was due to start on the 20th.

Carol

Pootchi Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 12:45pm
post #30 of 2128

Good morning ladies!

I forgot to Congrate you Tuesday! I can't wait to receive my mailbox news. I always receive it a few weeks later than everyone else, since I'm in Canada. WOOHOO!!

As far as my gall bladder problems go, let's just say that when I eat something that there's too much fat in it I KNOW IT! It helps me for my diet a little, but it's not comfortable. Even good fat is a bad fat for me. I even need to be careful when using olive oil. I can't eat nuts, excet almonds. No alcohol until my surgery is done. For my surgery, they're going to call on a Monday for the next week schedule. So if they call today, I'll get surgery next week on the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. So that's why I don't take orders too much in advance now.

Tomorrow the people here are going to meet with our Prime Minister, so we'll know if our problems are resolved or if we need to make another manifestation site. I hope everything will go well. If not, well, I still have some donut dough for one big batch of around 200 donuts for the workers icon_smile.gif I just hope I won't have to bake them, that'll mean that everything will return to normal!

I'll try to stay away form the candies today. I'm packaging candies for my dad, and sometimes when there's one or two left, it goes in my mouth... I'll try and save them for the kids! Otherwise it seems to go right into my bu**!

I'll go pack the candies and then, I'll go play outside with my big puppy! He's going to be 1 y-o on the 31st! This week I'll go at the vet with him just to have him weighed. I guess his weight between 100-120 pounds. He was 85 pounds at 5 months. I want to know because I want to feed him the right amount of food. Maybe I'm giving too much, or maybe too little! I don't know!

Have a great day ladies! I'll try to come back today, and if I get my call, I'll post it also!
Lorris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%