Loaf Cake

Decorating By grama_j Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 5:27pm by mkolmar

grama_j Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 10:36am
post #1 of 4

Yesterday I made a chocolate cake in Wilton's large loaf pan.... I torted it three times and filled each layer with whipped chocolate ganache. I then frosted it in chocolate ganache, and and covered it with a cornilla lace "table cloth" holding candles and a gumpaste roses centerpiece..... It served about 25-30 people. This was a gift for the birthday girl, but I don't have a CLUE how much to charge for it..... three people asked, and I said I would get back to them after the party....

3 replies
MikeRowesHunny Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:27am
post #2 of 4

Oooh sounds delicious! I think I'd charge about $75 just because of the flowers. I don't make cakes for under $50 any way and it served plenty of people!

grama_j Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 4

I was thinking around $50.00, so we would be fairly close...... I can't believe how many people asked me for the recipe..... I mean, it is really a compliment on one hand, but would they ask the owner of a resturant for their recipes ?

mkolmar Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 4

HA HA! Yes people would ask for recipes from the owner of a restaurant and they do! This happens a lot actually. Really agitating though. I just find that it's easier to be straight forward and say "I'm sorry I don't give them out."

Quote by @%username% on %date%