Dancing With The Stars

Lounge By veejaytx Updated 21 May 2008 , 3:11am by veejaytx

veejaytx Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 8:05am
post #1 of 66

DWTS is coming back on Monday the 17th. Yea!

Do you watch? What do you think of the new group of dancers?

Marlee Matlin
Penn Gillette
Mario
Adam Carolla
Cristián de la Fuente
Monica Seles
Steve Guttenberg
Jason Taylor
Shannon Elizabeth
Marissa Jaret Winokur
Kristi Yamaguchi
Priscilla Presley

Some of them I'm not at all familiar with, but I'm looking forward to this new season, previous ones have been a lot of fun to watch. Janice

65 replies
Ohara Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 10:32am
post #2 of 66

I love watching. I'm not sure of this group, but I can't wait to find out.

veejaytx Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 66

Tonight's The Night...really looking forward to the new show!

veejaytx Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 6:39am
post #4 of 66

The six guys danced tonight, the women dance tomorrow night, so I get another DWTS this week!

I thought all of the men were surprisingly good, but their scores from the judges weren't very high! I couldn't get online to vote, too many people ahead of me I guess.

My favorite last night was Steve Guttenberg, as the judges said, he was the only one who appeared to be enjoying himself. Mario looked as though he might be enjoying himself a little too much, IMHO. LOL

Ohara Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 10:46am
post #5 of 66

I was surprised at some of the men. To be honest I didn't expect Penn or Adam to be any good at all. Most of them seemed nervous( only normal) I thought Jason and Mario were good. I am looking forward to the women tonight!

veejaytx Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:02am
post #6 of 66

The women all surprised me somewhat, especially Priscilla Presley! Christi was very good, I do believe her skating experience is an asset even though she never actually danced before!

Monica Seles should be dancing with Penn, I think!

I already have a problem with the "Hairspray" lady, Marissa...she needs to calm down some IMHO. That continual smiley face gets to me!

It will be interesting to see who goes first!

Ohara Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:48pm
post #7 of 66

Yes, Priscilla really surprised me. She is in good physical shape. I also have to agree with you on Marissa. WOW...energy she has. She is so excited and happy. I am not sure who will go first. I can't wait till next Monday.

tracycakes Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 4:49pm
post #8 of 66

I was really impressed with Kristi and I thought Monica did a better job than what they gave her credit for. I thought that she definitely did a better job than Shannon did.

veejaytx Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:41pm
post #9 of 66

Shannon's performance was forgettable, I guess. I'd forgotten about her. My impression of her was she has great legs, but could have used a skirt!

Yes, I thought Monica's scores were pretty low, she actually did better than those numbers gave her credit for. My comment about her dancing with Penn was simply that their heights would be more compatible!

Honestly, I could watch the show every day!

SusieHazCakes Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:27pm
post #10 of 66

I thought Marlee's performance was amazing!

veejaytx Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 9:18am
post #11 of 66

Only four days to go!

I also thought that Adam Carolla said a bad word when he got his "critique" on Monday night. Lots of discussion about that going on.

Yes, Marlee's performance was amazing, for a hearing person it would have been good!

veejaytx Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 1:52pm
post #12 of 66

Hey, Hey, Hey, its Monday, we get two hours of dancing tonight. Who will be the first to leave?

My guess would be Adam Carolla (especially if he called Carrie Ann a b&^%$ as some people thought he did)
and
Shannon Elisabeth

Ohara Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:49am
post #13 of 66

I enjoyed the show last night. I really like Kristi's dancing.
Marlee's performance was amazing again. While we were watching her I hit the mute button, just to get a feel for dancing with out music. Very odd, hard to imagine how she does it so well!!
It will be interesting to see who is going home. Adam could go home and it would be just fine with me.

veejaytx Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 12:23pm
post #14 of 66

Everybody improved last night! I still think Adam will be the guy to leave, but will have to admit that Shannon Elizabeth did very well, much better, so maybe she will be staying after all!

My least favorite of the women is Marissa, to me she is just too much...everything! I'm sure if I were there, I'd be the opposite...too stiff!

Kristi is definitely way beyond the other ladies, she is so graceful, which has to be from the skating to some extent. I cannot imagine dancing without the music, so Marlee is absolutely amazing.

The voting is definitely fan-based, so I guess it will come down to who has the best (and most) fans! It should be very interesting. There must be tons of people voting, the website is a nightmare when you are trying to vote!

veejaytx Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:30pm
post #15 of 66

Well, Adam got to stay, but he'd better be worried, I think next week he will probably go! Of course, if he has lots of fans, maybe he will stay a while, but he is definitely not a dancer (IMHO)!

I was sorry to see Monica Seles go, she seemed to be really enjoying herself and improving!

Back into waiting mode! Janice

Iheartcake Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:22pm
post #16 of 66

Adam should be the next to go.. but remember Clyde Drexler (or whatever his name was), he stayed on looong after he should've. I think Adam being paired with Julianne will help keep him in longer.. she's just so darn likeable! As of right now, I'm rooting for Marlee. She dances very well.. and she's really quite funny. I really like her all around.

veejaytx Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 8:55am
post #17 of 66

Yeah, Adam has to be a real challenge to try to teach, he can't keep his mouth shut long enough to pay attention! Sometimes the fans keep them in longer than they really should stay!

Marlee is amazing, for sure. I don't know how in the world she dances so well, but she really does!

Looking forward to next week already!

lisad1 Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 11:55am
post #18 of 66

I think that it was definitely Penn and Monica's week to go. They were both too stiff. (have to say that it was pretty funny when Penn broke the ballet bar during rehearsals icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif )
I agree that Adam should go, but he'll go farther just because people will want to see Julianne. She really is cute and likeable!!
I have a hard time watching Priscilla, she looks like she's going to collapse after each dance routine. I'll take Marrissa's too peppy smile over Priscilla's anyday...she's had way too much done!!
Kristi should win this, if it was based on talent. But this show is based on fan favorites so it's anybodies game!

But what this season is missing most of all is MAXSIM!!! icon_cry.gif

veejaytx Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 8:38am
post #19 of 66

Wonder where Max is this time around?

Tonight's the night! Already anxious for the show to start.

Yes, I think Kristi may pretty much has it sewn up, she does a beautiful job of dancing, just like she did skating.

Priscilla used to be so pretty, somebody sure did a bad job on her face IMHO. I guess even with all the money in the world there are no guarantees on plastic surgery.

Which of the guys will be the best do you think? I like Steve Guttenberg, he seems to be so happy, but I don't think his dancing will keep him in the game for too long.

lisad1 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:27pm
post #20 of 66

Maxsim took this season off, he said it's because he wanted to be able to devote some more time on his dance studio... detective.gif I think he's just tired of coming in second, and if people miss him, it may work for him next season. The professional girls are pretty stiff competition!!

The guys are going to have a tough time this year. IMHO Mario and Cristian are probably the best male dancers, but I don't know if they have enough of a fan-base to carry them to the end.

tracycakes Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:37pm
post #21 of 66

I think it's between Kristi, Mario and Cristian also. I really hope that Kristi wins - she is spot on. I miss Max too.

veejaytx Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:36pm
post #22 of 66

I think the celebrity men always have a harder job because they not only have to learn the dances, they have to learn to lead, at least to some extent. Not an easy thing to do.

I think Mario is the best dancer so far, but as you said, his fan base may not be strong enough to win.

I'll be right in front of my TV tonight!

veejaytx Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 8:35am
post #23 of 66

I almost need to ask what happened last night, I didn't really get to watch like I usually do! A former neighbor stopped by to visit, and even though I had DWTS on, it wasn't like I could just ignore my guest!

Will definitely have to watch tonight for the "reruns" and results!

I didn't recognize Julianne right away, she definitely looks best as a blonde!

Did anybody else notice that Priscilla looked a lot better in almost no makeup than she did with all that stage makeup on? Maybe it is all that red lipstick and heavy rouge that is making her cheeks look out of proportion.

lisad1 Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 12:23pm
post #24 of 66

If you ask me, I think the judges were a little off last night....
Marlee was very good, it hard to believe she can't hear, she has very good rythm! But they gave her 7's across the board.

Bruno had me laughing. Christian danced really well, Bruno gave him a 9, and Christian blew him a big kiss. Then Bruno said to the other judges that he was just outed. icon_eek.gif Big shocker there !! princess.gif

They were hard on Mario, and Marissa (she was an inch from tears..but you got to love her partner - Tony's a good guy and stuck up for her!!). king.gif

Still don't know why they love Pricilla so much...They must be huge Elvis fans!

And Kristi was good again tonight, but I don't understand all the weird faces her partner was making during the performance. It was a tango, they are supposed to show aggression, but all he kept doing was popping his mouth open (reminded me of a goldfish). Very strange! Even stranger was not one judge mentioned it as distracting.

veejaytx Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm
post #25 of 66

I have to laugh about the fish look too, I kept thinking he looked literally like a "fish out of water" and gasping for air. I agree, you'd think somebody would have mentioned that, it was totally distracting!

Yes, I noticed, the judges were really weird with their marks and comments!

Well, I'll just have to watch tonight and hope it all comes out all right!

veejaytx Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:20am
post #26 of 66

Another week, another DWTS show last night. Seems like everyone is improving! Shannon Elizabeth may be the dark horse in this race, she sure looked good last night!

I wish Adam could stop being such a "goof" and also stop insulting people. I think maybe he will be leaving tonight, we can only hope!

Jason sure does look good, and his dancing is definitely getting better, maybe he can win this one!

Priscilla's makeup looked a lot better last night. They didn't have her painted up like a doll!

Well, we will see who makes it through tonight.

veejaytx Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:43am
post #27 of 66

Well, Adam is gone, and it appears that Priscilla may be next, since she and Louie were the next lowest pair!

Weren't the little kids great? I liked the pair that didn't get to come back (the younger ones) but then what do I know, they were all excellent.

The countdown starts again, sign, another week to go!

Ohara Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:57pm
post #28 of 66

I am SO glad Adam is gone. And I can only hope that Priscilla is next. Good show last night.

veejaytx Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:13am
post #29 of 66

I'm glad Adam is gone too. His humor may work well in some places, but was a little too much for the DWTS show.

Looking forward to next week already!

Ohara Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:24am
post #30 of 66

I missed the show Tuesday and don't know who was voted off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%