Help Give Free Mammograms

Lounge By veejaytx Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 4:16pm by veejaytx

lildeby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildeby Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 11:44am
post #1381 of 1417

Hello Ladies!!!
Endoscopy went fine but there were a few polyps in the colonoscopy they cut out. One was so large it was almost obstructing my colon! They are doing some biopsies and I will get the results in a few weeks. I am sure it will all be ok. Amber is doing fine we are going to get our swine flu shots today.
My uncle has swine flu... diagnosed yesterday. There are abot 9 small children always in and out of his house so that is NOT good! If thier parents have any sense they will take them to get the shot at the clinic today. I know the mom of 4 of those childeren wont. sHE IS SELFISH AND IF IT TAKES TIME OUT OF HER DAY SHE WONT DO IT. Almost as if her kids get swine flu that will get her more attention from the family...very aggervating!
Clicks done have a good day!!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 11:42pm
post #1382 of 1417

Hi clicks are done!

DS and I went to see my mother on Sunday, took some pictures and wanted to show them to you. My mother is really crazy about Keith!
LL
LL
LL

veejaytx Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 7:38pm
post #1383 of 1417

Not sure what happened to the pics to cause the double posts.

It is Sunday, my clicks are done. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 10:02pm
post #1384 of 1417

Janice I love the pictures. Thank you for posting them.
Just got home last night. Was away for the week. Had a great time away.
Looking forward to watching the Extreme Home makeover tonight.

lildeby Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:50pm
post #1385 of 1417

Jen Home makeover was sooo good! I am so excited for your nephews family.. the house was beautiful but even more so was salt and light! It was amazing!! I can't believe all the food the got! My step son watched it with me and he said man it makes you want to go out and do something good!LOL I have started giving out food at the pantry at the church but we are badly in need of more donations, seems the number of people in the community that need help has doubled!
Jan the pictures are great! Thanks for posting them here, I would have never seen them on face book it is so slow!
Results of colonoscopy tomarrow!Will let you know!!
Clicks done!!! Ladies have a good day!!

veejaytx Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:45pm
post #1386 of 1417

The Home Makeover was really good, they got such a beautiful home, and the work that was done on Salt and Light was amazing! What a wonderful deal for your nephew's family and for other people needing help!

Thanks Deby, I really am proud of my mother and my son, had to show them off a little. My other son will be here for Thanksgiving, looking forward to that!

Glad to know you two are okay. Clicks are done. Hope they meet their goal, but it is going slowly. Jan

lildeby Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:07pm
post #1387 of 1417

Clicks done! I hope they meet the goal! Seems facebook has taken alot of our time away from here but hopefully we won't lose touch or site of the reason we all came together to start with!!Anyone heard from kly latley? I haven't even seen her on facebook! Dr appt today to get biopsy results.
Ladies have a good day!

Ohara Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 10:53pm
post #1388 of 1417

I'm glad you both enjoyed the show. I really did also. We dvr'd it so I will watch it over.

Deby, glad to hear that you don't have to go back for a year.

Both babies, DH and I are all sick. I think just colds...not the flu. I am hoping that the baby is a little better tomorrow. The older one is not quite as congested. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Our 13 yr old is not sick....yet. I am hoping that she won't get it.

Still clicking. Hope you all are well.

veejaytx Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:15am
post #1389 of 1417

Ohara, so sorry to hear that you are all sick, it is awful when everyone gets something at the same time. Hope you all will be feeling better soon and that your daughter doesn't get sick too!

Hope your colonoscopy report was good Deby and you are feeling better too.

No, haven't seen K'ly, I sent her a note on Farm Town a couple of days ago and didn't get a reply. With Halloween, she is probably very busy at work.

It has finally stopped raining here, and they say we will have sunshine for a few days...sure hope so, everything is totally soggy. Maybe my sinus headache will even go away, it just stops and then starts every time the weather changes, which is frequently these days.

Wish everyone well, and hope you can have a good Halloween weekend. Jan

Ohara Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:22am
post #1390 of 1417

Good Monday morning ladies. I hope you had a great weekend. I hope we are on the way to all being better. I am feel better....I think. You know the momma never gets to be sick. I am exhausted. Last night was the first night in a week that the baby slept through the night since getting sick. I know that he is so stuffy that he is having a hard time staying a sleep. DH has it now.....but DD hasn't gotten sick, and I'm thankful for that.
I hope you all are well. Clicking done.

lildeby Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:26pm
post #1391 of 1417

HELLO LADIES!!! Things are going ok here I finally got a check from the workers comp people but they wont pay for my prescriptions ect now! URRRGGG!!!!!!!!!!! I did get colonoscopy report... there were several polyps they cut out.. one came back pre-cancerous but it is gone so they said just make sure I get regular checkups ect....
Jen sorry to hear your family has been sick! Hope you are all feeling better soon. I am glad it is just a cold though;swine flu scares me to death! I worry about Amber alot because of her asthma but I did get her the shot.
I guess I will get it when they are done with at risk patients.
Jan I hate the rain especially when it is cold outside!!It rains about every 2 days here. My dogs are freezing because they are wet and cold. I wish I had a basement they could go into.
Ladies ahve a good day!! CLICKS DONE!!!!!

veejaytx Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:47pm
post #1392 of 1417

We've had several very welcome days of sunshine here, actually feels like Fall!

Sorry so many have been sick, and wishing all of you a quick and complete recovery. A cold is so miserable but we are expected to keep going anyway!

I'm feeling pretty good, but the anti-depressant I'm taking is making my memory bad, and is giving me really weird dreams. The bad memory helps me not to remember the dreams too often though. lol

Still clicking every day, in between tending my farms. Feel better all of you!

Ohara Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 10:45am
post #1393 of 1417

Hello ladies.
I hope you are well.

Janice sorry to hear about the memory and bad dreams. Maybe that side effect will pass? At least you have something to blame the memory loss on....I just seem to forget stuff. icon_wink.gif Truly I hope it passes for you. Do you feel like the antidepressant is working? Glad to hear that you have had a couple of nice weather days.

lildeby I'm sorry to hear that you are still struggling with workman's comp! What a pain in the tapedshut.gif . I hope all are well at your house.

We are all on the mend I hope. I took the 8 month old to the doctor yesterday. He has a sinus infection. So we started him on medicine yesterday. Poor little guy. Hopefully he'll feel much better soon.
We have had a couple of sunny and warmer, for this time of year, days. Warmer being low 50's. We were at 30 yesterday morning. Winter is coming and I DON'T like it....not one little bit!
I hope you have a great day.

veejaytx Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:36pm
post #1394 of 1417

Here it is the 11th of Nov. I am so not ready for the holidays!
Hope everybody is feeling better by now, and doing well.
I've been clicking, in between tending farms. lol

I don't think I like winter much, even they are usually fairly mild here, but then I don't like summer much either. I like it the way it is now, beautiful, comfortably cool, the only problem is we only get a few days like this each year.

Everyone take care.

lildeby Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:13pm
post #1395 of 1417

Hello Ladies!!! Today I go for ultrasound of kidney. We still haven't figured out what is making me sick all of the time! It is getting so I can't stand the site or smell of food! Not good with Thanksgiving coming but on the other hand I am losing weight!!! I have lost almost 30 lbs now !! I am going to win this biggest loser challenge with my family-I am determined!!
Glad to hear everyone is on the mend Ohara.
Jan memory loss can be a serious and permanent side effect. Have youu talked to your DR about it or do you remember? LOL. No seriously if there is another antidepressant he can put you on maybe you should explore that option. I have memory loss due to my seizure medicine but there is no alternative. I have taken every other med and it comes down to memory loss or seizures for me.I know it can be aggervating to forget things like that.
Looking forward to the holidays this year!! My DS and grandson are coming for thanksgiving! It will be the first time we are all together in years! Usually we are missing a kid or two.
Ladioes have a good day!!! CLICK!!!!!!

veejaytx Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:58pm
post #1396 of 1417

My goodness, we have a lot of gaps in here don't we. I'm still clicking each day, hope you are too!

I weaned myself off of the anti-depressants and think I feel better without them, but the home nurse doesn't really agree with me.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, my DS and DIL came in from Florida, so that made most of our family together. Mother enjoyed her birthday, even the pathetic looking cake I made for her, but mostly loved having the family with her. Florida family brought their exchange student with them, a really lovely teenager from Columbia, and we enjoyed her too. Adding cake photo here, not posting it to CC, LOL.

I'm so not in the mood for Christmas, all of us are having to cut back and be so careful, it takes a lot of the excitement out of it. Also, we have no little kids around to make plans for. Brian and Mary are getting a new grandson on the 11th, exciting for them in Florida. His big brother's name is Caleb, this new little one will be Jacob.

Like I said my cake is pitiful, but it is the first I'd made in two years. It must be true "if you don't use it, you lose it." Please excuse my writing and the smears, I kept sticking my fingers where they shouldn't be!

Have a good week. Love to you all. Jan

Hope you are doing ok, Deby, and feel better real soon.
LL

Ohara Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 11:29am
post #1397 of 1417

Jan I think the cake looks better than you are giving yourself credit for. Did your mother enjoy it? I enjoyed the family pictures you posted on face book. I'm sure it was great having both of your boys home. Your mother looked like she was having a great time.

I have part of the Christmas decorations up. I may get the rest finished today. Well the rest .....not including the tree. Our tree is 9' and I will put over 1000 lights on it. Every year I try to put less.....but that's not really working out for me. The tree is a day project in it's self. I wish it were done. I love Christmas decorations. That may be the hardest part of not having extra money this year....not buying decorations. Not that I need them, I just really enjoy them.

Deby I hope all is well with you.

Anyone heard from Kly? Since she moved I'm not sure we've heard from her. I hope all is well in her part of the world.

Have a great day friends.

Still clicking.

veejaytx Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 5:12pm
post #1398 of 1417

Still clicking.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:14pm
post #1399 of 1417

I'm still clicking, sorry I haven't checked in in a very very long time.
Glad your mom had a great birthday Jan.

veejaytx Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 10:26am
post #1400 of 1417

Glad to see you mkolmar! Not much posting lately, but we are all still clicking every day!

Hope everyone is keeping dry and warm!

Ohara Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 9:41pm
post #1401 of 1417

Well, I have been missing for a while because I had to go out of the state last week. I got a phone call last Thursday in the morning that my dad was going to have emergency open heart surgery. My sister called to tell me. What a shock. My dad is in great shape. He's 73. He was having a weird pressure feeling on his chest and went to the doctor. They scheduled him for a stress test the next day....only he didn't want to worry us so no one knew. After the stress test they told him to come back the next day, Thursday, for either another test or possibly a procedure. When he arrived Thursday morning, they told him he had to go in for emergency open heart in 2 hours. icon_eek.gif
We live 5 hours away. My sister called later and said that the surgery before him was taking longer than expected. We arrived right after he came out of surgery. He had a triple bypass. His main artery was 90%blocked in two different places. The doctor said that his heart is young and healthy except for the places they repaired. He had a really rough day on Saturday. On Sunday he was doing much better. Once he started doing better he just started to recover at amazing speed. He came home on Tuesday afternoon.

I hope you are all well and warm!

Click

veejaytx Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 3:07pm
post #1402 of 1417

How scary that is, Ohara, but the outcome sounds wonderful! I'm so glad that your dad is doing well after the heart surgery! Just another story to prove we just never know what the next day will bring us.

Lots of clicking here while playing games on Facebook, but I always still click on the Breast Cancer Site, usually before I go to FB.

Christmas is getting close, and I haven't decorated, nor done any real shopping...and probably won't do a lot of either. Hope you all will post some pics of your trees and decorations so I can see them. Have a merry week or two before the holiday. Jan

ps I know that sounds like a pity party, guess it is...my DS here is going to Austin to his dad's for Christmas, and that leaves you know who "home alone."

Ohara Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 11:14am
post #1403 of 1417

Jan I'm sorry that you will be home alone for Christmas. Will you get a chance to see your mother or brother over the holidays? I hope so.

My dad is doing ok. He has had a few set backs and I am worried about him. I get to talk to him each day....just not the same as being there.
We are going back to Illinois the day after Christmas. I don't know if we will stay the whole week or just part of it.
It's hard to travel with the babies and our autistic daughter. I think we will take it one day at a time.

I will try to take pictures and post them. I'm not very good at the posting part.

I really want to do more holiday baking, but I don't want the goodies in the house because then I eat them! I have 10 more pounds that I want to lose....and don't want it to be 15 after the holidays. LOL

Still clicking

Ohara Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 11:44am
post #1404 of 1417

I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope you are all well. (((((HUGS))))),

veejaytx Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 9:40pm
post #1405 of 1417

Hi, and belated Merry Christmas!
An enthusiastic Happy New Year!

Things have been quiet here, but I did get to visit with DB, his family and my mother on Saturday after Christmas...we had a great time! We have had some really cold wet/snowy weather, sort of slowed everybody down for Christmas, but it sure was pretty to have snow on Christmas Day!

I've had a cold for a week, and it just won't go away, but I just go crawl back into bed when it bothers me too much, one of the perks of living alone. LOL

Hope you all are having a festive New Year's Eve (I have some wine and popcorn) and will watch the New Year arrive in style! Happy New Year to all of you, my friends on CC.

veejaytx Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:20pm
post #1406 of 1417

Hey ya'll, we are 12 days into the new year, how about posting a note to say how things are going!

Still cold here, at least for Texas! We've been below freezing for most of the week, very unusual, and miserable.

We are all proud of the Cowboys, hope they can finish this years schedule and maybe go to the SuperBowl!

The family is doing well, thank goodness. Hope all of yours are doing well too.
Miss hearing from you all. Jan

Ohara Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 11:12am
post #1407 of 1417

Jan I have been thinking of you wondering how you are. Glad to see that you are doing well.
It's cold here also. However we are north and should be cold, unlike you! We are expecting warmer weather for the next few days. Some of this snow should melt. I am hoping the forecast is correct.
The family is well. We are having some issues with our daughter that is autistic. Hopefully just a little bump in the road.
Both babies are well. I am working on potty training the 2yr old. He is dong pretty well.
My DH is still unemployed. We wait on God to see what his plan is. That is much easier to say some days than to live. The good news is we are still holding on strong!

I am still clicking. Keep in touch.

Debi I hope you are well. Anyone hear from Kly?

veejaytx Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 10:22am
post #1408 of 1417

Hi, just checking in. Clicking every day, in between farming on FaceBook! Deby posts on FB, in the farming area, as does K'ly occasionally. Both seem to be okay, although Deby did have a death in the family recently.

Getting a little warmer here, thank goodness. I'm sure everyone all over the country is ready for warmer, dryer weather.

Glad to hear from you Ohara, and that the boys are doing well. Hopefully things will straighten out with your daughter soon. Take care!

veejaytx Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 12:18pm
post #1409 of 1417

Still clicking!

Hope you all are having a good weekend. We are finally warmed up here, and having some good weather, some not so good (a little rain for three days, just made it gloomy) but much better than below freezing!

Not any news, and I think that is good, since most of it is bad when I do have some!
Hope you are all doing okay, thawing out and busy. Love to you all, Jan

Ohara Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 12:11am
post #1410 of 1417

Still clicking also.

The weather is warmer here than it was. Today we got up to 40. The snow is melting. It did rain all today.

Not much exciting here. Just busy with the usual daily grind. No school tomorrow for MLK day, then we won't have school on Friday for a teacher in service day.

Changes coming with the babies soon....at least that's what I'm being told by our case worker. They are supposed to be going to live with their grandmother in the near future...weeks. I am skeptical....the case worker we have this time isn't good with communicating. So only time will tell.

((((((HUGS))))) Jennifer

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%