Biggest Loser Club Anyone

Lounge By tirby Updated 17 Mar 2008 , 3:28pm by TexasSugar

tirby Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 5:05pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so no I'm not over weight by but 10 lbs at the most. (It was a lot more 10 yrs ago) but I am getting the turning 40's spread...And my hubbie is too. So we were wanting to check into the biggest loser club for tips recipies ect. One of my biggest problems is knowing how much to eat. I have had Dr. say 1200 is plenty if your eating healthy...And I do but I have heard and read people saying NO 2000 is needed. If I ate 2000 cals a day I wouldnt be able to get out of my house! So I was wondering if any one else has joined the BLC. Curious about what info is available and would the site help more than the book?(which I have)

2 replies
butternut Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:47pm
post #2 of 3

I too wanted to join the Biggest Loser Club. However, I wrote to them and told them that I was pre-diabetic and would it be alright to join their club. I got a reply and was told that because I was pre diabetic, it would not be in my best interest to join their club. icon_cry.gif I guess their meal suggestions are not geared to include these type of conditions. I was told the same thing by Weight Watchers. I was really disappointed. So, I'm on my own and for the most part doing pretty well.

TexasSugar Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 3

I don't know about the BLC, so I can't comment on any of that. But there are any other sites out there that are geared to helping you find healthy recipes and to help lose weight. KraftFoods.com has a healthy eating section. As well as the BestLifeDiet.com (though this is a pay site.)

I really wanted to comment on the calories thing. Your body needs atleast 1200 calories a day or it thinks you are starving it and it won't let you burn any fat and holds on to the calories you eat. So that is the min number of calories. How many you really need to eat depends on how much exercise you get. The more you exercise the more fuel you need to keep your body going. If you do not do any exercise of very little you want to say closer to the lower group. From what I remember 2000 and 2500 are for those that are really into working out and do alot of it each day.

The Best Life Diet Book has a chart that helps you figure out what exercise group you are in and how many calories that group gets. I'd guess that information is on their site as well, but I haven't looked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%