Curling Wire Into A Curley-Q For A Cake......

Decorating By abed Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 2:37pm by luelue1971

abed Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to know how to curl wire in to a curley-Q design to put on top of a cake, any special equipment for that? thanks.

4 replies
MissLady85 Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 5

I wrap mine around a pen or a dowel rod... just find something that is as wide as you want the curls and wrap it around!!

kakeladi Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 5

Yep what she ^^^ saidicon_smile.gif Just wrap it around anything round - like a pencil, or any kind of rod depending on the look you want.

trixieleigh Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 5

I have been wondering how you "anchor" them in your cake. Would you stick them in a straw inside the cake?

luelue1971 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 5

I also wind mine around a dowel rod and then put some fondant in a straw then insert the wire and put down in the cake. I've only made them once but it worked out well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%