Question About Nfsc

Baking By Wandootie Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 3:39am by Linliv46

Wandootie Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 8

I have cut out and frozen 130 NFSC for a wedding next month on the 19th. I was wondering if I bake them, decorate with antonia's RI and bag them in the cellophane bags, will they still be fresh until then?

Also, can I bake the frozen cookies right from the freezer?

Any help will be appreciated!

7 replies
Wandootie Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 8

cookiemookie Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:25am
post #3 of 8

I bake my cookies frozen on purpose all the time. It helps with keeping nice sharp edges for decorating.

You didn't mention when you were going to bake them. Mine according to my DH(offical taste tester) says they taste great for about 3 weeks. I seal my cello (crispy kind)bags with my foodsaver.

I have also frozen my bagged decorated cookies in the freezer. I just make sure they are on a safe shelf where nothing will crush them.
I then let them thaw a day before I need them. I put them in a container and just forget about them. They have been fine.

Hope this helps a little. icon_biggrin.gif

sicookie Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:37am
post #4 of 8

I had this same quesiton myself. I took a decorated cookie (nfsc with RI) wrapped it in foil then into a baggie and into the freezer for about 2 weeks. Just removed from the freezer today and let defrost, wrapped, on the counter for a couple of hours. It was EXACTLY the same as when I froze it.

aliciaL_77 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:02am
post #5 of 8

I was thinking the same thing.. I have 150 to do and am using and edible image for the writing... will it run do you think?

sicookie Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:04am
post #6 of 8

I'm sorry, I don't know, I've never used edible image. You best bet, if you have time, is to do a test run before you do the big order

aliciaL_77 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:08am
post #7 of 8

I have never used them before , so I probably will Thanks!

Linliv46 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:39am
post #8 of 8

I have frozen the completely decorated cookies for several weeks. I just make sure that they are completely dry before you wrap or bag then put them on a tray or cookie sheet and double wrap with plastic wrap. I have also frozen the edible image cookies and they do fine also. Just make sure they are dry before you freeze. I have some edible image Easter cookies in the freezer now and I am taking them out Mon morning to mail to Tx. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%