Whimsical Cake Repost

Decorating By pjaycakes Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 2:29pm by MacsMom

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 4

What is with the "No posts exist" thing.

Oh well, I was wondering how people suggest that the customers cut whimsical cakes? Isn't it difficult for them to get the layer out of the hole?

I have never made one (yet). But when I do I would love to know what to tell people.

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 4

I've made a couple and didn't really tell them ANYTHING.......and they never said they had any issues cutting them.....I don't put mine very far down into a hole though....I only dig in maybe 3/4 of an inch so the top tier is only about 1/2 inch down in and I think they just cut the top tier and when that was gone they pull out the cake board and start cutting the bottom tier.

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 4

I don't cut out a hole anymore. I bought one of Lindy Smith's books and she just stacks them normally; ever since I tried it I've been in love. No more stress about cutting the hole, no more issues with the wall of cake surrounding the hole cracking or sliding.

I just use a little piping gel to glue each tier in place (not too much so it's still easy to take apart and slice) and pound a dowel through the entire stacked cake and into the cake board. I actually forgot to glue the tiers on my last one (the pink DJ cake in my photos) and it was still fine.

I no longer stress about topsy cake orders!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%