Is There A Thread About Getting Together To Start A Business

Business By lentula Updated 12 Jul 2008 , 8:24pm by lizamlin

lentula Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 11:44am
post #1 of 7

Can any regular forum readers tell me if there're any threads about cakecentrallers getting together to make a business?

I'm thinking that quite a few of us want to do this for a living, and sometimes we get opportunities, but often the costs are just too high to go it alone.

Of course this may have been suggested a hundred times previously (and if so, I'm sorry for raising it again), but if not, maybe someone who's better as phrasing these things could start a thread trying to connect people?

Just an idea icon_smile.gif

P.s. if anyone in Jersey CI is reading this, and is interested in discussing more - please get in touch icon_wink.gif

6 replies
smbegg Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:31am
post #2 of 7

I am not sure, but it would be great! I would love to find someone in my area to share a rental space or someone that needs help with their business. I know that I cannot go it alone though.

kansaswolf Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:25am
post #3 of 7

I agree! With two little ones and one on the way, I can't in good conscience try and start a whole bakery-type business by myself! (Luckily, Iowa is good to us home bakers) I'd be really interested in starting up a business where I wouldn't be the sole person in charge of EVERYTHING...

(By the by, I'm not bashing those of you moms who work, you do what you gotta do, and love on those babies when you're home! thumbs_up.gif )

hallfamily727 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:41am
post #4 of 7

I'm in Iowa, too. I'd be interested in finding someone as a partner of sorts

sarahpierce Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:52am
post #5 of 7

Excellent idea! Anyone in southern Wisconsin??? icon_biggrin.gif

J-me Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 7

That's a great idea! I wouldn't object to it a bit. icon_smile.gif

lizamlin Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 8:24pm
post #7 of 7

sarahpierce - I pmd you...