Bridal Show Cake Samples

Decorating By mariavictoria Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 8:19am by mariavictoria

mariavictoria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariavictoria Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 9:59am
post #1 of 5

I am participating in a bridal show this weekend. I noted from various forum of the same subject that it is highly recommended to hand out cake samples to prospective brides. The place where the show will be held at doesn't have a place to store under refrigeration my cake samples. I am concerned about food safety issue. The show will run from 10am to 5pm. Appreciate any advice anyone can give....Thank you.

4 replies
Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 10:31am
post #2 of 5

I have never participated in a Bridal Show, but I would think that letting a cake sit out for 7 hours would be fine. Just be sure not to use any fillings that need to be refrigerated. If there are samples you want to give out that need a cooler, maybe bring a large cooler, fill it up and put it under your table? But if there is nothing available at the venue, then at least all the other vendors will be in the same boat as you are.

Good luck!
<S>

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 5

starkie is right. dont' use fillings that need refrigeration and you'll be fine. I handed out just little less-than-1" squares of white cake with a dollop of white icing on top.

mezzaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mezzaluna Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:31am
post #4 of 5

Check with the health department first to see if it's legal to give food samples at the bridal show.

I used dressing cups. Lined them all up on the counter, a square of cake and a squirt of filling (I used dark chocolate cake and passionfruit filling), on with the lid.

I also had small ice cream tasting spoons in case the couples wanted to eat the samples right there. Trash can and trash bag, too.

mariavictoria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariavictoria Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:19am
post #5 of 5

Thank you ladies, I guess I need to check with our local public health if it is OK to pass out samples at the show....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%