Need Help With Powerpuff Girls "bubbles" Cake...

Decorating By TiffTurtle Updated 6 Jan 2007 , 7:45am by dreamcatcher3287

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 4:55am
post #1 of 4

I have an order for a 1/2 sheet cake birthday cake with "Bubbles" one of the powerpuff girls...i cant seems to find any good pics on the internet of this cartoon char. sooo, i was wondering if maybe any of you have any suggestions of where to go looking or if anyone might have done a cake like this before. any help would be great!

Thanks! Tiff

3 replies
dreamcatcher3287 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcatcher3287 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 7:23am
post #2 of 4

I did Buttercup a few years ago for my daughter when she loved the Powerpuff girls. I did a "cut-out" of a small picture I found of her. My best suggestion is to use a clear picture that you can find that someone has - ie tag from toy, book, etc. take it to your local copy shop and blow it up in proportion to the size you want. Most local print shops/kinkos will have ratio wheels that can be used.

After I blow the picture to the size I want I make several copies and use them as a type of stencil for the outline of the cake with a small paint brush and food coloring. yes, cheaters way I know, but we can't erase cakes!! Then once I get the basic outline, I can then free hand, or continue to use the stencil by cutting away the outer pieces working in.

Not the best picture - but before I had a digital camera is an example of Buttercup and the picture size I started with.
LL

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 7:43am
post #3 of 4

Thanks bunches. i never thought about blowing up a picture ..duh...will the do that for me though? i mean arent they copyrighted?

dreamcatcher3287 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcatcher3287 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 7:45am
post #4 of 4

Yes, they will do that for you. I have never had a problem with having it done. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%