Needs To Dry By Tomorrow...help!

Decorating By sweetlybaked Updated 6 Jan 2007 , 10:06pm by SheilaF

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:02am
post #1 of 11

Okay, I didn't realize how screwed I might possibly be. icon_redface.gif I needed to do a colorflow design and have it dry BY TOMORROW. Exactly 24 hours from now...is there any way to speed up the drying process? I know it says use a heat lamp, but the only kind of lamps I have are regular ones. That's not what it means, right? Anyway, should I just attempt a FBCT instead? icon_cry.gif I need help!!!! icon_cry.gif TIA.

Mollie

10 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:10am
post #2 of 11

Ive put mine ontop of the heat register before as long as it doesn't blow it too hard.

sweetlybaked Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:15am
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Ive put mine ontop of the heat register before as long as it doesn't blow it too hard.

What is a heat register icon_rolleyes.gif A vent? If so, mine are all up on the wall. Does anyone know if I just used RI in the same fashion if it'd dry quicker?

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:16am
post #4 of 11

When I had the time constraint I switched to royal icing and thinned it. Let it dry and then once they were dry enough I flipped them over to dry the other side. It still took a while to get them to the point of flipping, but it was quicker than color flow is for me.

Good Luck

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:19am
post #5 of 11

Do you have a food dehydrator?

I used one on a colorflow piece a few months ago and it was dry within 12 hours.

sweetlybaked Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:23am
post #6 of 11

Nope, no food dehydrator here. I think I'll do the RI. Any drawbacks to this way?

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:31am
post #7 of 11

Turn your oven onto the lowest setting, once it reaches temperature turn it off. Put your colorflow in the oven with the light on. It helps cut down the drying time a lot.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 2:43am
post #8 of 11

I put mine in the oven with just the light on. It should dry over night with out a problem. Just make sure you put a note on the knobs so you or no one else turns the oven on while they are in there. icon_smile.gif

grgapch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grgapch Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 4:31am
post #9 of 11

Yep, I put mine in the oven with the light on as well. Works like a charm. I also do this with fondant and gumpaste pieces that I am drying.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 10:01pm
post #10 of 11

Yes..I guess a vent.Here in Canada the vents are on the floor in a house so I lay my stuff on top and it dries quicker.

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 10:06pm
post #11 of 11

I use the oven light too. Dries things fairly quickly. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%