Flexibility And Fondant

Decorating By laurynrn

laurynrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurynrn Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 2:46am
post #1 of 1

Ok, so I have just about written off fondant. I have made MMF and Michele's, both disasters! I was in tears last night trying to cover a tiered cake with fondant. I had better luck with Wilton's except it tastes like...well you know.
So, After letting Michele Fosters fondant sit for 24 hours it is much easier to roll however, I don't find that it is very flexible. It seems to break easily and has no stretch. So maybe I did something wrong? Is there something I can add or increase to make it more flexible?
I am going to invest in some Satin Ice this week. From what I see on Ace of Cakes their fondant looks like it has stretch and I know he uses Satin Ice. I mean, I don't want a miracle and have consistency like bubble gum, but I want to be able to cover my cakes without it tearing all over.
p.s. I have tried shortening, oh and gum tex on a whim. You will have to forgive my fondant ignorance because I am so new to this but I see all these beautiful cakes and all I want is to find a fondant that rolls out nice and goes on easy, is that too much to ask, icon_lol.gif ?

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%