Help! Molding Fondant!

Decorating By ethansmommy0407 Updated 24 Feb 2008 , 1:21am by MacsMom

ethansmommy0407 Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 12:52am
post #1 of 4

I need help im making the cake below for my son's first birthday with some changes of course. but i need help on how to mold the fondant into the turtles head and how to stabilize it on the cake. Please help. If anyone has step by step instructions that would be great or any kind of instructions would be awesome Thanks Jenn icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
wgoat5 Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 4

you could do the head in a cupcake except cut the top of the muffin in half making a half moon on top...then the neck could be made out of RKT's supporting the head...Voila!!! icon_smile.gif

Oh you cover the rice krispies with the fondant...I myself would cover them with a LIGHT coating of butter cream then adhere the fondant....let the RKT dry in the posistion you want it to be in then run a skewer in through the side that won't be seen as to help adhere it to the body of the same with the head

Hope I made this clear..

cupcakers Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 1:07am
post #3 of 4

The turtles head looks pretty large you might want to mold rice crispy treats then cover in fondant so you don't have such a heavy head like you would with fondant then use skewers or dowels in the back to stick straight into the turtles body to attach.Good luck post a picture when you are done thumbs_up.gif

MacsMom Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 1:21am
post #4 of 4

That is so cute! Where did the photo come from?

Ditto on the advice. I learned on CC to crush the rice Krispies first so they will cover more smoothly. And yes, I learned the hard way that you should let it dry in the shape you want first--and THEN cover in fondant and pop in the stick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%