Maybe A Total Disaster Averted .....or A Total Disaster Late

Decorating By prettysweet

prettysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettysweet Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 12:05am
post #1 of 1

Oh boy!!! What a mess! I made a cake for an in-laws" baby shower for tomorrow. I saw the idea here on C.C. but I didn't think I could do justise to the cute design but I tried. The baby bassinette design is the one I was hoping to achieve. I was almost finished and pleased with my job when I noticed the top section (the 9in cake cut in half to make the arched top) separating from the rest and about to break off the base as well. I grabbed 2 round cake boards with the white facing out on each side, cut off one side to make a flat edge and placed it against the top and wedged my decorating box against it tom hold it in place.
What to do now???? It looked like a headboard behind it but I couldn't make it stay in place without the box. My brother came to the rescue by designing 3 heavy metal clips that slid over the heavy covered baseboard and pressed against the supporting board. Then I covered the back of the board with the same pretty pink paisley as the baseboard, glued ruffled pink lace along the arch and if it's still together tomorrow I'll stud the front with the same pink and white daisies decorating the cake. It's not perfect but it's kind of cute. I only hope and pray it will survive the night in the refrig and the trip there. I may just cry when I open the door tomorrow. I'll post a picture if it's in one piece tomorrow. I just don't have time, all the ingredients, or the energy to start on a new design at this late stage.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%