About My Couch...

Decorating By Starkie Updated 24 Feb 2008 , 2:31am by chefcindy

Starkie Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 5

Since Cake Central houses some of the most intelligent women in the country, I thought I would pose my question here...

The whole house has been sick all week with the flu. Fevers, sneezing, coughing, etc., from my husband on down to the 4-year-old.

Well, the 4-year-old has stayed on the couch for the past 2 days, since she has had a fever and such and needed to be babied. Well, she is feeling better today, but after she removed herself from the couch, lo and behold we find that she has apparently peed on the thing at least once, maybe twice!!! I'm talking, through the fabric and into the foam pee!

How on earth do you get that smell out??? We have tried everything, from Febreeze to putting the cushions outside for the day. Anyone have any tried and true tips for me?

4 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 1:24am
post #2 of 5

Did you try a steam cleaner?

imagine76 Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 1:43am
post #3 of 5

baking soda? put a bunch on, sorta rub it in, let it sit for a while, vaccum out. worth a shot.

we used to use vinegar when our dog peed on the rug.

dang it, my sick daughter's been on the couch all day. i'd better investigate. i know she blew a big snot rocket on my husband's blanket! icon_lol.gif

TheButterWench Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 2:21am
post #4 of 5

um can you say, move this to the "lounge"??? lol

sorry that your baby's been sick and I'm sure she feels worse because of the embarassment.

I agree, steam clean, add a lil vinegar to the water then when it dries some baking soda, and if at all possible some outdoor time with the covers and foam good ole sunshine will help get the smell out.

chefcindy Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 2:31am
post #5 of 5

NATURE'S MIRACLE!!!!! I have 3 boys, and one of them consistently had accidents on the couch (until we switched to leather) You find it at the pet store. It works on all kinds of odors and if it can get cat pee smell out of stuff (which it does) it will take out baby pee!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%