Gumpaste Flower Directions For...

Decorating By TexasSugar Updated 24 Feb 2008 , 2:49am by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 3

Okay last year at the ICES convention I picked up some different gumpaste cutters. Some of them came with very basic directions and some of them came with none. icon_sad.gif I searched the site this morning to see if I could find any that matched what I had and I got lucky and found three of them. Woo Hoo!

Does anyone know where I can find directions for the Bauhinia Orchid, Magnolia and Peony Gumpaste flowers? The Magnolia and Peony cutters I have are suppose to be life size.

I also have the Cymbidium Orchid, Stargazer Lily, Hibiscus, Hydrangea and FMM 5 Petal Rose cutters. Can any of the cutters I have be used for any other kinds of flowers? Just curious if I can multi task with them and get more use out of them. icon_smile.gif

Please and Thanks!!

2 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 3

Hey, TSugar -

Sorry I have no instructions for you on how to use those cutters.

My suggestion to you is to look at webpages for flower nurseries to see what flowers are similar. For instance, if you look up lilies, you can find nurseries which sell lily bulbs, and see what looks like the stargazer. I know there are a few out there, but I do not know them off the top of my head.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 2:49am
post #3 of 3

Oh I will be sitting down looking at pictures soon.

Part of my problem is I am just getting into the flowers so some things like the wiring and putting them together are still confusing to me. I know there have been some posts lately about gumpaste directions, which is great, but then some of the flower cutters I have aren't in those. icon_cry.gif

I'll have to play and see if I can figure these out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%