GIAcakes Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:38pm

This is fun! Mine is my 3 daughter's initials:
G-abrielle
I-sabella
A-lexandra
and of course cakes, because I make cakes!

sweetamber Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:41pm

Rambo- LOL! I was nick-named "hamburger" because after I was born, my aunt who was deaf asked what my name was- she lip-read Amber as hamburger and it stuck!

Amber

Narie Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:49pm

OK, I'm game. Narie is a contraction of my first name. When my godson was a little tike, he couldn't manage all of the syllables so Anna Marie became Na-Rie. It sorta stuck. When the Internet first opened, early 90's, I started using it as my screen name. As far as age is concerned, I seem to be the senior citizen around here- 61. Excuse me if I snicker about about someone being worried about turning thirty. That was when my life just started to be really interesting.

cmmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:50pm

Mine is not that exciting. They are my two daughter's initials

C- Claire
M- Maura
Mom - that's me!

CakeL8T Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:50pm

This thread has been so much fun to read!!! OK, mine is pronounced..."Cake Lady". That's what everyone calls me when I go to make a delivery, it's like I don't have a name anymore, just "Hey, It's the Cake Lady!!" I guess I could be called worse!! icon_surprised.gif It's been great fun reading everyone's stories!! thumbs_up.gif

sarge1 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:55pm

Well, my screen name probably sounds more interesting than it actually is-was she in the army? is she an authoratative personality?
nah! Sarge is the name of my first cat, and 1 was added because "Sarge" was already taken (on another site).
For those turning 30: I was very freaked out for an entire year before I turned 30; when the actual day came, no big deal at all! Soon, though, I'll be turning 40 icon_confused.gif

Sue

doitallmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:59pm

My screen name is pretty obvious once you break it up: Do it all mom. Started out with it because I literally love to do all sorts of things and I feel as though I am actually good at all of them- sewing, baking, decorating, cosmetology, singing, writing(in my eariler, lees busy years), being handy around the house and so many other things. I'd like to be great at some of them, but for now, with eight little ones, I'll settle for being good at them. The 8 kids are where the other half of my thinking comes from- They're all still pretty young (oldest is almost 12) so they can help some, but not much. Therefore, I 'do it all' (until DH comes in from the office anyway, then Ia get a bit of a break LOL)

danyellkepp Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:07pm

Ok mine is pretty lame too. It's just my first and last name together.

Danyell Kepp.

Turning 30 was really no big deal for me but turning 25 was very hard for some reason.

I'll be 33 on July 29 and mentally I still feel seventeen.

Ksue Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:09pm

EIGHT kids?!?! How DO you do it ALL????

That's amazing. I'm impressed.

I get grumpy when just my husband or friends or our youngest 18-yr-old interrupts my creative activities!

Where in Michigan? I was born and raised in Kalamazoo.

dmaam Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:14pm

My screen name - dmaam is me and my familiies name initials

D - D.J. - my husband
M - Michelle - me
A - Aniston - my 6 year old daughter
A - Austin - my 5 year old son
M - Madelyn - my 2 year old daughter

ape Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:14pm

This has been so funny....I feel like I should have taken notes b/c there were so many that I wanted to comment on!!!!

OK...ape is short for april....I would have come up with something more creative if I'd known that I'd be doing all this forum stuff. I just wanted to look at some cakes!!! And no, no one calls me that....a few times my mother did when I was a kid b/c apparently it would just take too long to add the extra syllable!!!

OK...age....31 (YUCK)....I joked with my husband when he turned 31 that he wasn't just 30, but he was "IN HIS" thirties. That was 3 years ago.....guess what I heard when I turned 31? We've been married 10 years and have 3 munchkins: Grayson (5), Nathanael (4) and Mikaela (2).

cakerunner Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:21pm

I forgot to leave my info! I am 34, 4 kiddos, Josie almost 13 , Kyle 9, Abraham 5 , and Norah Bea 2 1/2. 30 was uneventful for me and I felt more grown up at 25 than I do now. I feel more like a kid every year. I sit back and think about my life and the lives of friends and I can't believe we are grown.... I also wonder if I will still feel this way at 44?

doitallmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:26pm

Ksue, it's always crazy around here, but when I'm doing cakes, everyone knows the rules, all except for my 11 month old, who's such a momma's boy that i'm typing with one hand right now because he feels like he just has to be by my side. Antwho, I was born and raised in Pontiac, moved to Southfield about 7 or so years ago.

nefgaby Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:30pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitallmom

My screen name is pretty obvious once you break it up: Do it all mom. Started out with it because I literally love to do all sorts of things and I feel as though I am actually good at all of them- sewing, baking, decorating, cosmetology, singing, writing(in my eariler, lees busy years), being handy around the house and so many other things. I'd like to be great at some of them, but for now, with eight little ones, I'll settle for being good at them. The 8 kids are where the other half of my thinking comes from- They're all still pretty young (oldest is almost 12) so they can help some, but not much. Therefore, I 'do it all' (until DH comes in from the office anyway, then Ia get a bit of a break LOL)

Oh wow, you are my hero!! I sometimes feel like I might loose my mind with one child!!!! He is 4 but still feels like the terrible 2's! What is your secret? I need to know it since I'm terrified of having a second child! icon_cry.gif

doitallmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:30pm

By the way ladies, this whole 3 thing hasn't bothered me one bit. Always been dubbed 'mature for my age',so I guess by the time I actually turned thirty, I had already felt that way for a couple of years. Turned 31 a couple of days ago and my godsister who's only 24 is already having a fit about turning 30!!

darcat Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:42pm

well my nic didnt take any imagination lol its my name DARlene CATherine alot of people think its because I love cats but in reality I dont care for them at all and actually have a dog lol

TheCakerator Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 8:10pm

well unfortunately I didn't come up with my nickname, my husband did. He said that you can't be called a decorator but you should be called a cakerator!! so I jokingly said yeah sure .. what about this .. and he said no .. I was serious!! so I agreed and when we went to make business cards for me he said Cakerations was the only way to go!! that was about two years ago when I first got into cake decorating and haven't really thought about it much since then ..

neurnr Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 8:57pm

Great post! I've been wondering about some of these names. Mine is simple enough, when we got married, my husband and I started a business which we call Neu R-n-R Designs (Last name is Neumann, R for Robert, n for and, and R for Rebecca (me icon_smile.gif. Been stuck with it for 7 1/2 years now. doitallmom - I completely understand the "mommas boy" I'm typing one handed with a 6 month old who doesnt even want to hang out with daddy right now! AARG!

Rambo Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:05pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetamber

Rambo- LOL! I was nick-named "hamburger" because after I was born, my aunt who was deaf asked what my name was- she lip-read Amber as hamburger and it stuck!

Amber

It's so nice to meet another Amber. I've known a grand total of 2 over the years. Hamburger isn't so bad, when I was in kindergarten the teacher went around trying to find rhyming words with all the kids names. She came to mine and the only thing she could think of was Pamper. Like the diapers. I was teased well into third grade and still wear the childhood scars icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

icon_razz.gif Just teasing icon_lol.gif

sweetamber Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:11pm

Oh yes, "Amber Pampers"...I remember it well!

When I worked in the topless bar (bartending- no I was not topless) there were a lot of "Amber"s....almost made me hate my name. It's good to meet some respectable ones!

Amber

Melvira Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:12pm

Oh my gosh this has been fun! Thank you all for playing along!! I hope we get a lot more posts to hear more cool stories and stuff! Oh, and we determined in another thread that nglez09 can't count, so don't be too hard on him for misjudging your age! Hahahahaha!!!

I'm still trying to remember which one vexes me, if I think of it, I'll let you know. I suppose it will be at 3am.

Susieindy Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:49pm

Marksgirl, I am from Indianapolis, IN also! If I would have known Susieindy would be my screen name when I signed up, I would have picked something else, because Susie is my name, and I am obviously from Indianapolis. I like all the creative names here!

nglez09 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:19pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

nglez, thanks icon_redface.gif

Hey wait a minute, nglez, did you say 54, it's 52 icon_evil.gif Smarty.

Oops. 52**. thumbs_up.gif

TRisser Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:27pm

I love all the creative names here. Mine is just my first initial Tamra and last name Risser. I couldn't think of anything so stole one of my hubby's ideas for his screen name. I should've used my email tx_aussie for a transplanted Texan in Australia. I'm another one of those turning 30 this year and have made a list of things I want to accomplish by then. Like no more nappies (diapers) for daughters Catie 3 (done) Emma 2 (half done) and Beka 15 months (haven't even started).

anyway, love the stories of the ladies who have been married for years and years. What a great inspiration. We just had our 5th anniversary. thumbs_up.gif

nglez09 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:33pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Oh my gosh this has been fun! Thank you all for playing along!! I hope we get a lot more posts to hear more cool stories and stuff! Oh, and we determined in another thread that nglez09 can't count, so don't be too hard on him for misjudging your age! Hahahahaha!!!

I'm still trying to remember which one vexes me, if I think of it, I'll let you know. I suppose it will be at 3am.

And yet again. . . icon_twisted.gif . . .looks like I'm going to be getting up in the middle of the night twice this time. icon_mad.gif

Why did we establish that? icon_confused.gif

icon_lol.gif

Kelrak Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:38pm

My first name is Kelly, nicknamed Kel by my big brother. The rak part is just the last 3 letters of my last name. Not too creative, I know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%