How Did You Get/pronounce Your Screen Name

Decorating By Melvira Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 6:30am by JulyMama

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:26pm
post #91 of 315

Ksue, it's always crazy around here, but when I'm doing cakes, everyone knows the rules, all except for my 11 month old, who's such a momma's boy that i'm typing with one hand right now because he feels like he just has to be by my side. Antwho, I was born and raised in Pontiac, moved to Southfield about 7 or so years ago.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:30pm
post #92 of 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitallmom

My screen name is pretty obvious once you break it up: Do it all mom. Started out with it because I literally love to do all sorts of things and I feel as though I am actually good at all of them- sewing, baking, decorating, cosmetology, singing, writing(in my eariler, lees busy years), being handy around the house and so many other things. I'd like to be great at some of them, but for now, with eight little ones, I'll settle for being good at them. The 8 kids are where the other half of my thinking comes from- They're all still pretty young (oldest is almost 12) so they can help some, but not much. Therefore, I 'do it all' (until DH comes in from the office anyway, then Ia get a bit of a break LOL)

Oh wow, you are my hero!! I sometimes feel like I might loose my mind with one child!!!! He is 4 but still feels like the terrible 2's! What is your secret? I need to know it since I'm terrified of having a second child! icon_cry.gif

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:30pm
post #93 of 315

By the way ladies, this whole 3 thing hasn't bothered me one bit. Always been dubbed 'mature for my age',so I guess by the time I actually turned thirty, I had already felt that way for a couple of years. Turned 31 a couple of days ago and my godsister who's only 24 is already having a fit about turning 30!!

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:42pm
post #94 of 315

well my nic didnt take any imagination lol its my name DARlene CATherine alot of people think its because I love cats but in reality I dont care for them at all and actually have a dog lol

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 8:10pm
post #95 of 315

well unfortunately I didn't come up with my nickname, my husband did. He said that you can't be called a decorator but you should be called a cakerator!! so I jokingly said yeah sure .. what about this .. and he said no .. I was serious!! so I agreed and when we went to make business cards for me he said Cakerations was the only way to go!! that was about two years ago when I first got into cake decorating and haven't really thought about it much since then ..

neurnr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neurnr Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 8:57pm
post #96 of 315

Great post! I've been wondering about some of these names. Mine is simple enough, when we got married, my husband and I started a business which we call Neu R-n-R Designs (Last name is Neumann, R for Robert, n for and, and R for Rebecca (me icon_smile.gif. Been stuck with it for 7 1/2 years now. doitallmom - I completely understand the "mommas boy" I'm typing one handed with a 6 month old who doesnt even want to hang out with daddy right now! AARG!

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:05pm
post #97 of 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetamber

Rambo- LOL! I was nick-named "hamburger" because after I was born, my aunt who was deaf asked what my name was- she lip-read Amber as hamburger and it stuck!

Amber

It's so nice to meet another Amber. I've known a grand total of 2 over the years. Hamburger isn't so bad, when I was in kindergarten the teacher went around trying to find rhyming words with all the kids names. She came to mine and the only thing she could think of was Pamper. Like the diapers. I was teased well into third grade and still wear the childhood scars icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

icon_razz.gif Just teasing icon_lol.gif

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:11pm
post #98 of 315

Oh yes, "Amber Pampers"...I remember it well!

When I worked in the topless bar (bartending- no I was not topless) there were a lot of "Amber"s....almost made me hate my name. It's good to meet some respectable ones!

Amber

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:12pm
post #99 of 315

Oh my gosh this has been fun! Thank you all for playing along!! I hope we get a lot more posts to hear more cool stories and stuff! Oh, and we determined in another thread that nglez09 can't count, so don't be too hard on him for misjudging your age! Hahahahaha!!!

I'm still trying to remember which one vexes me, if I think of it, I'll let you know. I suppose it will be at 3am.

Susieindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susieindy Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:49pm
post #100 of 315

Marksgirl, I am from Indianapolis, IN also! If I would have known Susieindy would be my screen name when I signed up, I would have picked something else, because Susie is my name, and I am obviously from Indianapolis. I like all the creative names here!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:19pm
post #101 of 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

nglez, thanks icon_redface.gif

Hey wait a minute, nglez, did you say 54, it's 52 icon_evil.gif Smarty.

Oops. 52**. thumbs_up.gif

TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:27pm
post #102 of 315

I love all the creative names here. Mine is just my first initial Tamra and last name Risser. I couldn't think of anything so stole one of my hubby's ideas for his screen name. I should've used my email tx_aussie for a transplanted Texan in Australia. I'm another one of those turning 30 this year and have made a list of things I want to accomplish by then. Like no more nappies (diapers) for daughters Catie 3 (done) Emma 2 (half done) and Beka 15 months (haven't even started).

anyway, love the stories of the ladies who have been married for years and years. What a great inspiration. We just had our 5th anniversary. thumbs_up.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:33pm
post #103 of 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Oh my gosh this has been fun! Thank you all for playing along!! I hope we get a lot more posts to hear more cool stories and stuff! Oh, and we determined in another thread that nglez09 can't count, so don't be too hard on him for misjudging your age! Hahahahaha!!!

I'm still trying to remember which one vexes me, if I think of it, I'll let you know. I suppose it will be at 3am.

And yet again. . . icon_twisted.gif . . .looks like I'm going to be getting up in the middle of the night twice this time. icon_mad.gif

Why did we establish that? icon_confused.gif

icon_lol.gif

Kelrak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelrak Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:38pm
post #104 of 315

My first name is Kelly, nicknamed Kel by my big brother. The rak part is just the last 3 letters of my last name. Not too creative, I know.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:48pm
post #105 of 315

Mine isn't very exciting, I have a dog named Tigger and he was the second dog hence tiggy2. I'm 56 and loving every minute of it. icon_smile.gif Looking forward to retirement very soon! icon_biggrin.gif

prettynpinkdi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettynpinkdi1 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:51pm
post #106 of 315

Well my screen name is a combination for my FAVORITE movie PRETTY IN PINK and my name DIana and the 1, well it doesnt mean anything.

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:56pm
post #107 of 315

What an interesting and fun post thumbs_up.gif

Mine is my initials and my wedding anniversary date. So while we've only been married 15 years this April, we dated in 1979 and '80 while I was in college; split up and went our separate ways. In 1991, we reunited, got engaged that Christmas and married the following April - awwwwwwh, drippy I know. But he was my true love and I've been given a second chance to do it right this time icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 11:02pm
post #108 of 315

This is fun!!!

I'm TooMuchCake because that's what's on my hips. LOL!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Deanna

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 11:08pm
post #109 of 315

Mewie was the sweetest little tabby that came into our life as a stray one year. Shes since passed, but always fondly remembered.

Michele

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 11:10pm
post #110 of 315

Okay, Okay, due to popular demand, here's my story... icon_smile.gif

My screen name is pronounced just like it looks, Bob - Wonder - Buns. BWB for short. icon_wink.gif First, to clarify any misconception, I am a GIRL. And not a girl named Bob! icon_confused.gif I am also married to a boy, who is also NOT named Bob. icon_rolleyes.gif

My screen name came about out of sheer frustration. On many websites I have a much different name (that of a spice to be exact...) However, on some websites that particular name is taken. One day, on one website I typed in that name. Taken. So was every other name under Heaven!! icon_sad.gif Sooo, out of sheer frustration, I typed in "Bobwonderbuns" and shouted at the computer "I'll be THAT one isn't taken!" And sure enough... icon_rolleyes.gif

Now, how the name stuck I'll never know... icon_wink.gif

lonestarstamper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lonestarstamper Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 11:24pm
post #111 of 315

I've had my hands into all sorts of crafts over the years. When I started paper crafting (namely stamping), there was a store in town called Lone Star Stamps (I'm in Texas, The Lone Star State). That place closed and then I started selling stamping products and had to come up with a group name so we were called The Lone Star Stampers. I wanted an easy email address for my group so I became Lone Star Stamper. I very rarely stamp anymore but I've had the name for years and use it for everything. I'd like to change it but everyone knows me by it.

I'm 42 and don't feel it until I meet someone my age who is already a grandma and I realize I could be one too. I have two furbabies but no human children. Been married to dh for 11 years.

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 11:46pm
post #112 of 315

Haha! Bobwonderbuns! I thought you were a guy named Bob with great buns...or that you made great buns either way..too funny. icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 11:52pm
post #113 of 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisscantbewrg

Haha! Bobwonderbuns! I thought you were a guy named Bob with great buns...or that you made great buns either way..too funny. icon_lol.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! icon_biggrin.gif I know, I ruined that myth, didn't I?? icon_lol.gif

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:01am
post #114 of 315

karenm0712....

My first name is Karen and my maiden name started with M and my birthday date (month and day).

I use my screen name for every website I have an account with....keep it the same so that I don't have to remember them all. icon_smile.gif

Belovedeve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Belovedeve Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:10am
post #115 of 315

mine is very weird...it first came from the book 'beloved' by toni morrison....i was obessed with the book.....I don't read much...(short attention span) so when i get into somehting it is very intense...but then it grew...I became a mother figure to lots of me and my husbands friends..so I was loved..beloved...lol...the eve part...well i was the first woman player in my husband role playing site ( like dugeon and dragons) am such a dork lol

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:12am
post #116 of 315

Well mine wasn't even created by me several years back my DH thought I needed a business name before I even knew I was going to have my own business he must of know something I didn't, he kept saying I was going to be Cakes On Demand (Cakesondemand) I couldn't come up with anything else so I kept it. My actual business name is
Cakes On Demand by Sharon
Guess I'm stuck with it now since its registered. Now were trying to figure out a name for our cookies so we can have a seperate website. Cookies On Demand is already taken.

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:26am
post #117 of 315

My first career was tailoring. I apprenticed under a European Master Tailor. One day I asked him what one calls a female tailor. The closest thing he could think of was the French name couturiere. (ku-tur-yehr)
ANd so I named my first tailor shop just that.
And because it is one name that is NEVER taken, I use it online a lot too.

I am now committed to cakes full time, but I will always honor my first career and all the discipline it has taught me.

icon_biggrin.gif

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:36am
post #118 of 315

O.K.

My last name is Bright and I am the mother of 3 Brats !!!!!!!

They are 2 boys, 12 and 6, and a girl 3.

My husband was the 1st. guy I ever dated. And we have been together for 21 yrs. total. We have been married for 14 of those years. And not to sound too mushy, I love him more and more every day. thumbs_up.gif

Oh and I will be 40 this year, and it isn't bothering me at all, just glad to still be around. Especially the way the world is these days.

bekahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahscakes Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:55am
post #119 of 315

Mine came from the fact that I got into doing cakes when my little girl had an allergic reaction to peanut butter. Since you can't go to most bakeries and get a cake that has not been either exposed to or possibly exposed to nuts of some type I started learning how to do cakes for her and the other kids. Her name is Rebekah so my user name is "bekahscakes".

Bekah66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bekah66 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 1:12am
post #120 of 315

Ha. I love this. My name is Rebekah and just turned 40. I am sure you can see my reasoning! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%