How Did You Get/pronounce Your Screen Name

Decorating By Melvira Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 6:30am by JulyMama

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:45am
post #1 of 315

I have been thinking of starting this fun/nonsense thread for a few weeks, and a conversation some of us had today finally lit a fire under me to do so. I see some pretty unique screen names here and wonder sometimes how to pronounce them and/or where they came from.

I'll go first, althought it's fairly obvious how to pronounce. In my early teens I dyed my very long, very straight hair jet black. (Yes, I was punk... what you now call Goth, I guess. Still am at heart!) Anyway... I looked a little like Elvira, since her and I share one very large attribute other than the long black hair icon_razz.gif . (Hers was a wig though!) My real name is Melissa, so some people started calling me Melvira. Nothing too fancy there. Anyway... if you have an interesting or unique name or a story to explain how you got it, I'd love to hear it. Also... there are some that I am dying to know how to pronounce!! What's the one that keeps me up at night...? sure, when I'm awake I can't think of it, but I wake up in the middle of the night trying to figure out how to say it! Ergh... I'll think of it!!

314 replies
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:09am
post #2 of 315

I did this on Wilton once!

My Maiden name is MOY

A guy friend thought he was being cute and kept sayng" MaryAnn MOY DEAR" and 77 is the year I was born!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:12am
post #3 of 315

Great thread! I've been wondering about some of them. If you look at my pics, mine becomes pretty obvious. icon_biggrin.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:12am
post #4 of 315

icon_cry.gif I'm so unimaginative! Mine's my first name and my date of birth! lol

danilis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danilis Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:19am
post #5 of 315

Mix of my daughters' names - Danica and Anna-Liese

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:19am
post #6 of 315

my dad nicknamed me zoomi when i was just starting to walk, he said i ran everywhere and was always on the go. he said i zoomed everywhere and somehow zoomi stuck (even have it on my license plate lol) the toons was added when i was in my early teens, my sister just said it one day and now that too is stuck lol it is very rare that i am called by my real name (Amy) from any of my family lol my son even tried to call me zoomi one day, that only happened once LOL

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:20am
post #7 of 315

Mine is from a song by the Spin Doctors ( rock/pop group from a few years back).
My hubby says I have to be right, so it's Lil Miss Can't Be Wrong. I see a couple of you are approaching 30 this year, too. Is it as scary for ya'll as it is for me?? icon_cry.gif
Moydear, I thought you had YEARS of ( age) experience on me!! Your cakes are gorgeous! I SO envy you!!

lilypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilypie Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:24am
post #8 of 315

Dude! I'll be 30 this year as well! crazy scary.

Lilypie is the very first nickname my very first boyfriend gave me (many moons ago). it was around the time i got my first e-mail address, and while I soon broke up with the psycho stalker boyfriend, i already had a few e-mail addresses... and a website... etc.

Liliana

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:25am
post #9 of 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisscantbewrg

Mine is from a song by the Spin Doctors ( rock/pop group from a few years back).
My hubby says I have to be right, so it's Lil Miss Can't Be Wrong. I see a couple of you are approaching 30 this year, too. Is it as scary for ya'll as it is for me?? icon_cry.gif
Moydear, I thought you had YEARS of ( age) experience on me!! Your cakes are gorgeous! I SO envy you!!

Everyone keeps calling me a young pup still!

Yes thirty is giving me a lot to think about! I actually had a will drawn up this last year because I felt that we needed one!

I find myself saying remember when we were so and so age!

Thanks for the kind words!

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:25am
post #10 of 315

mine is cakekrayzie (crazy) its not really hard to pronounce but the way krayzie is spelled is because i have been a fan of the rap group Bone Thugs n Harmony since i was 15 years old and krayzie is the name of my favorite member and i though i am crazy for cake so i just put them together icon_wink.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:26am
post #11 of 315

nglez09

n- Nick

glez- dad's first last name

09- HS graduation year

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:28am
post #12 of 315

Mine is simple - Z Mama. Kids are Zack and Zoey.

Another I use and love actually has a story. SameDayDiffSheet

Play on the old Same S***, Different Day. In drawing, I would just go and go, using more paper in a day then most were using in a week. My Prof (and mentor) was joking with me about it, and Same Day Diff(erent) Sheet was born.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:29am
post #13 of 315

Okay - first I was in on the other topic today that prompted this thread - if you hadn't started it I would have LOL!

Second - you folks are making me feel OLD! Okay - I'm not that old, born in '69, but still...

Third - my screen name was a business name that I thought I liked, but I am not really thrilled with it anymore - but I am up over 200 posts so no way I will be changing it now! I figure I'm just not going to have a business name, although on one thread someone came up with Boston Frostin', which I LOVED. So if I ever decide to go for a real business with a name and everything it will be that. icon_smile.gif

Lilmiss - love yours! And Zoomi is a totally cool nickname - I never really had a cool nickname icon_sad.gif

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:30am
post #14 of 315

I've had my screen name forever it seems. I live on the Lake here in Washington State and have for over 20 years so I came up with ladyonzlake. My last name starts with a "Z" so I plugged that in there too.
Jacqui

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:32am
post #15 of 315

Mine seems pretty obvious. I use it on a few forums that are kid related, so when I signed up I just kept it.

Berry - for strawberry
Blonde boys - for my two sons...

However... my older son's hair is now more of a honey blonde (in the sun you see all the red) and my younger son is too red to be called a strawberry blonde, his hair is the color of a copper penny - same color as my husband's beard.

And good thing he touts that red beard, because I'm a dark blonde and his hair is BLACK and it probably thwarts some people asking where the red came from! LOL (though several people in our family have red hair - just not us).

Melissa

lilmisscantbewrg Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:36am
post #16 of 315

Sweet Results, didn't mean to make you feel old -I'm just having a REAL hard time with this one..could be those darn gray hairs that my mommy blessed me with-lucky for me-that's what they make dye for!!

Zmama-love Same Day Diff Sheet!!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:39am
post #17 of 315

Just do what I did - stop at 29!

My 9 year old STILL thinks I am 29 - sooner or later he is gonna catch on icon_biggrin.gif

It's gotten so bad and I've kept the charade going for so long that when people ask me how old I am I can't remember icon_wink.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:46am
post #18 of 315

My husband turns 40 this Sunday and I'm freaking out about that a bit. That I just turned 37 a couple weeks ago doesn't bother me, but for some reason, him turning 40 is just WEIRD!!! I mean, I dated and married a man in his mid 20s... what happened??? Plus, he looks really good for turning 40. He looks the same he did 10 years ago. I wish I were holding up half as well!

Hmmm... maybe I'm also "freaking" because in high school no one my age hit on me... but... about EVERY single 35-50 year old single (and sometimes married) man hit on me, I swear! I looked older than I was - not by wearing sexy clothes and stuff, I've always been very modest!!! But... my demeanor I think made me look old. My college friends even started a club for my dilemma (I wonder if I still have the pin??) IT's the Melissa Against Old Farts Club! LOL It was really bad!!!

So... now, I'm married to one of those old farts! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:00am
post #19 of 315

Please, none of you have anything on me, 1954, I'll save you the math I'll be 52 this year. icon_razz.gif

And my screen name is my first name, I'm so creative. icon_wink.gif

lilmisscantbewrg Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:01am
post #20 of 315

That's hilarious...MAOF CLUB!! I met mine when we were 15 and 18, married at 19 and 22. He just keeps getting better looking and I keep falling apart! This world is playing a dirty trick on women, I tell you!! I always looked younger because I'm short ( 5') and then somewhere within the last year, I stopped getting carded for alcohol. Hmph! Hurt my feelings icon_cry.gif

Melvira: I just figured out why I always have that old country song " Elvira" in my head after being on CC for awhile. It's reading posts with your screen name!!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:06am
post #21 of 315

I still win - I was married at 17, 34 yrs. ago and I'm still madly in love. icon_wink.gif

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:20am
post #22 of 315

I'm one of the dull dull names here. Joanne is my name and K is the first letter of my last name.

I love reading about everyones names though.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:57am
post #23 of 315

Mine is pretty silly. icon_redface.gif It started when I turned legal drinking age (21) party.gif and it's my favorite alcohol, coconut rum. Dumb, yes I know. And now that I am going to be turning 30 I wish I would have picked something better. But I got my email address so long ago and its the one everyone knows and I can't just change it now. It'd be too much of a hassle. It's just who I am at this point icon_cool.gif (online atleast)

And I love the nickname zoomi that is cool! I didn't have a cool nickname either (pout)

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 11:08am
post #24 of 315

Mine is not very creative. I used to operate a CNC lathe and I first got online in 2000. I use this screenname most of the time.

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 11:38am
post #25 of 315

mine isn't very creative either.. di short for my first name Diane, davis, obviously my last. ta, I am a Travel Agent. put it all together and I thought it flowed pretty good

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 11:58am
post #26 of 315

So far I am the Granny of the group, I am 59, my name is Helen, when I was visiting friends in the South Island, New Zealand they dubbed me Hellie and I am from Ohio.....so hellie0h.

SugarFairies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFairies Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 12:00pm
post #27 of 315

When I first decided to do cakes I was in the kitchen frustrated and (apparently icing everwhere from learning to deal with my KA) when my husband walks in and kisses me on the cheek and says arent you just a sugarfairy. My kids were there reaping the rewards of the KA disaster and they thought it was a great name so it kinda just stuck =)

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 12:02pm
post #28 of 315

I am the mother of 5 (and now the grandmother of 1).............and my last name is litter ! Yes, lame and uncreative but it works.

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 12:08pm
post #29 of 315

OK, so I have no imagination when it comes to thinking up screen names. Mine is just my first name (Mary) and my middle and surname initials.

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 12:09pm
post #30 of 315

My husband and I are both named Mike - actually mine is MIQUEL and his is the traditional Michael, thus the name ladymike. And I just turned 54, my hubby will be 59 in March, and we have had 33 fabulous years together. We also have 9 grandchildren and 2 more on the way - around July/August. OK - now you all know my life story! LOL icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%