Mmf Help Pls?

Decorating By twinkletoe21 Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 5:43am by twinkletoe21

twinkletoe21 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:43am
post #1 of 5

i was wondering if i can put the MMF finished cake in the fridge over night? if so, am i suppose to wrap it or just leave it open?

i just made a cake for my sisters co-workers birthday tomorrow and i used chocolate mousse filling and frosting instead of buttercream frosting so i really have to put it in the fridge or else the mousse will melt..

HELP please? TIA everyone!!!

4 replies
ceshell Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:57am
post #2 of 5

Yes you can! Do not wrap it, the fondant will act as a seal. However if possible it's not ever a bad idea to put it in a cake box and wrap the BOX to protect the cake from picking up anything from the fridge.

When you take it out you will need to allow some time for it to unchill, the fondant may get sticky and shiny but when the condensation evaporates everything will look just fine as long as you don't touch it while it's drying.

However I have no idea how long this process takes since the cake is only being refrigerated - I can't imagine it's very long. Hopefully someone else can chime in here on that...

Anyway I've seen lots of posts on refrigerating fondant cakes, and it's been rare to ever see a problem so go ahead, salvage that mousse!

Sweetcakes23 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 5:03am
post #3 of 5

Yes, that's right, wrapping it in a box is good, but I like to keep mine refrigerated just about as long as I can before serving, to keep it from getting sticky....I think that would be better for her mousse too.
It won't hurt the fondant at all.

alicegop Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 5:04am
post #4 of 5

I don't know if it is just me, but DANGER WILL ROBINSON! I did this and the fondant was sticky and shiny... for a long time. Maybe if you pull it out the day before.... but it is more than 4 hours. Mine was still sticky and shiny 4 hours later.

twinkletoe21 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 5:43am
post #5 of 5

THANK YOU ALL so MUCHHH!!! =)

off to put the cake in the fridge now.. =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%