Non-Payment!

Decorating By cakelady45 Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 7:51am by leily

cakelady45 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:08am
post #1 of 5

What do you do when someone orders a cake and then never comes to pick it up or pay for it??!!! Will not return my calls... Fortunately it's not a really large one, but I still spent quite a bit of time on it...... I can donate the cake somewhere I guess and consider it a write-off. Any advice would be helpful. Tks

4 replies
CreationsByCaryl Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:16am
post #2 of 5

I wrap it and toss it in the freezer as proof of my work and effort until I CAN get ahold of them.

Once, it was a forgetfullness issue, another a wrong date on their part, another was an emergency trip to the hospital.

TheButterWench Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:18am
post #3 of 5

That happened to me on Valentine's Day, a young man walked in and ordered a cake for his boss from me because he lived around the corner and wanted to patronize local business.

He tried to pay me with a cc but I don't accept them at this time, I offered to send him a pay pal bill, but he stated that he would be back the next day with the cash when he picked it up.

He never did.

I gave it to my landlord the next day. lol

CreationsByCaryl Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:31am
post #4 of 5

NOT paid for ??? I still hang on to it. Then it can go to the local senior center icon_smile.gif

All of mine are 50% deposit at LEAST. That way if they bail, I'm not out supply money. I also have phone numbers and addys. People serious about ordering and following through have no problem giving that up.

leily Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:51am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreationsByCaryl

All of mine are 50% deposit at LEAST. That way if they bail, I'm not out supply money. I also have phone numbers and addys. People serious about ordering and following through have no problem giving that up.

Same here, 50% at time of order and remaining 50% when delivered, and if they don't pay the remainder then I take the cake with me, no cash no cake.

Althought I have not had one person yet pay the 50/50, they all have paid 100% right up front, one less thing for them to worry about. But that 50% at time of order covers my cost of ingredients at least and some time incase they cancel or are not there when I deliver.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%