Spending Your Friday Night At Paula's Party Like Me?

Decorating By Caker_Girl Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 2:54pm by MichelleM77

Caker_Girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caker_Girl Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:55am
post #1 of 5

Exciting night for me, I know. Yes I am spending with Friday night in the bed, a human Oreo (I am the crème...a dog sandwiching me in on either side), hanging with Paula Deen. Hey, I'm not out partying so this is as close as it gets tonight.

Anyways, she has a girl on this episode (Disco theme) who owns her own bakery (she could be here on CC for all I know) making the cutest disco ball cupcakes. Love 'em! She also premade a big disco ball cake (I would guess you would do it the same method as a globe cake). Anyways, adore these cupcakes...what a great idea I will have to try sometime. If you didn't catch it, I believe you can look up episode summaries and pictures on Food Network's website so definitely check these adorable cupcakes out!

P.S. I sure wish I couldd've married one of her sons...she would be the absolute coolest MIL ever!

4 replies
Caker_Girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caker_Girl Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:58am
post #2 of 5

AND she made & brought cute platform shoe decorated sugar cookies! So fun!

OMG and now drinks that looks like lava lamps and Paula's Partini...could you ask for anything more? Those are three of my favorite food groups...cake, cookies, and cocktails!

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:11am
post #3 of 5

Isn't that Elisa Strauss of Confetti Cakes? I saw a clip and it looked like her...the handbag cake she had also looked like one of hers.

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:15am
post #4 of 5

Yep that was Elisa - I have her book - Confetti Cakes, which is also the name of her bakery. She's adorable. I love her. And that disco ball was awesome! of course the cupcakes and shoes and everything were awesome....

She won the Extreme Cake Challenge that Duff hosted.... she made the Sock Monkey Revenge cake - it was spectacular!!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 5

I happened to catch that just because on Friday after 6p.m. I turn into a couch potato for the night. icon_smile.gif I usually don't watch Paula's Party, but turned it on cuz I couldn't find anything else to watch. Happy accident! icon_smile.gif

Did anyone else find Paula a little tipsy?!?!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%