Decorating Tips - Can I Carry It On The Plane Or Check In?

Decorating By zumbacakes Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 4:25am by KimAZ

zumbacakes Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 3

I will be going to Cake Camp and need to bring only 5 decorating tips. Will I have a problem carrying the decorating tips on the plane or do I have to check it in? Thanks.

2 replies
goddessa12 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 3

I don't see why you'd have a problem carrying them on, so long as they get put in your bag not your pocketicon_smile.gif

KimAZ Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:25am
post #3 of 3

I have to share a funny story. I had to take my cake supplies with me on the airplane to Alaska where I was going to do my BIL's wedding cake last summer. I brought the entire Wilton caddy stuffed as full as possible with all the things I would need. I knew I shouldn't take it in the cabin so we packed it in a fish box ( for those who don't know what a fish box is, it's a big, long styrofoam box inside a cardboard box that we bring back all the fish we catch in) along with some clothes just to fill the box and checked in it as luggage. Sure enough when we got to Alaska, the airline personel had opened the box to see what was in it. I know they do this randomly anyway but I have a feeling that once the box went through the X-ray machine they were wondering what the heck or why the heck there were cake decorating supplies inside a fish box! icon_biggrin.gif

I know they will not allow any sharp objects, even nail clippers in the cabin so you might want to ask about the decorating tips BEFORE you check your luggage in case you need to stuff it in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%