Patchwork Cutter Cake

Decorating By msmanning2 Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 11:54am by grama_j

msmanning2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmanning2 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 7

I just picked up my new patchwork cutters yesterday. This is the cake I made with them. I had some issues at first. My fondant was too soft! After some trial and error, here is the cake.
LL

6 replies
msmanning2 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 7

Here is another view
LL

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:32pm
post #3 of 7

Well done, you did a lovely job. I love patchwork cutters, you can do so much with them.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 7

awww..... that is just ADORABLE ! How do you USE the cutters? I've seen them in catalogs, but never order them......

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 7

I too would like to know how patchwork cutters are used, ive seen them but reluctant to buy since I have never used before. Are they easy to use?? Cute cake I love the look of it..

msmanning2 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:27am
post #6 of 7

I am probably not the best one to tell you how to use them. I was in the kitchen for hours making this cake. Superstar gave me the advise to grease them before pressing into fondant/gumpaste. She did say she uses gumpaste instead of fondant. Basically these cutters have all the embossing of all the details. You press it into your gumpaste and there you have your design. Then you paint/dust it with any color you like. I used dry lustre dust on mine. Once I tried it several times I got it. I will need to practice more though.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 11:54am
post #7 of 7

Oh, THANKS ! I can just imagine mine ...trying to use different colors on such small areas ! They are so darned cute though !!~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%