Has Everyone Seen These? Beautiful And Inspirational!

Decorating By DecoratingDingbat Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 8:07pm by veronika

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 29

If you haven't allready seen these you need to take a minute (or so... icon_wink.gif ) and check them out! 50 most incredible wedding cakes by Brides Magazine. Take a look at the prices also, and then don't ever feel bad for charging 'low end' to your friends or client for their cakes! icon_wink.gif

http://www.brides.com/brides/cakes

Justthought this was inspirational considering wedding season's peak is just around the corner! icon_razz.gif

28 replies
luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 29

Thanks for posting. I have been wanting to see this.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 29

The Best of the best, wonderful cakes, thanks for sharing. I am fascinated by the one Polly did, the twist on a whimsy cake.

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 29

Those are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing! My favorite was the twisted-square cake... so cool looking!!

itsajeepthing0196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsajeepthing0196 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 29

I am sooo going out and getting that magazine today!

shisharka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shisharka Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 29

Very nice, thank you for posting!

My favorite is Polly Schoonmakerâs, last on third row, the most unique shape Iâve seen, love the motion!

Second favorite is the Steve Kic, last on the second row. Original stacking, and I love contemporary designs.

And three, I am partial to the Katrina Rozelle, 4-th on the bottom row. One, because Iâve had the pleasure of eating her âregularâ cakes for every birthday when we lived in the Bay Area, and I know they taste heavenly; and two because her cakes were my inspiration to learn all there is to learn about cake⦠While Iâm very far from matching a design of hers, ever!, the best compliment Iâve heard from a friend about the taste of my cake was âWow, this is like the Obsession!â (one of her flavors). Though I'd still fly up there for the sake of her Gianduja Mousse!

On another note, there are A LOT of cakes here on CC that are strong rivals to these âbig namesââ¦

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 29

thanks for posting, I love looking at that stuff and dreaming I was that good.. hey maybe after cake camp icon_smile.gif Again thanks, they are all gorgeous!

DecoratingDingbat Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:35pm
post #8 of 29

You know .... my problem with this stuff is now I have more ideas than I'll ever have orders! My head hurts.... My family is already sick of the little practise cakes, and some of them have even been forced to eat them - no ice cream! Eat that cake! icon_lol.gif

I think my favorite is the "Lemon Twist" by Pollyâs Cakes
Hood River, OR. That could change any second however... hard to choose!

edith123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edith123 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:51pm
post #9 of 29

wow! those cakes are really something! icon_biggrin.gif

HBcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBcakes Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:59pm
post #10 of 29

Such gorgeous work!!! Glad you shared this!! When I see that whole page of nothing but beautiful wedding cakes to look at, it's almost therapuetic icon_razz.gif Makes you feel like you've got a long ways to go with learning things!!

ctrumps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctrumps Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:02pm
post #11 of 29

all I have to say is WOW!!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:10pm
post #12 of 29

Yeah...I recently forwarded this to a bride for inspiration and to let her see what a deal my pricing is! I mean 18.00 a slice for one of them! My goodness!

CreationsByCaryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreationsByCaryl Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:12pm
post #13 of 29

If yo udig deeper into the site and read their wedding cake page, it lists the top 8 things to expect from your baker. Those are always a good read as brides read them and then bombard you with those questions.

#8 on their list is a little dilusional and misleading for the brides to be. My matching dumby tiers are a TAd MORE THAT THAT ! Why bother listing a price like that?

"For couples who want a towering cake but have a small guest list, bakers will do "artistic tiers"âStyrofoam forms iced to look like real cake, for a charge of about $75. "

staceyssweettreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyssweettreats Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:30pm
post #14 of 29

These are all beautiful. Thanks for posting. I only hope to be near as good as this in the future. They were all so beautiful, I just couldn't pick which one I liked the best. But the $32.50 a slice from Icing on the top, wow! If only I could be good enough to charge that amount...

doreen1092 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doreen1092 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:26am
post #15 of 29

Love them!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:44am
post #16 of 29

I LOVE the one by Mikes Amazing Cakes -- it's absolutely gorgeous!

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:51am
post #17 of 29

Those cakes are awesome! $32.50 per slice - wow! Thanks for posting this.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:42am
post #18 of 29

[quote="shisharka"]Very nice, thank you for posting!

And three, I am partial to the Katrina Rozelle, 4-th on the bottom row. One, because Iâve had the pleasure of eating her âregularâ cakes for every birthday when we lived in the Bay Area, and I know they taste heavenly; and two because her cakes were my inspiration to learn all there is to learn about cake⦠While Iâm very far from matching a design of hers, ever!, the best compliment Iâve heard from a friend about the taste of my cake was âWow, this is like the Obsession!â (one of her flavors). Though I'd still fly up there for the sake of her Gianduja Mousse!

quote]

I live in Concord and Katrina Rozelle is in Alamo so you must have lived nearby?

applemint_jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
applemint_jackie Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 5:43am
post #19 of 29

Thank you DecoratingDingbat..Those are lovely, beautiful & inspiration, cakes of course. They are really born with cakes in their hands. Thank you again.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 9:07am
post #20 of 29

You really know that your in to deep when you look at a cake and know who made it without reading the names.

I can pick out Collette Peters, Martha Stewart, Kerry Vincent, Mike's, Margraet Braun, Sugarshack, etc.

jovolavka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovolavka Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 10:09am
post #21 of 29

WOW! Absolutely Amazing cakes! Thanks for posting. Too many favorites! Great dreaming material! icon_smile.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:06pm
post #22 of 29

[quote="ShirleyW"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisharka

quote]

I live in Concord and Katrina Rozelle is in Alamo so you must have lived nearby?

shirley, I thought the same thing! I think she used to live in the bay.. My chef says he is personal friends with Katrina.. One of my classmates was talking to him about getting a job.. He said that people come from all over to try to work for her..

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:20pm
post #23 of 29

I thought they were all amazing!! I'm thinking of linking to that page from my website Pricing page, so brides can get an eye-opener what else is "out there" for pricing. The only reason I haven't linked it yet is because I don't want a bride saying they want one of THOSE for their wedding...Of course, for $32.50 per serving, I could be tempted, but I'm sure no Sylvia Weinstock! LOL

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:46pm
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyssweettreats

These are all beautiful. Thanks for posting. I only hope to be near as good as this in the future. They were all so beautiful, I just couldn't pick which one I liked the best. But the $32.50 a slice from Icing on the top, wow! If only I could be good enough to charge that amount...

I agree the price for that cake is a little bit too much icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif ..Even kerry Vincents cake wich is amazing in the amount of work it has didnt went that high..She stayed at 22 dollars the slice..
Edna

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:47pm
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I LOVE the one by Mikes Amazing Cakes -- it's absolutely gorgeous!

I voted for that cake..I am still trying to figure out how he did it.... icon_rolleyes.gif

shisharka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shisharka Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 6:08pm
post #26 of 29

[quote="lilthorner"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

Quote:

quote]

shirley, I thought the same thing! I think she used to live in the bay.. My chef says he is personal friends with Katrina.. One of my classmates was talking to him about getting a job.. He said that people come from all over to try to work for her..

icon_smile.gif
Berkeley... I used to go to her shop on College Ave, I guess it is technically in Oakland... Mmm... I need an excuse for a trip up there!

DecoratingDingbat Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:59pm
post #27 of 29
Quote:

Mmm... I need an excuse for a trip up there!

Willikers! If I was within driving distance I would just go! "Because I want to" would be my excuse - LOL icon_lol.gif

DecoratingDingbat Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 8:07pm
post #28 of 29
Quote:

Mmm... I need an excuse for a trip up there!

Willikers! If I was within driving distance I would just go! "Because I want to" would be my excuse - LOL icon_lol.gif

veronika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronika Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 8:07pm
post #29 of 29

They are all so beautiful. It's impossible to choose a favorite!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%