Bridal Shower Cake- Will This Look Ok?

Decorating By JenniferL Updated 22 Feb 2008 , 10:59pm by JenniferL

JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 5

My friend is having a bridal shower this weekend and their wedding has an outdoorsy springtime theme. For her cake I was planning on making a cake similar to this one by cheekysweets:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=279843.

What I am thinking is that I will make the square cake and ice it with green bc and then use royal and bc flowers in pink, purple, white and peach for the accents. I wanted to trim out the bottom with the extra flowers and some bc grass (the grass tip is my FAVORITE icing tip! icon_lol.gif ) The dress would be covered in white fondant, but I wondered about wrapping a small piece of pink or peach fondant around the waist to tie in the color of the flowers.

Do you think this would look ok or will it be too much green? (Her bridesmaid's dresses are green.) Should I use the grass around the bottom or just a shell border? Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Last question- what size pan do you think I would need for the bottom cake? I was thinking 10" or 12"? I pm'd the cheekysweets, but haven't heard back yet and I've got to buy my ingredients tonight.

Y'all are always so helpful so TIA!! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 5

whether you use a 10' or 12' would depend on how much cake you need. The both provide a lot of servings.

Your plan sounds nice, but consider the consequences of all that green color- green lips,teeth etc. I think green accents or trim would be good enough.

itsajeepthing0196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsajeepthing0196 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 5

I think that using ribbon around the waiste would be better than fondant because if you dont like the look, you can remove the ribbon without damaging the dress, were as fondant may do that and leave an eye sore.

JenniferL Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 5

Those are great ideas. The 80 year old women there might not see the humor in green teeth! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif When they lift the bride off of the cake, her dress won't look as messy either.

I could even try the ribbon first to see if I'm going to like it and then use fondant.

Thanks for your suggestions! I would appreciate any suggestions that I could get!! thumbs_up.gif

JenniferL Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 5

so...a 10" square (2- 2" cakes torted and filled) will feed aprox. 50 people?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%