Omg Best Cookie

Baking By lillykaci1 Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 12:08pm by Alagoas

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 25

I just ate the best cookie I have ever had!!!! My Sister-In-Law just gave me this recipe and OMG it's like wow. I love these cookies!!!! It's really easy to do too. Just one box of german chocolate cake mix 1 cup chocolate chips 1 cup oats 1/2 cup oil and 2 eggs. Mix and put on sheet in 375 and bake for like 8 min...OMG just emmmmmmm!!!!!

24 replies
heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 25

Wow..sounds great and easy as well! Thanks for the recipe, I'll definitely be giving them a try!!

itsajeepthing0196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsajeepthing0196 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 25

I am so going to try this recipe tonight!

itsajeepthing0196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsajeepthing0196 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 25

Ok so I totally made these cookies today (saturday) they are sooo yummy. I think I baked them a little too long because they are crisp and not chewy. I turned them into cookie sandwiches and rolled them in choco sprinkles. Ill attach a pic,hopefully it will work. thumbs_up.gif
LL

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 25

So the ½ cup oil and 2 eggs are the only wet ingredients?

Are the oats the quick oats or the kind you have to cook?

Thanks in advance.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 25

I tried the recipe right after you posted last night. They were yummy! I didn't have german chocolate, so I used devils food, also added 1 tsp butavan. The batter was very dry and I had to push them down with spatula because they looked like balls up to 8 minutes in the oven! (I used an icecream scoop, and they stayed round). Also, I baked them longer than 8 minutes.
Even though the batter seemed dry, the cookies were very moist and delish! My DH said they were like brownie cookies!
THanks for sharing this recipe.

candae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candae Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 12:43pm
post #7 of 25

good morning,

Has anyone else tried the recipe? Rezzy, what is butavan?
I would love to try this recipe

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 1:04pm
post #8 of 25

sounds good, thanks for the recipe. it sounds like its a good one to play with different cake flavors and stuff. I wonder if you could use spice cake, pumpkin for some of the oil creamcheese filling to make the sandwiches...i think i need to play icon_smile.gif
is it lunch time yet? this is making me hungry!

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by candae

good morning,

Has anyone else tried the recipe? Rezzy, what is butavan?
I would love to try this recipe

Hi candae! Butavan is a butter-vanilla flavoring emulsion that you can add to cake and cookie batter and icings. Its very yummy!

kr1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kr1970 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:08pm
post #10 of 25

thanks for sharing this

candae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candae Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 3:44pm
post #11 of 25

Hello all,
I want to try this recipe. Has anyone tried adding a little liquid to make them spread? Just curious

sunnigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnigirl Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:10pm
post #12 of 25

I'm curious too....did everyone use three min. oats or plain oats....I think my husband would love these...he loves german choc cake

Alagoas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alagoas Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 7:07pm
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykaci1

I just ate the best cookie I have ever had!!!! My Sister-In-Law just gave me this recipe and OMG it's like wow. I love these cookies!!!! It's really easy to do too. Just one box of german chocolate cake mix 1 cup chocolate chips 1 cup oats 1/2 cup oil and 2 eggs. Mix and put on sheet in 375 and bake for like 8 min...OMG just emmmmmmm!!!!!

Thanks for sharing I'll try this someday icon_biggrin.gif

lillykaci1 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:43am
post #14 of 25

I'm so sorry that I have not answered the questions. I have not been on in a long time. I use the quick oats and yes the oil and eggs are the only wet ingredients. I also used a scoop to put my cookies on the cookie sheets.

lillykaci1 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:49am
post #15 of 25

I'm so sorry that I have not answered the questions. I have not been on in a long time. I use the quick oats and yes the oil and eggs are the only wet ingredients. I also used a scoop to put my cookies on the cookie sheets. But now I have another recipe for you ladies if you liked this one...

Gooey Butter Cookies
1 box yellow cake mix
1 8oz pack cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup powdered sugar

pre heat oven to 350. Cream the cream cheese and the butter together in mixer...stir in egg and vanilla. Add the cake mix...stir till blended. The mix will be a little dry looking....roll into cookie size balls and roll in the powdered sugar. Place on cookie ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-13 min. You DO NOT WANT TO OVER BAKE THE COOKIES SHOULD BE GOOEY!!!!!!! After they come out and you place on rack to cool you can sprinkle with a little bit more powdered sugar so they look nice. They are so good my hubby at them all the night I made them it made like 48 cookies!!!

lillykaci1 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:50am
post #16 of 25

I'm so sorry that I have not answered the questions. I have not been on in a long time. I use the quick oats and yes the oil and eggs are the only wet ingredients. I also used a scoop to put my cookies on the cookie sheets. But now I have another recipe for you ladies if you liked this one...

Gooey Butter Cookies
1 box yellow cake mix
1 8oz pack cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup powdered sugar

pre heat oven to 350. Cream the cream cheese and the butter together in mixer...stir in egg and vanilla. Add the cake mix...stir till blended. The mix will be a little dry looking....roll into cookie size balls and roll in the powdered sugar. Place on cookie ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-13 min. You DO NOT WANT TO OVER BAKE THE COOKIES SHOULD BE GOOEY!!!!!!! After they come out and you place on rack to cool you can sprinkle with a little bit more powdered sugar so they look nice. They are so good my hubby at them all the night I made them it made like 48 cookies!!!

sunnigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnigirl Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 3:08pm
post #17 of 25

That makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It is soooo not on my new years resolution of no sugar but I can always use the guys at work as guinea pigs. They are always asking me if I have any rejects from my decorated cookies. icon_lol.gif
Thanks for the follow up info!!!!!

lillykaci1 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 3:57am
post #18 of 25

No prob. Sorry I didn't get to it sooner!!!! Hope yall enjoy!!!

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 4:09am
post #19 of 25

yumm...these both sound delish, thanx for sharing, can't wait to try!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 4:09am
post #20 of 25

They sound awesome!! Thanks for sharing! icon_biggrin.gif

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 4:14am
post #21 of 25

Sounds very good! I'm trying the gooey butter cookies!!!

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 4:42am
post #22 of 25

OK, I was sitting here fighting the thought of eating something sweet. I think i just lost the fight. These cookies sound delis icon_surprised.gif

Amifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:23am
post #23 of 25

Made these cookies yesterday. They are Great!!! So easy and quick to make. Took them to work and they were gone in no time. I might change them up a bit next time and use peanut butter chip instead of choc chip next time.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:28am
post #24 of 25

I have insomnia and happen to have all the ingredients that I need to make these.....so much for cutting back on the sweets. Maybe next year. icon_biggrin.gif Thank you for sharing!

Alagoas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alagoas Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 12:08pm
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykaci1

Gooey Butter Cookies
1 box yellow cake mix
1 8oz pack cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup powdered sugar

If it's goey, fudgey, chocolatey... I'm IN! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%