Class Dilemma

Decorating By Arriva Updated 22 Feb 2008 , 7:35pm by RRGibson

Arriva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arriva Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 3

I am a proponent of taking classes under different instructors. I think each one has something special to share, and I've benefited from 3 separate instructors. The first one was a non-Wilton class a couple of years ago. Then last year, I took all 4 classes at one store under one instructor, then I re-took the gumpaste class at another store with a different instructor. I may re-take a class at some time in the future with yet a different instructor. That's what I love about cake decorators. They love to share their knowledge -- just like here on CC.

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 3

i would take course 11 at ac moore in march with another teacher i think you will like her too and then if you want go back to michaels in may for 111 etc you learn how to make royal icing in course 11 and make lots of royal icing flowers and then in course 111 you make royal icing flowers again in the 3rd class of that but you're not taught how to make it i just think going in order of the classes helps you i teach wilton at michaels and i teach students that go from one store to next to keep it in order and then some i teach go to other stores to keep it in order i certaintly think any teacher can help you go forward i am a hands on person so taking my wilton classes 12 years ago helps me to understand anything i read here on cc i know alot but i learn alot here on this site we can always learn more and better ways here listening to others on how they do this and that so continuing with your courses will certainly help you to know what is being talked about on this site since i have joined this site i have learned alot if i am doing something one way and see someone else doing it another i will try their way to see if it is better for me etc etc etc

RRGibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRGibson Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 3

If you really like the instructor, go ahead and take the next class that she offers and then go back to course 2. What you learn in the classes is different, it's not like you need one to go to the next one so I think you'd be fine skipping if you wanted t o stay with that teacher. Just my opinion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%