Ka Pasta Roller Attachment

Decorating By doreenre Updated 22 Feb 2008 , 7:51pm by costumeczar

doreenre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doreenre Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone used this w/ fondant? Is it just easier to roll it out by hand?

I've seen examples of it being used for fondant on cookies. But I'd be most interested in the even-ness for fondant embellishments on cakes.

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 3

I love using the pasta roller, but it does get sticky sometimes. I found that if you grease the roller first, then roll out the first thickness, then grease the gumpaste on both sides with a little crisco, it goes through the thinner widths with no problems. If you have to, you can stop and clean the roller with a damp paper towel (not while it's moving or it will eat the towel) Then grease the roller with some crisco as well. It sounds like all the crisco would make the gumpaste greasy, but it doesn't. Just use a minimal amount.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 3

Oops..I misread the original question, sorry. I don't see why the same method wouldn't work for fondant as well as gumpaste, but you'd have to roll the fondant out pretty thin to get it into the roller in the first place, so unless you needed it really thin you might as well just do it by hand. The gumpaste is harder to get super-thin, for me, so I like the roller for gumpaste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%