Friends Can So Suck!

Decorating By Auryn Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 1:50pm by TheButterWench

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:15pm
post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edit

I wouldn't even be suprised if this guy sold your cake as his, to his friends.

You know, that is exactly what I was thinking. I still can't figure out why he was so last minute with the cake anyway? That makes no sense. Who gets a wedding or commitment cake in 24 hours?

Susan123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan123 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:17pm
post #32 of 39

To echo a previous post, this man is NOT your friend. A friend would not do what he did. Please don't stop doing business with friends, but make sure your pricing structure is the same for everyone. No matter what. The same. For everyone.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:21pm
post #33 of 39

butterwench, what if he took your initial price and used that as HIS price to the couple, then got you to barter down so he could pay his $250 or $300 and deliver the cake to receive $500, pocketing the remainder after his debt to you? He sounds like a scoundrel... sold your cake as his own. Do you know these guys who the cake was for? Anyway you could find out, "hey who did you wedding cake, I heard it was lovely?" just a thought!

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:38pm
post #34 of 39

This guy is a creep with a capital "C"!!!

Please, for the love of God, DO NOT let this guy get away with YOUR money!!! I know you have learned a valuable lesson, but that doesn't mean you should just forget about getting the rest of the money from him. Foxymamma is right---call him at work, and if that doesn't work, take his slimey behind to small claims court. Do it for your CC family!

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:18pm
post #35 of 39

This guy doesn't keep a job long enough to find him, lol

He told me that he's now the Director of Ops for Spirit Airlines, but I don't believe him

It's going to cost me more in aggravation to persue him for the money than it's worth.

If he sold the cake, or fell off the earth with it, I did the best I could do with the time I had and I can say it was lovely and made with a lot of love.

It was my first wedding cake at my new shop so I jumped a little at the ( hahah who are we kidding!! I jumped a lot!) chance to make it.

So, I shared with you guys because I paid 100 dollars to learn this, you guys got it from me for free.

Giggle!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:48pm
post #36 of 39

This person is not a friend, a friend is someone special who we can always count on to be there for us & certainly would never dream of behaving like he did, a friend is someone who appreciates us & loves & values us. He is just another aquaintance & a very selfish one at that.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:50pm
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButterWench

So, I shared with you guys because I paid 100 dollars to learn this, you guys got it from me for free.

Hey, I'll pay ya a dollar for it! What's your fax number?

Oh shoot! I only have a five. Will you fax me back four ones?

BlueDevil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:38am
post #38 of 39

TBW,

Where is your shop? If it is in driving distance from Baltimore, I would be more than happy to donate $100 of labor scrubbing pans, baking, or mixing BC for ya!

Ma'am, the lesson you learned is worth the $100 and more. Sad but true. But make sure you learn the right lesson! The real lesson is not that you cannot do business with friends...just work to know who your REAL friends are! Users are losers!

Best of luck.

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:50pm
post #39 of 39

[quote="BlueDevil"]

Users are losers!

[quote]

Love this quote, I'm going to print it and frame it and hang it up in my shop!

IndyDeb,

hahaha, for some reason my fax isn't working! I hope nothing else goes wrong! I can fax you the 4 but you have to owe me the one and I'm NOT going there again. lol thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%