Any After 5 Cake Decorators

Decorating By cakelady45 Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 7:39pm by wgoat5

cakelady45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady45 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:21am
post #1 of 6

Hi there,

I've not taken things to work to practice however I DO work on my cake business almost every night until 10:30 or later! I took last year off to get my business up and running. It was great having that year but now I have returned to the "after five" cake business, so I know what you mean. My kids are all grown but it's still hectic. Good luck to you. Keep at it and it will pay off for you.

5 replies
cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 6

Before I quit my job to do cakes full-time, I used to practice making fondant roses at my desk! I worked in a call center, and while on the phone or inbetween calls, I would use Play-Doh to practice! However, I'm in a bit of a different pickle now....my sister decided to have a baby late in life (with no hubby to help) and guess who's watching her....ME! Love her to death, but boy am I forced to be organized during the day! I only get about 4 hours during the day to really work on cakes....so I'm up VERY late every night and back up bright n' early to watch Avery!

cakelady45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady45 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 6

I know what you mean!!! In the last year (2007), each of our daughters had babies! Two grandsons in one year. I watched one of them every day for 10 months from 6:30 until 2:30, so the time I got to work on my cakes was limited also. Now that I am back to work, he has had to go to daycare so I am kind of going throught that "empty nest" syndrome all over again! icon_smile.gificon_sad.gif

jklm3721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jklm3721 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 6

I take my stuff to practice decorating on a semi-regular basis. I was skeptical at first but really enjoy having it there to practice with and my skills are improving because of it. I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old at home and don't have the time at home to really practice.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 6

Oh yeah.....Actually I'm an "after 8" p.m. decorator. It's a good night if I finish by 2 a.m.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:39pm
post #6 of 6

oh I am!!!

I don't work outside the home I'm a SAHM but...I bake in the morning after I take the kids to school and start decorating about 8pm so no kids either time...sometimes it takes all night and I am ok with that...I don't have to stop to make dinner, clean..etc....

I prefer this icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%