Omg How Did This Happen? (Long... Sorry)

Decorating By Zizi123 Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 3:03am by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

Zizi123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zizi123 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:06am
post #1 of 5

My regular size cupcakes always turn out fine, but the last batch of mini-cupcakes I made domed but had an air pocket in the middle. Maybe that is from too much batter?

4 replies
TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:22am
post #2 of 5

you added too much fat from the cream and the egg yolks, for the formular to work you had to counter balance it and added more of the dry ingredients

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:33am
post #3 of 5

I agree wet/dry ration. Alton Brown says it MUST BE RIGHT!
But, keep trying. Cause these bad boys sound GREAT!!

Beth

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:36am
post #4 of 5

Mmmm sounds delicious... fat, chloresterol... now you need to deep fry those bad-boys and dredge them in powdered sugar! I'd love to know how you've perfected this accident, they sound like cupcakes meet brownies =9

ps-i'm on a diet (boooo!) and would eat anything remotely bad for me right now =D

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:03am
post #5 of 5

Oh i wish I had measured everything now but i just added things in it because they were left overs. I think I have eaten 3 out of the 12 cupcakes by now. Somebody better take them out of my reach.

When i baked them in the right temperature they would dome and then deflate too after they've cooled off. Maybe I could try the baking soda thing next time. Still best cupcake I've ever made though. I didn't even put frosting on them because they were good as it is and my brother didn't want me to "ruin them" LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%