Hotel Staff Ate The Cake! Ace Of Cakes

Decorating By lepaz Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 4:21am by imartsy

lepaz Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 4

Oooh, I have it TiVo'd, now I'm going to have to go watch it!!!

3 replies
peg818 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 4

i was just flabbergasted by that whole thing. I couldn't believe that the maid didn't get fired, but maybe the hotel plans to take the cost of the cakes out of her/his pay

terrig007 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 4

I believe it because once we had left some cake in a box on the desk to go out to get something for breakfast (the cake was from my cousin's wedding and we were taking it to my parent's house and she had made sure it got boxed to them) and the hotel staff took it along with the 4 beers that were left in the mini-fridge even though we didn't have to check out until noon and this was 8:00 a.m.
They probably knew who Geoff was and decided they were going to get some Ace of Cakes cake. I was confused at the end though, was anyone reprimanded for this and it's a good thing the other bakery was able to come in and pinch hit like that. I'm surprised they had two orders of large sheet cakes hanging around all the time.

imartsy Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:21am
post #4 of 4

Why oh why would you eat anything left in a hotel room? All the germs and junk that exist in hotel rooms.... I mean how do they know how long it was sitting for? And if the ingredients needed to be refrigerated? And you're still TAKING something from someone's room.... what if you left something in the hotel and didn't realize it until you got home - and when you called to get it back, you found out the hotel staff took it - and no one at the hotel saw any problem with that.....

I've just heard too many horror stories about what people have left in hotel rooms that I'd be really suspicious of food that was left.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%