Disney Princess Bday For 3 Yr Old Please Help

Decorating By kathyg Updated 12 Aug 2005 , 3:57am by kathyg

kathyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyg Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 4:22am
post #1 of 11

I have a request for a bday cake for a 3 yr old and the theme is disney princess. In speaking to the mom she said it needs to be for 20-30 people- So my thought no character pan, not that I like doing them anyway. The question is should I do a castle cake, sheet cake with frosting sheet of disney princess theme???? Pls help

10 replies
jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 5:34am
post #2 of 11

I can't wait to do a castle cake for my daughter's birthday next year. The ideas I have are to make it like the show at Cinderella's castle at Disney World that we saw a couple of years ago. All the princesses were featured... I am going to make a castle cake to look sort of like Cinderella's castle with Cinderella on the steps and Jasmine on a magic carpet holding Aladdin's lamp sitting on the top and then around the base make rocks with a wave splashing up on the rocks with Ariel sitting on top of the rocks. I might have Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) lying down somewhere and Belle at a table with the candlestick or teapot character on the table. I've thought of putting Snow White somewhere holding an apple in front of a mirror with a rabbit or some other animal at her feet. I haven't figured out how I'm going to do it all yet as her birthday just passed and she insisted on a Dora theme this year. I'm really hoping she will pick the princesses next year!

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 6:31am
post #3 of 11

The new Wilton Yearbook has a cake of Cinderella, using the Disney Princess pan. It's a chocolate(?) plaque of Cinderella on top of a fondant covered sheet cake. What if you tried that and put it over a bigger sheet cake? (I'm not sure how many servings are in the one in the book.) That's what I plan on doing for my girls' b-day party icon_wink.gif

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 11

If you look in my photos you will see a cinderella cake that I made. I made Cinderella, a carriage and a cake for the carriage to sit on. You don't have to go to that extreme but you can make a 3-d Princess cake and serve it on top of a 1/4 to 1/2 sheet cake

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 11

I have done a few castles and they aren't really all that difficult. But they might not be what you want ...I guess it just depends on how much you want to put into it too. I mean if the customer only paid $50 or less I wouldnt do a full castle for that little. I might would do a sheet cake with the plastic figures and pretty colored borders or something or an edible image

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 12:55am
post #6 of 11

I'm getting ready to do a Disney Princess cake too. It really depends on what price you quoted her. For that amount of people I would do an 11X15 sheet cake with a large FBCT of a princess etc. with a simple shell top & bottom border for $45. If I were going to do an extravagant castle cake I would charge $65. Hope that helps.

midwestmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmom Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 3:46am
post #7 of 11

We just had a princess party on Sunday for my daughter turning 3. I made three different princess cakes.

kathyg Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 4:08am
post #8 of 11

Thanks everyone for all the imput. she said she would call tomarrow to let me know definately what she can afford. the photos were great. Thanks again

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 4:16am
post #9 of 11

Hi. I did a disney princess cake a few weeks ago. I did an edible image of the princesses on top of a sheet cake. I had a customer see it on my website and wanted the same thing. On the secind one I used some edible glitter and it came out really cute. The other idea is you could make a sheet cake with a crown in the middle. You could then put some princess figures around it(they sell princess cake kits at most bakeries). You could do your borders in pinks and purples. Hope that helps you!
traci icon_smile.gif

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 6:56am
post #10 of 11

I don't know how much time you have before you need to do the cake, but this kit is really cute for a castle cake.

http://www.decopac.com/signature/signature.cfm?sigcake=princesscastle

kathyg Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 3:57am
post #11 of 11

Once again, Thanks to everyone for the help. CC is the best. Sheilaf thanks for the website, that castle cake is precious.

I thought I had made my mind up but this is just too cute

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%