Cupcake Bouquet Crashed!

Decorating By Lovelylilacs Updated 24 Feb 2008 , 1:29am by imagine76

Lovelylilacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelylilacs Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 2

After many trial and errors, the only thing I could figure out what was happening with mine is the cake wasn't dense enough to hold the skewer on no matter how much I doctored the mix. A few weeks ago I wanted to try the WASC recipe. The cupcakes came out perfect. The mix was dense enough for the skewer to get a good solid hold into the cupcake. This was for regular sized cupcakes. I haven't tried the minis yet but will soon. I also make a small slit with an exacto knife in the bottom of the liner before I put the skewer in, instead of trying to punch it in with the tip. Basically I think if your mix is dense enough it'll work. Also, you have to make sure the skewer is long enough, if it's too short, they'll fall off for sure. Hope this helps!

1 reply
imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 1:29am
post #2 of 2

oh man, i've only made 1 cupcake bouquet. it turned out pretty cute but it took forever and i swore like a drunken sailor the entire time of construction!!!! i used 1 tooth pick, 2 tooth picks, sucker sticks, etc. i did have to use more than one for each cupcake. and the *&%$# thing did keep falling over during construction! i DO need to use a sturdier cake (although i love my light and fluffy version for everything else) and i DO need to weight the container, and i really like the idea of mini cupcakes.

ok, now i want to try them again. my wheels are turning....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%