Stacked Buttercream Cakes

Decorating By indydebi Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 8:53am by MikeRowesHunny

indydebi Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 4

nanette, it sounds like I insulted you and I honestly had no intent of doing that, so if that's how it came across, I certainly apologize to you.

I've just seen a number of threads in which the coconut idea has been thrown out but with no regard to the client's taste. As a person who HATES coconut, this would really tick me off if my cake had coconut on it.

Sounds like you're on top of things! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
1nanette Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:58am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

nanette, it sounds like I insulted you and I honestly had no intent of doing that, so if that's how it came across, I certainly apologize to you.

I've just seen a number of threads in which the coconut idea has been thrown out but with no regard to the client's taste. As a person who HATES coconut, this would really tick me off if my cake had coconut on it.

Sounds like you're on top of things! thumbs_up.gif

thank you icon_smile.gif

mckaren Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 8:33am
post #3 of 4

Ahhh, thanks Rodzei I get it now!! I've seen them in brown chocolate but not white - i'm off to have a look later!!

Karen

MikeRowesHunny Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 8:53am
post #4 of 4

I've used wax paper circles stuck to the underside (with gum glue/sugar glue) of the cardboard before now - just peels off the tier below leaving everything intact. I must say that I hate stacking buttercream cakes though - I always make them hard in the fridge first so I don't damage the surface!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%