Dragees...where To Get?

Decorating By TerriS Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 11:25pm by beverlyanne

TerriS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriS Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:46am
post #1 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmom

Some lawyer on his own I believe decided to sue because he said they were toxic. And since no one wants to get sued here they started to sell off their supplies and suppliers wont ship them here. I'll be going to dragee jail when I get searched coming back into California. Send me a cake with a file in it.

Will the on-line suppliers ship them to California? I live in CA also and was looking high and low for the silver ones when my cake decorating shop told me that it was illegal for her to carry them.

TIA
TerriS

6 replies
Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:59am
post #2 of 7

I don't think any of the suppliers will ship to CA. I ordered the gold, silver and a multi-color pack this week from Candtlandcrafts.

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:01am
post #3 of 7

That is candylandcrafts.com thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 7

Absolutely NO ONE will ship them to CA... sorry!! It usually says right on the page next to the dragees that they will not. Your best bet is to get someone 'over the border' to but them and ship to you! So sorry about that, I know it's a serious pain!!

peanut123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peanut123 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 7

A good article on the issue in California:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/12/23/MNGS03SUEM1.DTL

ââ¦lawyer Mark Pollock takes silver dragees very seriously. He started suing to force dragees off the California market when he was a Solano County prosecutor in the early 1990s, and got the spice giant McCormick to stop selling them in the state. Now an environmental lawyer in private practice, he sprang back into action last spring when dragees surged back into vogue after Martha Stewart used them on holiday cookies.
Pollock sued Stewart, gourmet food purveyor Dean and DeLuca, India Tree and about two dozen other distributors and retailers. As of Monday, Pollock said all but one had settled, agreeing to stop selling silver cake decorations in California, and the last was about to sign. Settlement amounts are confidential.â

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut123

ââ¦lawyer Mark Pollock takes silver dragees very seriously. He started suing to force dragees off the California market when he was a Solano County prosecutor in the early 1990s, and got the spice giant McCormick to stop selling them in the state. Now an environmental lawyer in private practice, he sprang back into action last spring when dragees surged back into vogue after Martha Stewart used them on holiday cookies.
Pollock sued Stewart, gourmet food purveyor Dean and DeLuca, India Tree and about two dozen other distributors and retailers. As of Monday, Pollock said all but one had settled, agreeing to stop selling silver cake decorations in California, and the last was about to sign. Settlement amounts are confidential.â

All I can say is, Thank GOD they got that crap off the streets!! I mean... really! Now the innocent people of California can go back to their cocaine, heroine, and amphetamines. Dirty cake pushers and their deadly decorations!

Ok, please, I am NOT implying that all people in California do drugs!!! I'm simply saying that with all the SERIOUSLY life threatening substances out there, were dragees really a worthwhile target? How many dragees would it take to kill a person? Conversely... how many times does one have to shoot up before death is a possibility? How many times does one have to drive drunk before they *MIGHT* kill someone? This just makes me sick.

But thank you peanut for the excellent link!!

beverlyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beverlyanne Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 7

I've had excellent luck with fancyflours.com thumbs_up.gif . I live in California and they were willing to ship dragees to me only if I signed a waiver. You may want to contact them for more info. They are very helpful and ship extemely quickly. Good Luck!!!

Bev

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%