How To Make A Great Tasting True Black Mmf! (Recipe & T

Decorating By Jayde Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 11:26pm by PattyT

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:30am
post #1 of 6

I am truely sorry, it is 2 lbs not one icon_redface.gif . Now I feel silly.

5 replies
ruthberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthberry Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:29pm
post #2 of 6

Thank you! I will try this soon!

I TRIED to make black MMF before, ending up throwing the whole crumbly mess into the trash!

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:45pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks. This sounds like a great chocolate MMF recipe too. I will definitely try it. The last time I made chocolate MMF I used cocoa powder and it came out dry and crumbly. This just might work. Just think of the possibilities. White chocolate chips....

Another tip is to move the melted marshmallows to your standing mixer. Use the dough hook. It is great for incorporating the sugar and it saves you a lot of kneading work. I still hand knead it towards the end but it is a time saver.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 6

Just make sure that you knead it really well before you roll it out. Its best used fresh, the day that you make it.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 11:06pm
post #5 of 6

OK I made it using the 1 pound but it still worked fine. Yes it was soft but it eas VERY easy to mold and shape. I think I will try 1 1/2 pounds next time!!

PS my kids LOVE it

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 11:26pm
post #6 of 6

Wow! Thanks for posting this. What a time saver! I'm definitely trying without color to make dark and white chocolate fondant. Any idea if navy blue would work added to the chocolate mixture?? I did a NY Mets baseball had and it took FOR-EVER to get to a nice dark blue. Thank you again for sharing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%