SueW Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 7:43pm
post #1 of

I am sooooooooo excited, I just signed up for the basic cookie design class being taught by Toba on Feb 8th in NYC. I was amazed it was still open, is anyone else going? I am so excited! Oh, I think I said that already Let me know if anyone is going On Feb 8th I think it is a Thursday. Since I don't know much I am sure I will learn a lot icon_biggrin.gif

Sue

13 replies
tayesmama Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:17am
post #2 of

OOOO Sounds fun! I'm jealous icon_surprised.gif ! LOL. Wish I could go to something like that... One day....

HAVE FUN! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 3:57pm
post #3 of

I'm not going to NYC,... BUT... I have signed up for her advanced cookie decorating class in Michigan when she comes for the ICES mini-classes in April. You MUST give us a report when you've taken the class!!! icon_biggrin.gif

moralna Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 7:55pm
post #4 of

Have a great time!! I am going to be taking her cake decorating classes in April and i can't wait!!

kneadacookie Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:59am
post #5 of

bobwonderbuns i haven't signed up for her class yet in dearborn. i hope i'm not too late. i'm trying to talk work into paying for the class. are you taking both her classes? or the either of the ones the day before

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:18am
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

bobwonderbuns i haven't signed up for her class yet in dearborn. i hope i'm not too late. i'm trying to talk work into paying for the class. are you taking both her classes? or the either of the ones the day before

I'm signed up for several classes on all three days (something like three per day) and only on Sunday did I have a two hour "layover" and her class was starting then so I signed up for it. I will have to leave it early to attend Roland Winbeckler's airbrush demo which starts at 3 though. Check the Michigan ICES website or call Michaelle to find out if those classes are sold out. I know her australian string work class was the first to sell out! icon_smile.gif

By the way, I just noticed you are in Berkley -- good heavens, I'm in Madison Heights -- we should drive together! PM me and we'll talk! icon_wink.gif

donnajf Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:28am
post #7 of

SueW,

Toba is an EXCELLENT teacher! I can asure you that you will have a lot of fun!

She's the best.

donnajf Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:35am
post #8 of

I forgot to say that I'm one of her (many) disciples! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif
I have taken several of her classes and I will continue to take her classes... thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:39am
post #9 of

Donna, since you've worked with her before, can I ask -- I have to leave her class an hour early because I'm already signed up for another class. Will she mind? I don't want to offend...

donnajf Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 5:23am

Heck no!

Toba is pretty easy going but, she does have her schedule...

At the begining of the class just let know of your plans... and b/c you are leaving early, do your best to not get behind the eight ball so to speak!

Have fun and please share your experience with us! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

kneadacookie Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 12:00am

bobwonderbuns...michaelle was my cake decorating instructor at OCC. she was the one that told us of the classes. i'll see her tues to find out about signing up

bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 12:32am
Quote:

bobwonderbuns...michaelle was my cake decorating instructor at OCC. she was the one that told us of the classes. i'll see her tues to find out about signing up

really? How cool!! I'm hopefully going to meet her when she gets back from her trip near the end of Jan. I teach at royal oak continuing ed and at Gilda's Club in RO. We definitely have to meet! icon_biggrin.gif

kneadacookie Posted 18 Jan 2007 , 4:14pm

bobwonderbuns
what a small world. what classes do you teach? i'll have to watch for you in the next flyer. yes we definately have to meet

bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Jan 2007 , 11:55pm
Quote:

bobwonderbuns
what a small world. what classes do you teach? i'll have to watch for you in the next flyer. yes we definately have to meet

I'm teaching Cakes 102 starting Monday (piping buttercream flowers right onto the cake and basketweave basically), and Cakes 101 on Thursday. They've also given me permission to teach a Fondant 101 class (round cake) after the Cakes 102 class is done in March. It's not going into the catalog, just going to be offered to the course 102 students.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%