Please Help!

Decorating By edcjenv Updated 9 Aug 2005 , 3:48am by justsweet

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:08am
post #1 of 8

Hello awesome CC members....

I have just rec'd an order for a choc cake w/ raspberry filling....I've never done raspberry filling, but it's the lady's fav. so I want to do it right. Please please let me know which recipes/tech. you like best and hopefully foolproof (I totally bombed making white choc mousse filling).

Also....what's the Blue Ribbon Choc. Cake like? Should I use that?

TIA icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:15am
post #2 of 8

I just buy the premade raspberry filling in the long tube for 2.79 and so far have not had a problem with it. From talking to others I have learned that either you really, really like it or you hate it. I like it ~ taste like the fillings in donuts. It is also very sweet.

I bet others out there will have great recipes. icon_smile.gif

bj icon_wink.gif

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:21am
post #3 of 8

You can also use seedless raspberry jam as a filling. I know a lot of people who like chocolate and raspberry together.... it used to be the chic thing to do.

Debbi

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:24am
post #4 of 8

OH YES............. Seedless............... (good point debsuewoo) Made that mistake before too. Those tiny little seed were like eating rocks.

I hate learning from my mistakes...... :lol

bj icon_wink.gif

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:36am
post #5 of 8

Any good tips for strawberry filling???? I am thinking about using a small layer of strawberry jam along with buttercream. Let me know what you all use. Thanks!!!!
traci icon_smile.gif

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:55am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by traci

Any good tips for strawberry filling???? I am thinking about using a small layer of strawberry jam along with buttercream. Let me know what you all use. Thanks!!!!
traci icon_smile.gif

For strawberry filling i use pre made desert glaze (strawberry flavored) it is made by litehouse and can be found in the produce section. I then add finely chopped fresh strawberries to it. It tastes GREAT and it is quick and easy.

There are lots of great filling recipes on www.ladycakes.com I have made the raspberry filling and it turned out great. Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 3:39am
post #7 of 8

Thanx for the ideas....I'll have to go to the grocery to see what's avail. if anyone else has recipes/suggestions they are still greatly valued icon_smile.gif Also...anyone have anything to say about the choc cake recipe? It's been one of the top rated on CC for a while now, but I just wanted to hear from someone who has tried it....Just want to know what it's like....lighter cakey/ more like a brownie ????
etc....

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 3:48am
post #8 of 8

Go to country kitchen you can purchase over pastry filling from them, they have the best prices I have seen except for cream cheese I buy that else where. You can choose from over 14 types of filling. Raspberry $2.60, lemon $1.95, apple $2.85, banana cream $2.25

here is the link for you took look at

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/minicake.aspx?T=1&SubCatId=798

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%