My Cmd Book Arrived!

Decorating By marv Updated 9 Aug 2005 , 4:26pm by blueskies

marv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marv Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 11

I finally got hold of the CMD book that I ordered online from amazon.com and can't wait to try the recipes! For those of you who have a copy of the book, which of these cake recipes would you say is the best that you've tried?

10 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 3:06am
post #2 of 11

I'm guessing that I'm in the minority here...oh well, but I was never too excited about the recipes in that book. It has sat here for years! I hope you get lots of positive responses and enjoy your new book!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 3:12am
post #3 of 11

I've made the "Ever-so-moist" chocolate cake and the chocolate sour cream frosting from the CMD's chocolate cake book .. it was just to die for!! Was rich and just wonderful... there wasn't a crumb of this left when I made one and brought to the office for a co-worker's birthday ...

I've also used the CMD's recipe from her cupcake book for the Italian Cream Cake but I modified it some to fit my needs more for what I needed it to be.. it was also yummy icon_smile.gif

Congrats on your new book.. you're gonna love it icon_wink.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 3:28am
post #4 of 11

The Ripe Banana Loaves are wonderful. I add walnuts to the recipe. I make over 100 of these every Christmas for family and friends...just something I started and now I can't quit. Around Thanksgiving, they're all asking if I'm going to make them. I put 3 walnut halves on top of each one before baking and after they cool...I drizzle them with white candy melts. They look really pretty in the holiday bags.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 3:30am
post #5 of 11

Can I add my name to your list lisa??? lol .. goodness those sound so yummy!!

Lisa Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 3:33am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

Can I add my name to your list lisa??? lol .. goodness those sound so yummy!!

You know that's how it started. I only made about 40 the first year...by the second year it was over 100. I've actually thought of making small bundts to sell during the holidays...they are that good. The best banana bread/cake I've ever tasted.

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 1:52pm
post #7 of 11

Lisa,
I have made mini Pillsbury quick bread(?) loaves for Christmas baskets and everyone loved the pumpkin one. Just an idea.

hth

Lisa Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:35pm
post #8 of 11

I've seen the pumpkin mix but I haven't tried it yet. What does it taste like? I thought it might be like a spice cake.

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 3:58pm
post #9 of 11

I don't eat pumpkin pie so I can't make a comparison. It smells and tastes similar to how I flavor a sweet potato pie-sweet and nutmeg. It's cheap at holiday time so I've tried all the flavors. The cranberry one was a bit bland to me. It would a little extract or adding some cranraisins to give it more flavor. The banana tasted more like banana cake than bread.

It's pilsbury. Not the height of baking, but certainly tasty. icon_smile.gif

PolishMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PolishMommy Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 4:14pm
post #10 of 11

I wanted to get that book cuz of all the great things people say about it. But when I saw it, there really isn't any pictures in there. All the cookbooks that I have without pictures never get used. icon_sad.gif

lisa, that's a great idea making mini cakes for christmas. I'm sure its a LOT of work, but you can tell everyone looks forward to it! I've always thought of doing something like that. We'll have to all exchange ideas when it gets closer to time!

blueskies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueskies Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 4:26pm
post #11 of 11

PolishMommy, are you talking about the right book? The CMD book has pictures of every single cake, that's one of the reasons that I love it so much! Maybe you missed them because they are at the beginning of the book rather than spread throughout.

Almost every cake I make is out of this cookbook. So far, they are all great and have gotten great reviews. One of my favorites is the hummingbird cake and for a non-decorated dessert, try the gooey butter cakes. Yum!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%