I forgot about that, I did read it, maybe I should do some changes and go to ICES instead and next year go to Cake Camp. Hmmmm!!!! Have to give it some thought and put my thinking cap on.
Is anybody else considering and not quite sure and maybe sharing a room would make a difference?
I say add your kids' names to the hotel room. Disney offers the FREE Magical Express Shuttle and in order to use this service you HAVE to PRE-REGISTER so you want to be able to have your kids ride shuttle, better to put their names on the hotel reservation. (There is more info on this on the ICES convention page.)
Let me know if you have any other questions. This is my first convention but I have lived in the Orlando/Central Florida area for 21 years and I'm also volunteering and am on the convention planning committee.
See you there!
I will be watching out for the dates in 2009.
1. I logged on and couldn't see what they charge your credit card to hold the room. You can email [email protected] or I can try to find out for you if you would like.
2. What someone else said, usually any hotel will let you if there are rooms available and most hotels have an area where you can check your baggage. With the Disney Magical Express Shuttle, your baggage may not meet you at the hotel until 4 hours after you arrive so you may not have a problem.
3. Arrive on the evening of the 16th? I always find it nice for me to arrive somewhere the night before something starts that way I know I'll have enough time to get to the places I plan to go the morning of. When you get there Wednesday night, you can start exploring, get the lay of the land and see where everything is. I think it's not required but would be nice.
4. I have never been to an ICES convention so I don't know. I have heard that the Nick Lodge demo gets full and that Mercedes (Under the Sea) is amazing and that her demo is a must see.
5. Your registration includes the breakfast and the dinner. Why not go because these are meals that you don't have to worry about paying out of pocket for while you're there. You might want to find out who your state ICES rep is and talk to them and see what kind of things they do in your state, it might be worth it. Maybe you can sit with your state/area at the banquet and meet some really nice people.
Read the first timers document on the ICES convention site too. It says to make a shopping list and even make a list of the cake supplies you have so you don't duplicate. I'm definitely doing this so I can SHOP!
HTH and let me know if you have any other questions.